It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronvirus Spike in Hubei Province

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just ran across this article. Apparently the wheels have really come off of this ride with cases skyrocketing tenfold.

"14,840 new confirmed cases.... and new deaths attributable to the contagion rose to 242"

"Hubei’s health commission said in its daily statement that it had changed the diagnostic criteria used to confirm cases, effective Thursday, meaning that doctors have broader discretion to determine which patients are infected."

My question is, what drove them to allow healthcare professionals to determine who was actually infected? Were there strikes, or is it the increased scrutiny? This entire thing is alarming.

www.scmp.com...
edit on 12-2-2020 by QuietSpeech because: Fixing link

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

So based on the link and the fact that you have to take ANYTHING that comes out of the ChiCom government with a grain of salt

But they have changed the criteria from listing ONLY those confirmed to have it vs. those with symptoms. Now they are including both hence the spike. I think this is rather a real reflection of what is going on
edit on 2/12/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thank you, should be fixed.

(post by Trueman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
my theory is that they need help so now they will have to be more forth coming

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

So based on the link and the fact that you have to take ANYTHING that comes out of the ChiCom government with a grain of salt

But they have changed the criteria from listing ONLY those confirmed to have it vs. those with symptoms. Now they are including both hence the spike. I think this is rather a real reflection of what is going on

no they changed the criteria by which they confirm the cases they are not also including symptoms they are including people who test with lung issues

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

no they changed the criteria by which they confirm the cases they are not also including symptoms they are including people who test with lung issues

Thats basically what I said. They are letting people with outright symptoms get the label rather than massaging the data by only using those that test positive.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Before this news was released I read that projections have said the global economy see a .3% reduction in growth for 2020. Some may say that number is miniscule... But right now we've seen a virus infect 40k~ have the impact it has (now 60k~). China has quarantined record numbers in human history. Their industries are running at lower capacity, commerce in some sectors taking quite the hit. All while the WHO and media have told us to worry about the flu.

Well, I don't know about you all, but it's got my attention. I really hope this turns out to be more scare than bite like SARS.

With the incubation time, I don't think we see this stop at 60k... I don't think China or even the global community really gives an honest representation on what we're dealing with... But it's starting to look to me that at best nations buffer themselves from the spread of a virus, and feels the fill effect of being dependent on outsourcing the lifeblood of our economies. (caveat, I'm not a professional at anything aside from being a dumbass)
edit on 12-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I wouldn’t trust anything coming from the Chinese government.
My wife has a facebook friend in China that teaches English to the local kids.
She says it’s worse than is being reported.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I agree, to me, it lends credibility to the inflated numbers that tencent posted and then "corrected".

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Read this book:

Caffa
www.amazon.com...

It will open your eyes to what the reality of this situation could become and what many think will be the next WW3.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I just woke up and the first thing I do (daily) is checking ATS and Confirmed Cases to stay up to date. Wth man! I knew something was wrong with the virus stabilizing. It didn't make sense. I didn't expect a 16k rise in 1 day though! I guess we are starting to get a glimpse of the real numbers now, which is obviously much more higher if they already report this freaking rise.

The 1300 deaths and even funnier 6200 ''recovered'' are an obvious lie. 6200 bodies recovered from their steel barred appartments is more likely...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Amazing spike in numbers today, granted, but wouldn't this post have been better in the main Coronavirus update thread (part 2)? Why start a new thread for what amounts to an update?

OP is definitely more relevant to that thread than some of the other posts it attracts.

Just saying, but then I'm new here, and possibly Chinese.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WattBWong

My guess is it does have a place in one of those threads, however it still does not answer my question on why the people who decide what the official numbers are, would allow physicians the freedom to say, "this guy has the virus", without an actual test.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's quite easy really. Lower the diagnostic criteria, therefore more people "have it" (but not). Same amount of people dying, more people "surviving" (cos they didn't have it in the first place) therefore the death to survive ratio falls dramatically.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have some doubts if Wuhan or Hubei quarantine will turn this to good, becouse to me there is something terrible wrong with Hubei province itself, and what ever it is can make this corona issue so big.

We will see this in the coming Weeks, i hope quarantine would help and that i would be wrong.

I just feel something dont add up here....theres got to be also other than the virus in Hubei that makes such a large effect..

If Hubei has something X other than virus , people there will be in deathtrap as long they live there .

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
On Sunday, 97 people died. Over a hundred the next two days. That trend, 100/day, would stack up pretty quick.

The new number of 257 dead in one day means this thing is growing. Not “leveling off”.

Hate to be a fear monger but we will see 500/day in less than a week.

join