It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle mind control.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Nobody would recognise him.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Whenever this question comes up, I've suggested that the new picture should be historic rather than contemporary, so that it doesn't get affected by political changes.
Also perhaps a non-American.
Like, for example, Benjamin Disraeli.

Nearly all politicians who are seen as heroes are at some point in the future transformed into villains.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
The icon doesn't need to be a hero. Just a representative political figure.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Raggedyman

I like the picture. He was a lot more stable than our current president. Too much drama with this president.

Obama paid $1.7 billion to Iran, to avoid drama. That worked well.

Obama didn't. Funding is controlled by Congress. It's in the Constitution Article 1 Section 8.

What House/Senate Bill was that ? 😃

I have done some more digging and there was no House or Senate bill.

It was quite an old thing, dating from pre-1979 when there were $400 million dollars of military hardware purchased from the US, by the Shah of Iran. Although the money was transferred to the US, the Shah was deposed, and the military hardware never delivered.

Iran filed against the US to the Iran-US Claims Tribunal in The Hague in 1981 and the State Department settled and announced its repayment of the $400 million, plus $1.3 billion in accrued interest, on Jan 17, 2016.

So, it never was $1.7 billion dollars in the first place and it was not a gift, grant or aid but was repayment of outstanding debt.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Proof provided for clarity and credibility ? 😃

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Proof provided for clarity and credibility ? 😃

All the source links to the State Department website seem to be broken.

I'd guess the Dems aren't the only ones struggling with IT at the moment.

Vox Sentences: Did the US really pay Iran a $400M ransom?

Myths & Facts: $400 Million Payment To Iran - MediaMatters

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Looks like the standard opinions without real facts and genuine proof 😃

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Looks like the standard opinions without real facts and genuine proof 😃

Trump didn't even get the amount right. Nor did he have any proof, either.

There's a lot of that.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

right ? where exactly. Better to stop. The world was fun with conspiracies. With critical thinking and search for the truth.
To be honest I think the greener pastures. Are in the mind , spirit. Long ago I came to ATS to understand like the community. Learn the truth but now well... greener pastures again.

However if you mean it litteral , Greener pastures not a problem for me living in a rural area.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Mods, correct me if I am wrong. I believe that Nixon's character was in the icon previously. They had updated the icons here on ATS a few years ago. Any subtle mind trick for me would be associating Obama with Nixon for the Politics and People forum.

Obama is fine there, he definitely has a lot of hidden political conspiracies that will come to light in the future. He is definitely recognizable.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Mods, correct me if I am wrong.

Always!

I believe that Nixon's character was in the icon previously. They had updated the icons here on ATS a few years ago. Any subtle mind trick for me would be associating Obama with Nixon for the Politics and People forum.

No. Thanks to the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine we can see how ATS looked before. This is how it looked in the previous version, in this case on May 25 2011

And before that it looked like this (on April 1 2010), and I can't see who that may be.

Apparently, that forum was created after April 6 2008, as on that day the forum didn't exist (as you can see here).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join