It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to disable scary sinister mobile pop ups?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The sneaky moving Ads. They come in on the left and bottom to cover field content. I find myself having to hunt to 'close' X in order to remove the distraction. It is exhausting and dehumanizing.
edit on 11-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Unfortunately, I don’t think that anyone can answer this question without being reprimanded for a “serious tos violation”.

Their official answer is “deal with it”

My subtle answer to this question is “google is a wonderful search engine.”

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scolai
Unfortunately, I don’t think that anyone can answer this question without being reprimanded for a “serious tos violation”.
Their official answer is “deal with it”
My subtle answer to this question is “google is a wonderful search engine.”

What changed? All of a sudden I have to deal with annoying water ad placements when FOR YEARS I didn't. Thank you for your brave reply.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
First and foremost, I do not make ATS policy I'm merely a Mod

That being said while I will not give you the obvious "Deal with it" it is that kind of situation.

This place costs alot to run. Given the traffic and posts the server costs and bandwidth is not cheap. While we surf and only worry about paying our ISP, running a website is both time and $$$$ intensive. There is no such thing as a free lunch for a website with this kind of traffic.

Its also nowhere near as egregious and many are So I'd walk back the dehumanizing and look at it as its a small price to pay for such and awesome site.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

getting rid of adverts depends on the phone, don't think you can do jack with iphones but if its an android you just need to modify your hosts file, loads of info how if you google it, did mine years ago and get no adverts ever even on webpages. just a thought the phone might need to be rooted first.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gsxr34
Thanks for the good advice gsxr34!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Thank you for your response Fred. I admit, I was stressed when I posted this. It was the last straw in a brutish day of saving the planet AGAIN.

new topics

top topics

join