It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia votes to bans "assault" rifles.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do our lawmakers keep trying to take our rights away? Does anyone actually want less rights?

Just the law makers.

Don't you feel safe now?

I feel safer already!

And now that our fine lawmakers have passed it in one state, there will be a rush by many others trying to quickly ramrod this crap through in other states.

Here in Wisconsin, we now have Tony Evers who is the quintessential progressive.

He's already pushing redflag laws, along with the same nonsense they've pulled in Virginia.

Tired of whole states being railroaded by the goddamn city rats.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I feel as if we're edging closer to that slippery slope they say doesn't exist...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trump is going to address where the real gun problem is after the election. Everybody knows where that big elephant in the room is located.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Please do explain.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Please do explain.

2nd.

As has been speculated, trump will sign something into law attacking the second, it's no secret he's not a big fan of guns.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Dude! We went over that edge way back in 1986. Some of us are roped off, on-belay, and still hanging on, but other than that it's a free fall now.

edit on 2/11/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Okay, that's what I thought you meant.

Just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do our lawmakers keep trying to take our rights away? Does anyone actually want less rights?

It appears to be an part of Progressiveness.
Makes it easy, the less rights you have, the less you need to think about such things as freedoms and rights.

I wonder where this Progressive Logic Train ends up as a final destination? ....If we only had historical examples to use.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Makes no difference if you can't transport it.

You can.

Not saying I agree with this bill but the transportation part is not an issue.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Please do explain.

2nd.

As has been speculated, trump will sign something into law attacking the second, it's no secret he's not a big fan of guns.

Do tell.
I'm sure you have verified sources.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Look people it's a simple law to by-pass. Get a gun that doesn't use modern military rounds, uses no magazines, has a complete inability to attach items like bump stocks to it, and most importantly has no known trigger mechanism that can be modified by using over the counter rigs.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got pocked in the eye with a stick when I was a kid. It hurt and everything, but I pulled through. I'm here to tell you that assault sticks are a real thing and should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Dude! We went over that edge way back in 1986. Some of us are roped off, on-belay, and still hanging on, but other than that it's a free fall now.

Oh I know, I'm just pointing out (in my own way) that the "slippery slope fallacy" is really just a cop out to avoid critical thought in a debate.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I read it. It has a very defined set of circumstances so you can own, posses, and transport them.

However I think this is going to fall under officers discretion.
There are a lot of good cops that know this is b.s., however there are those other ones that will definitely use this to their advantage.

And the court system, as well as the local politicians will definitely abuse the hell out of this.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Fun fact: Mexican cartels get a majority of their weapons from California. Assault style weapons that are banned in California.
Mexican civilians can't even get their hands on pistols legally to protect themselves from the cartels, which is why you have the cartels currently making more money than the Mexican government. On top of drug prohibition.
Gun control works! Drug prohibition works even better!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Does a slippery slope continue to exist in a landslide?

If this law is allowed to be enforced in Virginia, it's almost a guarantee that New York, California, Washington State, and a few others states will follow suit. Then there is the other fall out from this.

If a person is "Red Flagged" and gets to have their firearms back, does the state give them back any firearms that are now illegal?
Will the state use that as an excuse to remove these firearms from the public?
This law plus the added "Red Flag" laws seems to be a removal of 4-5 rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights as outlined in the Constitution. Shouldn't the SCotUS make a ruling on this, or if passed will anyone even challenge it?

A lot of lingering questions getting passed over without answers.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
I read it. It has a very defined set of circumstances so you can own, posses, and transport them.

We have the same requirements in New Jersey and I don't recall hearing of any issues with people going to the range.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I wouldn't know, I live in the sticks in WI.

If your not in posession of a weapon here, you are suspect.

Or at least we know who you voted for.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's the first step because that permit is the back door registry.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sticks, especially sticks with pointy ends, are assault sticks and should also be banned.

Trees are the leading cause of assault sticks therefor I propose cutting down all the trees.

Just to be safe.

I know you're just trying to be funny..... But have you ever had a poo-stick waived in your face ?!? Then you don't even know how dangerous these are !

m.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join