It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MICHAEL R. BLOOMBERG has Vaulted to Third Place Amongst Democrat Presidential Candidates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And Trump is just better at playing the game.

Like I said, regardless of what you think about the content of Mike's speech it is going to provoke an immune response in the democrat "party" because they are fixated on race, "social justice," and identitarian politics and are in too deep to turn back now.

EDIT: mostly I just want to hear Anderson Cooper explain why this isn't "racist" but Joe Rogan is.

Thanks for engaging!
edit on 11-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
1. Hillary cannot be Bloomberg’s VP because there is a rule that the president and VP have to be from different states.
2. Bloomberg would be destroyed in a debate with Trump with a single question: “Mike, which are you going to take from Americans first guns or soda pop?”

Bloomberg can spend every single last dime he has ever had, only thing he will get out of it is broke.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
sorry nobody gets to put dr pepper in a corner, wait till he gets to fansville
mayor soda cup dont have a chance imo

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I was laughed at a few weeks ago, when I said he would end up being the candidate.
He's played it right...
Ads all over youtube, stays out of the debates, so his ideas won't be challenged, criticized, ect.

He's been waiting for the field to slim down, before he starts to make real waves.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o
so you think he will get to explain why he alone gets to decide if I can have 16oz of delicious refreshment instead of 32oz?
imo how much soda I drink is not to be decided by the government let alone by a mayor
what will he do next ban snickers?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"el soda popo" is in big trouble imo
seems a bit racist perhaps?
www.foxnews.com...

"Ninety-five percent of murders- murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops,"

"They are male, minorities, 16-25. That's true in New York, that's true in virtually every city (inaudible).

"So one of the unintended consequences is people say, 'Oh my God, you are arresting kids for marijuana that are all minorities.' Yes, that's true. Why? Because we put all the cops in minority neighborhoods," Bloomberg is heard saying on the recording. "Yes, that's true. Why do we do it? Because that's where all the crime is.

no way he lives past these comments
not in the dnc
a gop candidate would be roasted alive for these comments

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Who said money can't buy an election ?

No one, it what Trump did when NO ONE was supporting him in the early primary.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

He's even higher with the odds makers.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Perhaps. But his condescending attitude is going to turn off independents big time.

His anti-2nd amendment stance shut him out of my thinking entirely. Just ahead of his nanny-state BS.

But, do not forget the 300 lbs witch in the room... Hillary. Much as it pains me, she is a factor that can not be ignored. In a brokered convention, which this could end up being, all bets are off.

Any democrat candidate has the opportunity to be the nominee.

But in order to win, you need to appeal to independents and moderates.

Bloomberg is too "nanny-state" to appeal to anyone to the right of Lenin.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

This seems a bit different though.

Bloomberg is using a billion dollars of his own money to try and remove Trump. Paraphrased, that's his objective.

By his own mission statement, his intentions don't appear for him to win, but rather to spend money on the elections for an agenda motivated outcome.

If he doesn't plan to win, could this be viewed as an individual circumventing political donation regulations just because he's a "candidate"? I think so.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Perhaps. But his condescending attitude is going to turn off independents big time.

His anti-2nd amendment stance shut him out of my thinking entirely. Just ahead of his nanny-state BS.

But, do not forget the 300 lbs witch in the room... Hillary. Much as it pains me, she is a factor that can not be ignored. In a brokered convention, which this could end up being, all bets are off.

Democrats (edit, the establishment, not necessarily actual left learners) inherently hate any candidate that appeals to independents.

In fact, they usually call those candidates Russian assets or racists if they do anything that appeals to people outside the DNC.
edit on 11-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
He runs on Truth vs Facts 🥳🥶

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
In Dixville Notch, a surprise candidate came away the winner. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Wow. Shocking...meh.
exactly...watched it myself, what...5 people in Dixville Notch, literally...BFD

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I hope Bloomberg gets the nomination. I want to see Bernie on his knees endorsing a 1%er. He's actually worse than a 1%er. He's like 1% of that 1%.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Democrats (edit, the establishment, not necessarily actual left learners) inherently hate any candidate that appeals to independents.

In fact, they usually call those candidates Russian assets or racists if they do anything that appeals to people outside the DNC.

It's ironic that so many democrats are running as "uniters" and calling Trump a "divider" when they are ostracizing everyone not within their ideology and Trump is appealing to those outside the republican umbrella.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

:
edit on 2020 2 11 by incoserv because: oopsie!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He MIGHT be able to appeal to the fringe but he has said so many crazy things he will struggle to appeal to independents.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

LOL, no, not at all. He used something else. He worked the MSM to his advantage. He would just say wild things and the MSM lapped it up and gave him more face time than anyone else, so they could mock him. But there was this old rule about publicity, that good or bad, it's all good. So while he had piles of his own money, he didn't spend nearly as much as that Kankle bitch who he beat.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'll give the Dems this much: At least they seem to have realized that nobody wants Hillary to run again.

Bloomberg will fizzle out as people remember that he's the nanny-state nitwit who tried to ban large sodas in NYC.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o
Yesterday one analyst said Bloomberg and Trump are doing the same thing. Both poking the Democrat beehive...keeping them all fidgidy and scared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join