It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Amy Klobuchar has a better chance of beating Trump than Bernie Sanders does

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but every time I see her name in print my mind says Frau Blucher and that just takes my mind further into other Young Frankenstein jokes. People go by name recognition, so she already has a strike against her.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I agree that she has a better chance to beat Trump than Sanders.

But if Sanders only has a 10% chance and Klobuchar has a 20% chance, still not good odds.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Maybe it is just me, but every time I see her name in print my mind says Frau Blucher and that just takes my mind further into other Young Frankenstein jokes. People go by name recognition, so she already has a strike against her.

Even better:

"Klo-mentum"
"Klobu-charge"
"Klobu-surge"

These are terms that are being created by her fans and the MSM.

Be honest, do they sound like 1) motivational words or 2) bodily functions/excretions?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Maybe not the function so much as the product to cause the function.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I am thinking after Obama, many people learned their lesson about voting just for the sake of being historic. At the moment, if they're going to vote for a woman (or a gay, or any other leftist grievance demographic ...), it will be because that person is the actual right candidate and not just because they belong to said grievance demographic.

That being said with the rise of trans politics and pandering, the actual woman demographic is endangered. It's hateful to think your actual physical biology makes you in any way special these days because some men think they're just as female as you and may not have that biology.

But I digress ...

I am thinking it's going to take some time over having gotten burned on voting for a demographic over actual substance.
edit on 13-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think she is the more moderate candidate in the Dem line up, but after watching the Dems self implode that past few years over Trump, I just cannot vote for her in 2020. To be fair, this election is good and gives her a chance to get nationally noticed for the 2024 elections.

If the Democrat party can pull their britches up and simply focus on what really matters after Trump wins in 2020, it will go a long way towards me considering her or another Dem come 2024. The party will hopefully get a grip, not focus on the extremes only, and recognize that they don't have to beat Trump. they need to recognize and listen to what Americans actually need not just impulsively want.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

When are the new elections held? As a non-American I would love to see another president than Trump, so very much invested in the topic right now

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What I see from Klobuchar is she lacks any real go get em personality or fire? In a time of crisis would she be able to rally all sides together for one cause without it seeming disingenuous?

I also do not see here as someone that would be able to stand her ground internationally. I feel she would be bullied by several world leaders and in turn get us involved in international issues/policies similar to how Obama and some of the other previous administrations have done.

The biggest turnoffs for me is her liberal policies, her background as a lawyer, and by the looks of it her intended drive to be a career politician. One of my main reasons for voting for Trump and going forward is I don't want to vote for career politicians anymore. The "brotherhood" and buddy system has not been good for our country, while I don't think it is something that completely be eliminated it is a concern for me.

I hope Trump has seen some of his mistakes in trying to hire people close to him and makes some changes. I think the farther we can move away from establishment characters the better.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The odds of me voting for democrat are about as nil as voting for a republican, but if I were pressed on Klobuchar?

Still no. ALL I get out of that one's supporters is that I should vote for the vagina because I have one, too. There's no bigger political turn-off than "girl powah! HUZAH!"

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
What I see from Klobuchar is she lacks any real go get em personality or fire?

Actually, I'd call her Jenny Carter. Because she's about as inspirational as Jimmy was. Not that Jimmy Carter was all that terrible, but he was effectively a wet noodle in the OO. I see the same in Klobuchar there -- all pandering image, not much else.
edit on 2/13/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SterlingElle
a reply to: dfnj2015

When are the new elections held? As a non-American I would love to see another president than Trump, so very much invested in the topic right now

Why are you so invested in a politician not in your country?

If you are so invested why don't you know when the election is? I'm sure there are all sorts of count-down clocks on the internet.

Yep, google top choice for "count down to election 2020" www.270towin.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join