It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus..... Missing locations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I've been watching and reading about the spread of the Wuflu.

But as of now (Feb 12) neither Africa nor South America show any cases. Ok... South America I can somewhat believe... Luck and minimal direct contact with China. But Africa has a significant Chinese presence and very poor public health. My suspicion is that the virus is there and is ready to burst forth. Are there any members here with knowledge of these situations? Please post here.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: obixman

From South Africa here - any suspected cases we had were quickly cleared. The only cases I know of that are still suspected are from Angola and Botswana.
Main reason is I think that any cases here have been the mild cases that nobody bothers with because we all know that if we report even a broken toe nail to the government, they would somehow kill us with incompetence.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Also Africa has an unfriendly climate. If covid19 is anything like sars in survivability even just 20o celcius reduces its time on surfaces dramatically

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Africa had ebola outbreak not too long ago, pretty sure they are scared as h3ll of wu-flu. They are being more caution. If we hear one case popping up in Afica, going to be devastating

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The NICD said on Tuesday 11 February that a total of 61 individuals were tested for the coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in South Africa and all of them have tested negative.

The NICD took to Twitter on Tuesday to put South Africa at ease: “There is no confirmed case of the 2019-nCoV in South Africa.”

link

61 tested but all negative. I would love to know what tests were performed.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
Africa had ebola outbreak not too long ago, pretty sure they are scared as h3ll of wu-flu. They are being more caution. If we hear one case popping up in Afica, going to be devastating

The Ebola in DRC has been ongoing for a number of years now - but never spreads far beyond Central Africa.

South Africa has been relatively lucky - we had a Listeriosis outbreak a while back, but that was quickly traced to contaminated food from a couple of meat processing plants and contained. Also Malaria and a few other tropical diseases in certain parts of the country are par for the course. No real virus epidemics thank goodness.

Water quality is generally good depending on location. I never bother buying bottled water in Johannesburg.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

What's scary is there was a case where someone tested negative at first and ended up with the virus anyway. I wonder how many have this virus and are out and about?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes, very true - this concerns me as well. A relatively small outbreak would overwhelm our very fragile medical system. This sounds strange but you would almost want to be one of the first to get the virus. That way you get treated before the numbers are so great you get turned away like in Wuhan.
No 1000 bed hospitals built in 10 days here, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've noticed this aswell. There's definitely something going on. Here in the Netherlands, they finally reported on the H5N1 outbreak in Germany and other countries to the East. They didn't mention a word of it when it first showed up in China, a bit after the 2019-nCoV outbreak. It's obvious the media keeps everything silent for a while, so the virusses get a chance to spread to other countries. We supposedly don't have a single case yet, even though every country surrounding us is affected and the media report a ''flu outbreak'' here. But no, we're clean! Lol

I check the following website daily for statistics, affected locations etc; gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

It's weird how every country is listed with the number of cases, but there is also an ''Others'' count, which stands at 175 confirmed cases. Where are these ''others''? When you click on it, it leads to a postal service in Japan. Seems weird. Why would this be listed under ''Others'' instead of Japan. Where are these ''others''?

I don't trust the official data at all. Especially now that the ''cured'' people suddenly jumped up to 5000 in a few days. The number of deaths upped a bit, but should be higher if the data they've given us is true.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

I believe the Others they refer to are the ones on the ship docked at a port in Japan.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Coronavirus expert says he knows when the virus 'will burn itself out,' according to leaked analysis

"doesn't expect areas such as Australia, Africa and the Southern hemisphere to see high rates of infection because they are in the middle of summer."

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack

Very interesting relative to the recent Ebola and the current 'pandemic', raised my eyebrows !

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I tend to agree, but Australia does have a few confirmed cases, yet Africa and South America doesn't even have one. There are a lot of Chinese in Africa who would have travelled back to Mainland China in the last month or so. Does this point more to lack of effective diagnostics?
Still waiting on the suspected cases in Zambia to be cleared to confirmed.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Agree. South America, Mexico, Africa...too quiet.
Spooky quiet.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I dont know any better, i would assume that Autralias weather , sun is natural anti-viral in this case ...and same to Africa .

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They dont have the infrastucture or test kits

Its most definently there, and it will most definetely be hardest hit

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: obixman

It's just a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If this hit's Africa it will devastate the content. The Chicoms will move in after the culling and assume control and have room to breed 2 male children

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Africa does not have the resources to officially test.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm from South Africa and we do have test kits but if there is an outbreak here theeen it will devastate this country. Government hospitals are already inundated. There is private hospitals that provide exceptional health care but also wouldn't be enough in an outbreak. I once was on the waiting list 3 days to be admitted in hospital for knee surgery.

Ps - There is a confirmed case in Egypt that was reported today

top topics

join