It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona...Beer???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Modelo is pretty decent, but I usually go for the negra.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Last time I saw some guy drinking Modelo, he stole a truck and asked me to pick pricker's out of his backside! Seriously!

Mexican stole a truck, got caught in a fence and wanted help. Cops busted him...as i was starting to help him jump his "new Dodge truck"...(STUPID me!!)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No thanks.

I'll stick with my rolling rock.

No headaches or gut rot.

20$ for a 30 pack of cans is hard to beat.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Worst beer on the planet. Even with a lime. It’s the one time I’ll take water over a beer.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Negra Modelo with a little lime/chili salt on the rim.
Nothing better for washing down good Mexican food on a nice day.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ok, that's funny, lol.

If you wanna get F******cked up, drink some Modelo!

Maybe that should be a slogan? haha

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Corona (Coronita, to be exact), is my "thin" (low alcohol, crisp refreshing taste) beer of choice for hot summer days.

My typical beer is ale, though with two kids and a demanding job, I'm lucky to get down a case of beer as an annual total.

Something about Corona just feels right in summertime. And the mini ones are ice cold all the way down, even on a 100°, 98% humidity Chicago day.

If we abandon all thigs Corona, we have to abandon the sun as well!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Even Mexicans won't drink Corona. I been drinkin Carta Blanca since my Univ. days when we spent our weekends in Juarez or Palomas.
There were other things we used to wash down with CB for that extra jolt, all legal in the farmacia. Mexican border towns used to be full of gringo students on weekends and spring break on the beach in Topolobompo or Catch 22...it's all changed now.

For a Mexican popskull drink try some Paranubes or that awful Mexican whisky Sierra Norte.
edit on 11-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Trueman
What about a Samuel Jackson beer?

Jacksons are not bad.They used to come in a 5-pack and had an special one good for children.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You guys talking about getting hammered drinking your little 5.5% beers. Y’all so cute!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am resident in Mexico so I have it all at hand. Will not touch Corona. Can't stand Tecate, either. Sad thing is, at most social functions here Tecate Light is the only thing served. Makes we want to weep. Mexico has some of the best domestic market beer in the world, IMO, and they're drinking Tecate Light.

My preferences here are Indio (maybe a more regional one), Bohemia (especially the dark) and Dos XX Amber. Modelo Negra gets an honorable mention, too.

For Pilsners, I'll go with Pacifico Clara, Sol, or Modelo. Not real picky there.

There's a cheap one down here called Barrilitos (Little Barrells). It's cheap, but it's a decent beer for slamming back with a taco or a hot dog.

There's actually a micro-brewery just down the road from my house, and I go down there and mooch a beer off the brewmeister sometimes.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Corona is a good jogging beer. Are you really going for a run if you don’t wake up naked in a creek 6 hours later?
edit on 11-2-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
You guys talking about getting hammered drinking your little 5.5% beers. Y’all so cute!!!

Steel Reserve, baby.

For the headache you wish you never have again.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And I agree with those who've said that if you have to put a lime in it, it ain't worth drinking.

My only exception to that rule is Schiltz, and that's because I remember seeing my father drink it when I was a kid. He's put salt on the top of the can then douse the salt in lemon juice. I do that with Schiltz. When I can get Schiltz.

In honor of the old man.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Nope. I don't drink to get hammered. Just a couple and I'm good.

I've actually only been properly drunk once in my life and it was accidental. I was drinking wine with some friends and drank my normal amount (about a bottle) that'd go down just fine with a meal. Problem was we were not eating and I just forgot that I had eaten hardly anything all day. The alcohol went straight into my blood. Got hammered. It was not a pleasant experience.

I cannot understand why people do that to themselves on purpose. And I really can't understand why you'd look forward to it.

Hey, dudes! I'm gonna go out and slam my head in a walk-in freezer door tonight. Can't wait!

:
edit on 2020 2 11 by incoserv because: they let me.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Natural light baby! Tastes like water, shame and poverty.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

And then there's...

Raaaaaaaaay-Neeeeeer-BEEEEeeeeerr!!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I dunno. I really only drink Guinness, or skunk beers (Heineken/Stella/Peroni), but even the latter three taste good with a lime. Not so much as *needing* a lime, but a complementary flavor, a garnish, if you will.

I don't know why Heineken gives me headache. Stella is nicer than Peroni. Guinness is the right thing to drink.

Try if you can "Bière Du Démon". That magic elixir is like 12%. Used to drink it in Italy, man...., it'll hit your brain just after 2 bottles.

Felt same way after 4 Mike's Harder, as a reference

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Now, Beck's is some serious "skunk beer". I actually love the stuff, but it's skunky as hell!!

Just don't ever let it get warm!! GACK!!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Six pack of Mickey's Big Mouth's (through a straw) and a "forty" of Olde English 800!

WOO HOO!!!

You'll slit your wrists tomorrow, but it'll be fun tonight!!
edit on 2/11/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join