It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depleted uranium US distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I posted this on another site that I will link .

Despite what we’ve been told by the  bogeyman .  Depleted uranium isn’t solely behind the rise of in prenatal deaths, deformities  and autism .  

The huge amount of toxic waste  and our methods for disposal ( or lack of ) are at fault .

I did a thread with reams of data including tooth enamel studies  on children with prenatal birth defects and autism in Falluja and Al Basrah.  But personal feelings got in the way and it was shut down. I thought it was a topic worth revisiting .

In war zones, the explosion of bombs, bullets, and other ammunition releases multiple neurotoxicants into the environment. The Middle East is currently the site of heavy environmental disruption by massive bombardments. A very large number of US military bases, which release highly toxic environmental contaminants, have also been erected since 2003. Current knowledge supports the hypothesis that war-created pollution is a major cause of rising birth defects and cancers in Iraq. We created elemental bio-imaging of trace elements in deciduous teeth of children with birth defects from Iraq. Healthy and naturally shed teeth from Lebanon and Iran were also analyzed for trace elements. Lead (Pb) was highest in teeth from children with birth defects who donated their teeth from Basra, Iraq (mean 0.73–16.74 208Pb/43Ca ppm, n = 3). Pb in healthy Lebanese and Iranian teeth were 0.038–0.382 208Pb/43Ca ppm (n = 4) and 0.041–0.31 208Pb/43Ca ppm (n = 2), respectively. Our hypothesis that increased war activity coincides with increased metal levels in deciduous teeth is confirmed by this research. Lead levels were similar in Lebanese and Iranian deciduous teeth. Deciduous teeth from Iraqi children with birth defects had remarkably higher levels of Pb. Two Iraqi teeth had four times more Pb, and one tooth had as much as 50 times more Pb than samples from Lebanon and Iran.

The highest heavy-metal counts  from the tooth enamel studies was lead and Chromium .

But here’s the kicker .

Uranium and thorium were not detected in any of the samples. Detection limits for U and Th are estimated to be in the ppb range for LA-ICP-MS analysis. Concentrations of U and Th in human teeth have been reported as

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I posted this on another site that I will link .

You WHORE!

Interesting. I mean, aside from all of the poison we willingly pour out on every place of the earth that we can find... It's a wonder we're not all dead or immune by now. Seriously... With Monsanto alone, there is enough poison on the ground and in our food to keep us poisoned for the next 1,000 years or more. Add all of the nuke tests since the 40s along with the fallout in Russia and Japan from nuke reactors - I'd say it wont be long before the planet is unlivable by anything but roaches, Nematodes and Tardigrades. The next evolution of sentient species. Kind of like Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes haha.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Lol

Complete lack of uranium in the victims says everything to me . Not to mention that I haven’t been able to find hard data on anyone suffering from DU worldwide unless there were embed in fragments .

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is another study using hair toenail and tooth enamel . With the same results.

2nd study

My words......

The point I was trying to make before my other thread turned into a # show . Is that people like us who should be watching for conspiracies. Are in fact being suckered by the US government. They just show a shiny nickel and use a sexy name. Then turd factories like Global Research Start throwing bull# out as Clickbait and the whole world falls in line. start throwing bull# out as Clickbait and the whole world falls in line

Depleted uranium isn’t good for anyone. But the thousands of tons of dioxins , carcinogens, lead, Mercury, chromium yada yada yada. Are the biggest health threat to people of Iraq .

But it would also be a hell of a lot more expensive to clean up.

So we are all content to glare at the evil US and it’s war machine .

Uncle Sam doesn’t care because he’s looking at everyone and laughing up his sleeve .

edit on 11-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Lol

Complete lack of uranium in the victims says everything to me . Not to mention that I haven’t been able to find hard data on anyone suffering from DU worldwide unless there were embed in fragments .

I will say this....

Many of us that ended up in the Gulf War knew that the DU was just a cover. Now, don't get me wrong, I can see how uranium tipped rounds could be hazardous and It makes perfect sense. But... And this is a huge but...

I was Artillery. I wasn't banging out DU rounds out of tanks or other weapons. Yet... Symptoms. To this day I still have shaky hands that I can't explain. Back then, there was the whole digestive system issues but we were told - just getting an unfamiliar bug. Deal with it.

I know others that weren't in armor divisions that also ended up with symptoms. Many of us really believe it wasn't the DU rounds but injections that we were given prior to going there. Then, you were NOT allowed to ask or speak about those injections, especially since many of them were gotten in boot.

I say American Military Medicine gone wrong. Anyone that's been in the military knows all about 'Army Candy' and the over available, overdosing, over medicating tactic that takes place in the millitary.

"Sir, I have a headache".

- No problem. Take 2 1200 mg motrin 4 times a day! You'll be good as gold.

"Sir, I pulled a muscle".

- No problem. Take 4 of these super strength methocarbamol pills FOUR times a day and everything will be fine.

edit on 11-2-2020 by StallionDuck because: Apparently I can't spell gold

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I remember reading something about the inoculations soldiers received before the Gulf war might have caused problems.

Opinion?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And here I thought it was because of generations of inbreeding.

I kid. Inbreeding plays a significant role but uranium shells and all kinds of other pollutants sure don't help.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I remember reading something about the inoculations soldiers received before the Gulf war might have caused problems.

Opinion?

Most of the people 'I' knew through the years that were in the Gulf War leaned more towards that, myself included. When you're told not to question what you're given or you will face a court martial (We were literally told this), it really makes you question.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I’m sure there’s other illnesses from being treated like lab animals by the military while you were in country .

While lacking any qualifications I really think lead is a big part of everyone’s problems. The house can have at least a century’s accumulation of lead based paint. They still use lead paint to this day . Now dropped a bomb on one along with the contaminants from the bomb the paint is vaporized and turned into an aerosol.

Have you ever had bloodwork or nail clippings tested for lead, Mercury and chromium outside of the VA ?

I sure would like to hear from somebody that has .

Lead

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hmmm No, I haven't but I never actually thought of that. Though that was in the early 90s. Do you think it would still be there after so long?

I don't think I've ever been to the VA outside of the military. I've always just gone to a regular doctor but I've never brought it up as a concern to my doctor.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Just checked it said it can stay in the bones for up to 30 years.

So the question is .

How long are your toenails ? 😆
edit on 11-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

lol

Not very

Though... Oddly, some of the symptoms are spot on but I'm sure there could be other substances that would have the same effect.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

As far as I can figure.

There’s only two ways to get lead poisoning in combat .

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Id say that lead wasn't the culprit unless there was something we ingested. Still anything is possible.

All I know is, I joined in good health and not long after and even still, there is 'something' different physically. Symptoms seemed to be the same for pretty much all. Shaky hands and digestive for some.

All in all, I really don't think DU had anything to do with it. It'll be hard to convince me that top brass didn't already think about all of the possibilities DU would be a dumb idea. I mean, sure... I can imagine a world where the brass didn't really give 2 $#!%s about us but not this one.

The reason I say this is, someone wanted a war. We had that war and they wanted to do it with as little casualties as possible. American Soldier deaths does not win elections. A few here and there, sure. We need heroes? But for soldiers to come back with lifelong 'issues' that we didn't have when we joined. Uncle Sam makes sure you're tip top out of boot and the rest of your career. If I remember, which is kinda fuzzy... I think someone came forward with it and some people got upset and tried to shut it down. Guess they didn't realize there were so many.

Who knows.

For me it's not really an issue. It doesn't stop me from functioning well enough, especially with anti-anxiety meds lol. I had a police partner that was way worse off than me. He was pretty messed up in the gut. Bad shakes - looked like he was plugged into a socket all the time.

Hmmm It's curious but never knew what it might have been. Doubt it was the DU though. It was too wide spread and no matter what anyone says, it wasn't armor divisions only.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I’m not a veteran. But if I was I would not trust the VA with this issue . Now you have opportunities thanks to trump .

Rules established under the law and published Wednesday in the Federal Register say the VA will pay for veterans to see non-VA doctors if they have to wait longer than 20 days or drive more than 30 minutes for primary or mental healthcare at a VA facility.

For specialty care, they can see private doctors at VA expense if they have to wait longer than 28 days or drive more than an hour to see a VA provider.

Previously, veterans who had to drive more than 40 miles or wait longer than 30 days could choose to see a private doctor paid for by the VA.

Now you can get a second opinion something that was denied before .

As in my mini signature . “ don’t hesitate act “

Outside diagnosis

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The whole Depleted uranium scare was a russian disinformation project.

This can be seen in the fact that russia has not removed ANY Depleted uranium from any of there weapons.

And there was never at any time ANY protest or calls for russia to remove Depleted uranium from any of there weapons.

Russia hated that the US could turn russia tanks into swiss cheese while there weapons did little to the M1 abrams tank because we used Depleted uranium in the armor of our M1 tanks.

top topics

join