It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Nice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
With all the doom and gloom going on now, I thought I might post something nice to think about...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Really nice timing, as I am dealing with our 9 month old pup. He only seems to be happy when he has our hands in his mouth. Doesn't usually bite down, but it sure gets annoying, and he drives our boxer crazy.
But those 10 minutes of the day, when he actually wants to cuddle?
Make it all worth it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Damn, now I feel guilty. I need to spend more time pampering my masters.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

so true... much lovin for the little critters out there

so much better then people

S&F

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I need to show that to my husband. Our bottle kitty, DC, has decided that the proper way to ask for food is to jump right in the middle of his keyboard when he's doing something on the computer. I try not to laugh because it's clear husband get so irritated ...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Dogs live short lives, because they already know how to love.

“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”
“Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long…”

www.littlethings.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm not sure I'm good with that explanation!

I wish dogs would live, not longer, but the same, as us.

They are our truest best friends. I had a parrot once (my ex-wife took it), they live longer than people, and that seems wrong. But dogs, those wonderful creatures, live shorter. And, they are my BEST friends! My absolute BEST friends!!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Secondly, I truly believe dogs are spirits. They are us, reincarnated.

If you were a bad person, you have a bad dog. If you are a good person you have an Angel, gifted to you, for your time here.

Call me weird, but it's true.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Just got home from work. Did the few tasks I had to get done, then sat right down with the iPad. Scrolled through the new posts on ATS, and this one was the first I picked to read. Because it seemed light.

Here’s the ironic part. I had literally clicked on this post and pushed my 10 month old puppy away, cuz he was Smothering me. Within seconds of each other.... then I read the very first line.

Petting and loving doggy now. Thanks FCD.

I also agree that animals carry spirits just like us. It’s all apart of spiritual evolution. Maybe we started out as ants.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

And you just made his day!

That was all he wanted, just to be near YOU! Just to be WITH YOU.

That was all he wanted.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Our Belgians are amazing. Fiercely loyal and protective, they are family.

My wife and I rarely leave the house, together. With our livestock, and the constant threat of predators... there are few people that we trust enough, to hold down the fort...

When we can go out for a few hours, and then get home... those dogs will clear the coffee table, with their tails. They are just SO happy to have us home... I wouldn't trade those two, for a winning "Powerball" ticket...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ohhh no. That’s not all he wanted. Now it’s walk time. Which I enjoy thoroughly. Puppies are a lot of work. And totally worth it!

Just a thought now, considering what you mentioned about dogs living life spans the same as humans. That would elongate all the periods of life. Which could be difficult.

I say develop tech to double dogs lives. Living as long as us would be too complicated.

🍻

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I've lost count now, but I've probably raised 50 puppies, most for other people as hunting dogs. They're all a challenge, but they're all unique and they're all just these loving little animals.

I love them all!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

A pet is family, family can eat from my plate before I do. Not that I want them to, but if it comes to it I'll share.

Can't say the same for the dogs in my life. Wasters the lot of them! Sarcasm btw... You're an arsehole if you disrespect any animal needlessly and like I say pets are family

They desire to be by our side, that's what friends and family do man.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We have an Australian shepperd that practically grew up with the kids.
Its sad to see her getting older. Used to if she was laying in the way when you walk through she'd be up and out of the way in a flash. Now she expects to be walked around or over.
I actually have learned to feel for her in the dark.
Just the other day a felt a paw with my foot in the dark and didn't put weight to the end of my toes. She never moved as I eased on through with a very light toe on her paw.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

We have an Aussie Shep too. He's "Rhode" (pronounced 'roadie'...Scottish). Very smart. He's just a young guy, maybe 4 now. Had some hip issues as a pup and we had to do a hip joint removal on him. He's not as fast as the ACD, his older brother, but he tries.

For as long as we had to nurse him with no hip, he's 100% trusting and we absolutely have to watch out for him on the floor, even in the dark. I've tripped over him a couple times, only because I felt him at the last second and stumbled to avoid his big butt. He's a good boy. And, he's our guard dog; will lay out in the snow for days on "guard duty". The ACD is everyone's friend, but Rhode is "on patrol" and no one, or no thing, comes on our property (several hundred acres) without his alarm, approval and/or defense!

Matter of fact, he's laying out in the snow bank now, and it's snowing. He's welcome inside, but he's happier out there!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I've lost count now, but I've probably raised 50 puppies, most for other people as hunting dogs. They're all a challenge, but they're all unique and they're all just these loving little animals.

I love them all!

My wife is a professional trainer. The Belgians are our babies. We have also fostered dogs for a few rescue organizations. One dog we fostered, was a deaf boxer puppy. I named her "sonic", because I'm kinda sick like that. Sonic was awesome. We had her for three months, and my wife trained this dog... with hand signals alone. It was amazing. Sonic found an awesome home, and last we heard she was doing great.

Fostering got to be a bit much, especially when we got the horses. We just don't have the time, or resources at the moment. We helped a few dogs, that had really tragic stories... they all had happy endings. We are still on the list with a few rescues, for "hard cases"... if one comes along, and we can do it... we certainly will.

Dogs are incredible. They feel, and show love... more than any other animal. We have worked with a few dogs, that were horribly abused. Simple compassion, changes them forever... when they understand that they are loved, they become incredible companions.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

The hardest part is letting go, no matter what age.

Every one has a personality, every single one.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Did ya'll adopt the Ausie Shep with issues or did the hip problems develop over time unexpectedly?

2 days laying in the snow is a long time. Goes to show you that dogs aren't always cold as one thinks. Of course being a long hair they are blessed with a nice fur coat that they can't take off on their own.

Ours will lay on the AC vents or right at the door if there is the sligtest cool breeze coming through she's looking for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

We got him as a pup and it developed pretty quickly. He was the biggest of the litter. I was kind of surprised how fast they developed. He was less than a year when we had his hip removed (probably about 7 months we noticed him start yelping when he'd get up). Within a month or so he couldn't get up at all on his own.

Was also surprised at the new vet procedures for this. They just remove the hip altogether; ball, socket everything (actually, I'm not sure about the socket). Anyway, the idea is, scar tissue will form where the hip joint used to be and actually form what amounts to a new hip (functionally speaking). He can run and jump like any other pup now, but it was a LONG recovery process (and not a fun one either)! I think Rhode's about 5 now. He does run kind of funny now, but it works perfectly for him. Pretty miraculous actually.

The vet wanted to do both at the same time, but we elected to just do the one. Gawd, I can't even begin to imagine what a double would have been like to recover from!! It was about 3-4 months of recovery as it was, first 8 weeks in a crate. His leg was like a chicken leg just dangling there at first, swinging back and forth. We had to teach him to walk on 3 legs after the first 8 weeks. Once he had that down he could at least get around, and slowly but surely he got his muscle control built up and his 'new' leg just started working better and better. Now you couldn't really tell unless someone told you. You can kind of tell when we shear him for summer, one side of his hip looks different, more muscular.

But as for the cold, this dog just loves the cold weather. He will go find a snow bank to lay in, even in the worst weather. He'd rather be outside than inside. He can come in whenever he wants, but he's content to stay outside on 'patrol'. It's kind of funny too; ACD's are usually the tougher of the two breeds, but not with these two. Rhode's coat is so thick you can't run a brush or comb through it. Regular shears just jamb up on him, we have to use an actual sheep shear to get through that really fine coat underneath. It's like an inch of felt, that's how thick it is.

new topics

top topics

join