It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Roger Stone Prosecutors Resign From Case After DOJ Backs Away On Sentencing Recommendation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

vindman and his entire family were getting so many death threats

Yea not surprising seeing how violent the leftists are when something doesn't go their way. He should've lied under oath like they wanted to get Trump and they wouldn't be threatening him.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The DOJ is saying the 7-9 year sentence is not only grossly excessive, but far exceeds what the prosecutors said they were going to recommend.

I'll need some proof before I buy that. There is a paper trail, you know.
www.usatoday.com...

7-9 doesn't seem excessive to me. I mean he was convicted on 7 counts. A year or so for each felony sounds about right as far as sentencing recommendation are concerned. The judge has the final say, at any rate.

7 - 9 years is more appropriate for something like armed robbery.

For comparison, James Wolfe was sentenced to 2 months on similar charges.

So yes, grossly excessive. It seems an almost unavoidable conclusion that they jacked up the recommendation at the last moment as revenge for Trump getting acquitted by the senate.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
For comparison, James Wolfe was sentenced to 2 months on similar charges.

They weren't similar, Wolfe had ONE count of lying to the FBI and nothing about lying to Congress.

Stone is a scumbag and should go to prison, people who want the swamp drained should be applauding his conviction and asking for the harshest sentence to deter others from committing the same actions, anything less is supporting status quo corruption.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yah, no one believes that. Well, except for you.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

James Wolfe also leaked the entire unredacted Carter page fisa warrant application to a girl he was dating at BuzzFeed.

That is a very serious crime that he was not. Charged with. Protected by the corrupt Senate Intel committee, Because he threatened to squeal on a couple of the Top members there.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what Stone actually did? I know he was hunting Hillary's emails through Wikileaks, but what else was he doing?

His conviction goes down the typical path of where they have nothing and so they get people on crimes only committed during the investigation and in his case they said he had 5 counts of making false statements, one obstruction and one witness tampering, but I think most of us know these tend to be what they go after when they actually have nothing to begin with. Clinton had 12 or 13 of these for not saying he screwed Monica, as example.

As example "witness tampering" It is suggested Stone said to one witness “you are a rat. A stoolie. You backstab your friends.” then threaten the guy's dog in anger... Where in the end the witness said..

“I never in any way felt that Stone himself posed a direct physical threat to me or to my dog.” But it still got him convicted and I wonder if the other counts go about the same way.

edit on 13-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It seems Stone got too close to Hillary's bad deeds.

That is it in a nutshell. So then he was targeted by
the Coup plotters like all those surrounding Trump.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, what do you know! Lindsey Graham has finally pulled the trigger.

m.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Fools
CNN coverage is missing so this is all a lie.

(sarcasm)

CNN didn't get tipped-off this time so their cameras and special report efforts failed 😃

No more tips for CNN. Their co-conspirators in the D.C. Swamp are being removed...a few at a time..under the radar.

70 Butt-hurt Obama holdovers were removed from the National Security Council (where the Vindman twins and Ciaramella worked), this past Friday!

Seriously? Did I miss the thread? Tell me more, tell me more. Linky?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Judge Jackson will not allow Roger Stone a mistrial, based on new information about his jury foreman.

A federal judge on Tuesday refused to delay Roger Stone's sentencing amid the fallout over the Trump administration's decision to intervene in the case against the president's longtime ally.

The sentencing will move forward on Thursday at its originally scheduled time, the judge said, despite a new effort from Stone's defense team to get a new trial.

"I think that delaying this sentence would not be a prudent thing to do under all of the circumstances," U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson, an Obama appointee, said during a telephone conference with the two sides.

thehill.com...

edit on 18-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

AN "Obama appointee" that is passing the buck to Appeals Court 😆 🤣 🎯

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Only the democrats should go to jail remember.

Republicans apply the law as they see fit.
Barr obviously supports a monarchy and friends of the president or those loyal to the crown get leniency.
And as loyalists they are alright with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And yet he must have filed the complaint of else how did the judge hear about it?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The DOJ is saying the 7-9 year sentence is not only grossly excessive, but far exceeds what the prosecutors said they were going to recommend.

I'll need some proof before I buy that. There is a paper trail, you know.
www.usatoday.com...

7-9 doesn't seem excessive to me. I mean he was convicted on 7 counts. A year or so for each felony sounds about right as far as sentencing recommendation are concerned. The judge has the final say, at any rate.

Not a fan of Stone or Trump, do not think it wise to interfere in the DOJ, having said that 7-9 for non violent crimes is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think everyone should go to jail, then I can wander around, sleep in everyone's bed and go through their fridges.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think everyone should go to jail, then I can wander around, sleep in everyone's bed and go through their fridges.

You need to get out of there! Trump just commuted Rod Blagojevich's 14 year sentence!
edit on 18-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Swamp = being drained. /sarc (as if that was necessary)

edit on 18-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Trump just pardoned Rod Blagojevich. I'd forgotten about him. He was the governor of Illinois who tried to sell Obama's senate seat after he won the presidency.

He was sentenced to 14 years in prison, and has served 8 years of that sentence.

Given that most armed robbers or attempted murderers won't spend 14 years in prison, that was definitely an excessive sentence.
edit on 18-2-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Criminal Justice Reform involves shortening the sentences of all non-violent offenders.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And yet he must have filed the complaint of else how did the judge hear about it?

IDN, does a complaint start this process? Maybe they took messages from his phone, once again what starts this process?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join