It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who LIkes Ice Cream???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Guava is one of my absolute favorites. I fell in love with guava when I used to live in jamaica.

I love a good new orleans inspired chicory ice cream. That as the kids say is fiYah!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I seldom have ice cream in my freezer. If I do, I find myself standing front of the freezer in my underwear during the wee hours, spoon in hand. I seriously have no self-control when it comes to ice cream.

One of my favorites is mint chocolate chip. Problem is, nobody else in my family likes it, so I pretty much never get it; however, if I do, I get to eat the whole damn carton by myself! (See, I told you I have no self-control.)

And butter pecan ...

Down here in Mexico, there's a chain of ice cream stores called La Michoacana that makes their own ice cream. It's close to home made, but the flavors are a little different from what you might be accustomed to. One of my favorites is dried fruit. It's a cream/vanilla base with chunks of dried fruit mixed in.

A perennial fave of my family is the frozen banana. They freeze a banana on a stick, dip it in chocolate shell and roll it in peanuts, coconut flakes or colored sprinkles. They are heavenly.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am not a big fan of store bought ice cream. As a child my family would make homemade banana ice cream. Hand churned- it was the fun duty of the kids to churn the cream, rock salt, sugar etc. It took hours of churning but so worth the wait. Yummy.

ETA: rock salt goes on the outside of the ice cream canister, not inside. It induces the freezing of the ice cream inside the canister.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
To satiate my lust for ice cream while still feeling good about myself, I'll freeze a few bananas and throw them in the blender.

I'll add frozen strawberries or coconut and pineapple or chocolate or peanut butter or whatever tickles my fancy in a given moment, add a squirt of low-fat milk and maybe some honey. I might add some grain (like amaranth or oats), maybe
some yogurt (frozen or just cold) to thicken it up if needed.

You can eat it up and still feel good about yourself. It's all fruit and natural stuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I love ice cream! French Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Deluxe! Even Caramel Sundae's is getting touched!

edit on 11-2-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I never knew FCD was such a huge Wu-Tang fan.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I like the ice cream brands that don't contain carrageenan. They taste better. Same with sour cream and cottage cheese. They call it a thickener but it does not take much research to find out it is a potent antimicrobial that has preservative properties to extend the shelf life. There is evidence that it can have some negative effects on people and I think that consuming it in foods on a regular basis is not good for anyone. But having it occasionally is probably ok.

We did the taste tests, the wife and I and even the two daughters and their families. Tasting side by side differences and it was unanimous, the foods with Carrageenan in them lost miserably.

I do not mind the Guar gum in ice cream it does not yuck the flavor nearly as much as carrageenan does.

This has been the rickymouse ice cream report, do the taste test for yourselves, daisy sour cream against any other one with carrageenan in it. Remember this, the gras rating on carrageenan states it has to be listed above two percent and cannot exceed five percent by weight. A half gallon of ice cream could have a half cup of that light powder in it. Companies can list it at a tiny amount if they want to, but are not required to list it below two percent.

It has antimicrobial properties but also dampens our immune response to the product it is used in, so you will not notice the side effects of ice cream if you are allergic to it, but the immune system side effects are a symptom, you are still allergic to it. That could be a problem for some people. If you are allergic to milk products, you should not be eating them and blocking our immune response allows people to eat more without digestive issues to let us know we aren't supposed to eat it.

I like Mackinaw Island Fudge Ice cream.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Home made banana! Mom would mix it up,,,,,HAted cranking the thing, but boy was it worth it!!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Food coloring for the blue. Raspberry and pineapples played a role locally with Schaffer’s Ice Crean (made their ice cream onsite in the back). Not really sure what else was in there but it was more about eating it as a kid rather than figuring it out. Because kids think an ice cream place would never go out of business.

Sad truth. They were gone in the early 80’s. And no one around here makes blue moon. Not even Grater’s or UDF in Cincinnati. If there is any Mom and Pop making it nearby, I haven’t heard of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You had me at ice cream.

I love any ice cream with burnt sugar in it (AKA caramel) but i'm impartial so i can't pick a favourite, however i must give a shout out to Eskimo pies, an ice cream sandwich? genius.

edit on 12-2-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
No politics, No Viruses and Panic...just who likes Ice Cream???

We make our own, probably more than we should.

My favorite? Vanilla. Just love vanilla ice cream!

A close second for me would be Coconut ice cream, but the coconut has to be shredded really small and the ice cream made with some coconut milk.

What kind of Ice Cream do you like???

(wife loves all manner of chocolate ice creams, including dark chocolate)

What do you like?
I love it too much. Waaay too much. Like a drug; it soothes me and takes me to a better place.

Why are the most delicious things unhealthy? Why would God do that to us? Why?!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am not allowed to eat ice cream any more.
But when I did eat it, I liked Grapenuts ice cream.
Many make it here is a local favorite for me: Hershey Ice Cream
edit on b000000292020-02-12T09:28:42-06:0009America/ChicagoWed, 12 Feb 2020 09:28:42 -0600900000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Blue Moon ice cream.

But homemade? Good old vanilla with sliced strawberry topping. Close second is sliced apple topping.

I rarely eat ice cream, but when I do it's Blue Moon. Man is that stuff good!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am not allowed to eat ice cream any more.
But when I did eat it, I liked Grapenuts ice cream.
Many make it here is a local favorite for me: Hershey Ice Cream

You do not seem like a person who would not eat something occasionally because they say you are not allowed to eat it.

I am allergic to dairy but I eat it occasionally, it better be worth it if I eat it though, so we only get the best so it is worth the headache and bad side effects. One time I wound up in the ER from drinking a quart of milk because it was the only thing I had to drink. I get a fever from drinking milk every time, usually a glass of milk only raises my temp about a degree and a half.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I don't have a choice.
I cut out all sugar, alcohol and a load of foods that cause gout.
Due to my kidney function and high blood pressure, I can't take the NSAIDs that work for gout attacks.

I got two deer this year and ate just a bit of it when I cooked it for the kids a couple of times since early December. I am paying dearly for it with my first gout attack in 8 months since I changed my diet.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh, I thought of another ice cream flavor that I liked a lot from the past...
Butter Brickle- It has bits of toffee in it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When I was boy I used to love an ice cream flavor called double chocolate malted crunch from thrifty a drug store. I think it was like a quarter for one scoop back in the 80’s.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't have a choice.
I cut out all sugar, alcohol and a load of foods that cause gout.
Due to my kidney function and high blood pressure, I can't take the NSAIDs that work for gout attacks.

I got two deer this year and ate just a bit of it when I cooked it for the kids a couple of times since early December. I am paying dearly for it with my first gout attack in 8 months since I changed my diet.

Niacin combined with methyl makes ammonia in the blood, benzoic acid causes the ammonia to turn to uric acid in the body.

So, nicotinic acid or niacin in foods react with the caffeine in coffee or any methyl or ethyl donor to form Ammonia and benzoic acids or benzoates quickly turn that to uric acid which causes gout. So tomatoes and orange juice are high in benzoic acid. so is cinnamon and some other things we consume. So, maybe in your case, don't add the BBQ sauce on the pork chops or skip the salad before supper.

Our body has a natural way of acheiving homeostasis in gout, but these chemicals can imbalance it and give people who do not even have the genetics for it gout occasionally. Lots of berries also contain benzoates, floating blueberries are higher when you clean them after picking them. and lots of the blueberries in the stores float.

Just giving you something to think about. Milk contains methyl groups and also niacin, two parts of the puzzle. Mints are methyl too. Tomatoes have nitrogen compounds plus benzoic acid. They do not float though, because the benzene is not the same as in blueberries but both can increase the negative effects of gout.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Thank you for the information. I have not cut out tomatoes and do use some ketchup, so I will cut that out. I had already removed oranges from my diet.
Incidentally, I had scorched the bottom of the kettle when I was making venison stew, so I used the trick of adding cinnamon to cover the off taste. It worked, but probably compounded my problem with gout.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Thank you for the information. I have not cut out tomatoes and do use some ketchup, so I will cut that out. I had already removed oranges from my diet.
Incidentally, I had scorched the bottom of the kettle when I was making venison stew, so I used the trick of adding cinnamon to cover the off taste. It worked, but probably compounded my problem with gout.

Do a little research on what I am talking about. learn how it applies to your life. You may be able to increase purine foods in your diet if you limit food chemistry that adds to the increase in uric acid by converting ammonia chemistry.

Remember, uric acid in our blood is important, too little can be bad too. Keeping it in the right level range is what you want to do. Lots of crap articles out there about the reason to avoid certain foods too, study legitimate research.
edit on 12-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join