It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all going to die! Over-reaction, or politically influenced myopia? A few points about Wu Flu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Good morning, all!

I don't post many threads, as I tend to come to the site to read and monitor UFOs, but I believe I might have some insight into a few things regarding the newest "Wu Flu" (as the kids are calling it), and whether or not we are receiving accurate information from both ours, and the ChiCom government. I am a Disaster and Emergency Management grad student, and have been in the military for the last 17 years- I am not a Dr., I do not work in Epidemiology, nor do I have any secret insight into the United States response. The following is merely a set of observations from an experienced and wary set of eyes.

Points to make:

1) Is China masking the true nature and danger of the virus?
subpoint-Why is this virus particularly deadly, or at least perceived to be such?
subpoint- what makes this disease more dangerous to the general public?
2) What are the true risks to the average American, Brit, or Canadian?
3) Is there an accurate way to track the resiliency and contagious nature of this virus?
and finally-
4) Why should I care?

1) Is China masking the true nature and danger of the virus?

Well, let's be clear; there is no benefit to a totalitarian dictatorship being honest and open about any internal threats to its society and citizens. We can say for sure that the Wuhan province is the center of it's biomedical research, and that there are characteristics of this viral outbreak that do not align with a naturally spread virus. and if this is true, China would react in a way that would limit the fallout, prevent a connection to their military's research of bioweapons, while simultaneously understanding the real risks involved here. So is it an engineered virus?

The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, according to an Israeli biological warfare expert.

Washington Times

or...
we can say that this is merely a lie!

That hasn’t stopped an outbreak of nonsense and conspiracy theories. On Sunday, the Washington Times — a paper with a distinct ideological bent — published an article claiming that the virus’ outbreak could be linked to a military lab in Wuhan.

ForeignPolicy.com

So who do we believe? I would say that the belief should be in the reaction to the virus, and containment measures, notwithstanding the fact that ForeignPolicy.com is actually a credible and respected journal. What has China done in response to the virus? The links are too many to post, but we are all aware that they have quarantined over 50M people in the last few weeks. This was, of course, long after the horse got out of the barn. If this virus has an extended incubation period with high RO rates, while also being robust and having a long contagion rate outside the body, then we are seeing an unnatural virus. To put this in perspective, I am sure you have all seen the numbers for the U.S. when it comes to the flu-

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died.
Time.com - but what does this mean?

Over a period of 21 weeks, roughly 1/8th of the population was infected, 1.5% of those infected were hospitalized, and 9.5% of those hospitalized died from the virus, or its complications. HOWEVER, this is an actual death rate of 0.0014%, with 99.9996% of people recovering. Spread by populace numbers, and divided by the beds we have in hospitals, which is 2.4/1000 residents, with a high in urban areas or 5.1/1000 vs rural 1.6/1000 Statista.org (as well as the average time for hospitalization- 4 days), this means that the U.S. has 770,000 hospital beds available and we had 20% vacancy, IF all peoples were hospitalized at the same time. (this will come up again) without that occurrence, and if there were averages of 4 day hospitalizations, technically we could have rotated out this many patients over 36 times!

What makes this virus scary, or at least scarier, is the death rate, vs hospitalizations, vs cured. What do we know? Well, if the Chinese are being honest, in less than 6 weeks (or 30% of our flu season) they have had 15% of our annual rate hospitalized (42,667), wherein ALL known cases require hospitalization, in an area with 3-16% of our population (concentrations are difficult to get here). If Wuhan proper matched the U.S. in beds, then the 2.4/1000 number (and if you read the articles, they argue that the area is lacking in public health treatment) can be used, meaning there are 26,400 beds. That's 20K people without care. Here is the tracker that you can use-

This Johns Hopkins tracker

The crazy number is the healed vs. dead- 4,000 to 1,000? That's a 20% death rate, folks, and we know for a fact that many people are at home awaiting treatment. But what else are we missing in these numbers? Again, assuming that these numbers are accurate, it's really about the ability of this virus to spread rapidly, require mass hospitalizations, and overwhelm the medical system. How many people are regularly treated for renal failure? For emergency appendectomies? For heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc.? NONE of these people are getting treatment, or at least a ridiculously slim amount. So it isn't just about the Wu Flu, it's about the overwhelmed system, isn't it?

2) What are the true risks to the average American, Brit, or Canadian?
Can this happen in the U.S.? I don't know- But I can say that if the incubation rate is as long as they say it is, we can have hundreds of people infected in the U.S. right now (as well as Canada and the UK), all of them spreading the disease ( a high RO is not required with Super Spreaders) as we sit here now. It is just as feasible that the Health care systems can be overwhelmed, but also possible that the outsized impact will be on those who are NOT sick with the flu, but are victims of standard illnesses. It is also possible that due to the ability of peoples to cheat or bribe their way out of areas that are quarantined, the horse was let out a month ago. What we do know is that rural and urban poor are more likely to continue to work, seek OTC medicines, and avoid the Dr. in first world nations- meaning that once this flu starts spreading, look for exponential growth.

3) Is there an accurate way to track the resiliency and contagious nature of this virus?
Beyond the link I gave you, there is one test case that best answers the questions of how a semi-contained outbreak will be handled in a first world country- the Sick Boat. (Wu, an Exciting new Flu, Stay aboard, in a room with noooo view...! The Siiiiiiiiick Boaaaaaat! Soon you'll be hacking out both your lungs... The Siiiiiiiiick Boaaaaaat... hope you gave all of your loved ones hugs!)
NK Japan News
and finally-
edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Edited to create a more catchy headline

edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Still fixing the title, boys

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
4) Why should I care?

Beyond being human, we should care because this virus shows exactly why engineered viruses are the greatest danger to our collective societies. We would be crazy to think that there isn't a MAD equivalent in this release if it is as bad as people think that it might be in China. (that's mutually assured destruction) And even if it isn't this virus, a slow burn is incredibly dangerous as viruses go, as the amount of people that can or will be infected due to the lack of symptoms can be the key (curse?) to such a worldwide epidemic.

Also, one side note as to the claims regarding the immolation of the dead, and whether it is possible. Again, using NYC as an example, there are over 1,800 funeral homes in the boroughs. That means over 6 people can be burned daily, to full cremation, assuming that they each are limited to one oven. That's 14,800 bodies per day, if necessary. Just saying....

Edit to add this link to The Guardian article regarding RO Rates

Thanks, to everyone who makes it through the OP! Replenish your emergency supplies, or hope you are one of the first people infected so that you get proper care!

edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: added cremation rates

edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Edit to add new updated article

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Think about it. Dr. Paul Craig Roberts also wrote on it again on his web site

The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) facility with Duke University in Wuhan

Link

The Pentagon in Wuhan? Beyond the U.S. military’s recent expenditures on, and interest in, the use of bats as bioweapons, it is also worth examining the recent studies the military has funded regarding bats and “novel coronaviruses,” such as that behind the recent outbreak, that have taken place within or in close proximity to China.

'NO ONE ASKED QUESTIONS'

Even more troubling to some scientists was the Army's policy of recruiting foreign researchers to work in some of USAMRIID's most secure labs. A steady stream of researchers from China, the former Soviet bloc and other nations passed through the lab in the 1980s and 1990s to work alongside U.S. scientists, according to Army documents and interviews. "It blew me away," said one microbiologist who worked at the lab in the 1980s and early 1990s. "I could have lifted vials of anything and they never would have been missed. There was nothing to stop me." USAMRIID strongly defends its security policies and says there is no evidence that any hazardous microbes in its care were stolen or misused. Security has been sharply tightened since the mid-1990s -- and still further in the past four months, Army officials say.

edit on 11-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well, If you are asking me my opinion, then I would say that not only is this an engineered virus, it was released to cull the herd worldwide and to allow China the opportunity to level the playing field. That country (due to the one cild policy of old) has a 300M+ population of men that will soon be a massive drain on their economy.

[shrugs]

Just saying...
edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: fixed italics

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
When a country makes a biological weapon, which is what we are assuming here, it would surely have developed an antidote....no? And started using it.....

Unfortunatelty, communist countries hide the bad stuff, until they cant. Think Chernobyl.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Something to think about logically and consider when you see the numbers.

China has admitted they only have a limited number of test kits and only do a limited number of tests per day. It controls the numbers they release to the rest of the world.

What it also does is limit who gets tested. Likely they are patients sick enough to need the hospital, meaning they are quite sick already. So that will skew your numbers of death to be a worse ratio than it might otherwise be if you could actually test everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Have you ever read Stephen King's "The Stand"?

The truth is, you need antibodies in order to develop cures and vaccines. Therefore, if it was a newly engineered virus, if it has mutated (the REAL scary part), or if there weren't enough studies done in lab, then there probably isn't[/I] a cure. And there is always the fact that this might be the result of an escaped animal.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Likely they are patients sick enough to need the hospital, meaning they are quite sick already. So that will skew your numbers of death to be a worse ratio than it might otherwise be if you could actually test everyone.

In principle I would agree with you, if this were a society of free peoples. As this is an overwhelmed autocracy, we cannot take anything that the government says as the whole truth. Without sufficient beds, and with the nature of the virus (pneumonia like symptoms) then we are better off speculating as to how may people are NOT being treated, and are actually dead in their homes.

That said, even if we use their numbers, the rate until the conclusion of the outbreak that tracks the death rate is cured v dead.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You do not need antibodies to develop a vaccine. Actually, what you need is an identifiable part of the virus's outer coating. The body reacts to it and creates antibodies that attack to those receptors that would otherwise bind to your target cells that the virus infects in order to replicate and spread.

You can do this with all or part of the virus. Most vaccines are killed or modified live, meaning either the organism is attenuated (greatly weakened) or simply enough of itself to provide the body with a target that will spark the creation of antibodies without actually being a whole version of the virus that can create infection and disease.

This disease has not been in the wild long enough to have developed more than two or three major (behavior changing) mutations at most across its various descendant chains, and there is no guarantee that it has done so, only that it could. There is a chance that it might every three weeks or so, give or take, and it's been in circulation about 14/15 weeks now.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I hear, except you say truth, then throw out ten "if's".
I think a better gauge will be how it is dealt with in the UK or US. They lie less.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
1. What happen in China can be very different situation than in other countrys...pollution and ethnic background

2. At this point Feb 11 true risks to American / European dont look worse than seasonal flu/influenza IMO.

3. Viruses come and go and they are hard to prevent...not all people automatically even get sick after have the virus, or just get mild symptoms or just common flu .

4. It`s good to care, but over reaction is not good.

There is no non-Chinese persons died to WuFlu yet. Oh and if one quite new study sayes that about 4400 persons die in a day becouse of pollution in China, it should put the daily WuFlu mortality reading to new aspect IMO...they have huge amount of sick people there with respiratory illnesses that it would be a miracle if many of those would not get in to serious condition with viruses that cause respiratory infections, including WuFlu .Other study has says that in some polluted areas in China , the pollution equals to 40 cigarettes per day , two packs of cigarettes, each day inhaled to lungs...

why some peopple dont get flu

edit on 11-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Not really because we just don't know. It's Schroedinger's cat, or Schroedinger's dead if you prefer.

Just because they haven't been tested, you cannot assume they are all dead or dead 3:1.

For one thing, that absolutely does not match what we're seeing in cases outside of China.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Excellent thread, well thought out, particularly of interest to me was the bed/1000 population value. Of all the information, that's what really grabbed my attention.

The flu, does what it does, every year....BUT, coupled with your average daily issues, heart attacks, etc.., add flu, add new viral load....bam. Great points.

There are a few exceedingly powerful plants that most people are unaware of that my family harvests and prepares every year.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The real risk is that this thing hits in a concentrated wave that overwhelms, If that happens, then it doesn't need to be a super scary, bio weapon or anything else in order to cause serious disruption. It just has to cause widespread incapacitation for prolonged amounts of time and overwhelm medical infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I do agree that we shouldn't overreact. That said, the real danger here, and one that isn't happening in any first-world country, is the overwhelming number of sick people that limit the type of care that most infected people would receive. This is the real point I was making, in that it's the TYPE of care available in these instances.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that this merely proves my larger point, which is about the nature of available care in an overwhelmed populace. You are not wrong, nor right. My point regarding the latent effects of available care still stands.

Also, to your point regarding antiviral meds- yes, you are absolutely correct. There are many ways to produce a vaccine, and as I pointed out, I am not a Dr.

Thank you for the information!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Great Op! When this first came out in the news my wife, who is not a conspiracy person at all, said it was an engineered disaster by China/Russia/USA. That's saying something!

What I find MOST interesting is how close it resembles the whole Resident Evil narrative (films) of "The world is going to end no matter what, but we can control it and save humanity by ushering it in on our terms. Kill 95% of the population and let the rest of us elites repopulate the world after it heals in our image."

Very plausible with everything going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
When a country makes a biological weapon, which is what we are assuming here, it would surely have developed an antidote....no? And started using it.....

Unfortunatelty, communist countries hide the bad stuff, until they cant. Think Chernobyl.

No, not necessarily.
I am being drawn more and more that this is a bio-warfare experiment that has gone horribly wrong or has been done and released deliberately...by 'somebody'....I really don't want to go down that rabbit hole!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yes i guess many countrys dont have so big number on hospital beds to give if would really need ...it is a problem , they did not have enough in Wuhan either at first and probably still dont have, it look`s bit like countrys in general have not prepared enough for pandemic like situation. I hope this WuFlu will be a lesson to learn , to better prepare

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

Just saying, I literally told my wife that if this hits the U.S. in any real capacity, then I want our family to be infected first. Then we get real treatment, which means we will most likely live.

And if I was staring down the barrel of automation, space exploration, etc., and was one of the NWO leaders, I would release such a virus to get rid of as much dead weight as possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join