It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus and Hong Kong protests.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The timing is pretty impeccable. I'm not saying it's intentional but lets not kid ourselves to think that most major governments are above doing such things. It's probable that this thing has snuck it's way out of a lab because of espionage. That's what I lean toward believing. Never let a good crisis go to waste though. The timing of this is the best thing that could have happened to the chinese govt. International news pretty much shut up about hong kong immediately. Can't imaging the protests have grown, they've likely shrank. Again, not saying this is intentional, but lets not forget the Hong Kong protests and those injured on both sides. It's a really big deal.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I don't know the legitimacy of this source so...

www.scmp.com...

A new strain of resistance? How the coronavirus crisis is changing Hong Kong’s protest movement

The arrival of the coronavirus crisis provided the anti-government camp with an opportunity to revitalise its resistance, offering a glimpse of the shape of protests to come.

edit on 11-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Makes sense, a reasonable reason to question authority. Thing is, that addition means nothing now that most protesters will be staying in side for the foreseeable future. Word of mouth can be very useful in a place with as much censorship as china, some times even more effective then the censored net.

new topics

join