It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon misses deadline on soldier reimbursement guidelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is just plain disgusting and the military should be ashamed of itself, there is no excuse for this at all...

And you thought I could never be mad at the administration.

WASHINGTON Connecticut Senator Christopher Dodd says the Pentagon hasn't developed a plan to reimburse soldiers for equipment they've bought to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dodd says the military failed to act despite requirements in a law passed last year.

The Democrat has sent a letter to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld asking why a reimbursement program isn't in place.

Soldiers serving in Iraq and their families have reported buying everything from higher-quality protective gear to armor for their Humvees, medical supplies and even global positioning devices.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well I am truly surprised that no one has even comment on me talking bad about our military and the government and yet here it is for all to see and nothing, well I guess it does make sense....this doesn't exactly fit my lovable image now does it?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ed, i'am surprised that this is a surprise to you.

No government have ever being 100% behind the troops, just look at things like medical tests, nuclear tests, gulf-war syndrome, depleted uranium shells etc...

The government just wants to wait it out for a few decades, let the veteran numbers dwindle, then act on the few that are left.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28Ed, i'am surprised that this is a surprise to you.

No I know how they work, this is a bureaucracy cow pie, nothing more.

top topics

join