It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A war like no other before it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What if?

As a result of the U.S not paying their debt to China and doing their best to avoid it, China decides to use companies like Tencent to buy up profitable U.S companies like the video game Fortnite's publisher/developer Epic Games.

They use America's own capitalism against itself to not only recover the debt, but to actually have legal ownership of major U.S assets. To forever have a foothold on U.S soil.

Billions of American dollars are now sent to China every year for the foreseeable future. Each day another major U.S asset is purchased.
The goal to weaken the U.S economy to the point the country collapses.

As a result of this 'stealth' attack the U.S decides they need to go to financial war right back.

The U.S reaches into it's long history of bio-weapon research, and releases a virus among the Chinese population to create a global panic regarding said virus around the world.

Its danger is massively overblown for effect, as the U.S cannot risk releasing something truly catastrophic that could come back and wipe out their own population.

Out of China's 1.4billion population, only hundreds are infected, and fewer die.

But peoples paranoia, further fueled by U.S media means China is locked down and put into 'quarantine', this restricts the countries ability to trade globally, and while the 'epidemic' runs it's course China is losing billions of Yuan daily.

The western public manipulated by government actors begin attacking China's 'poor hygiene' and over all reputation meaning fewer westerners now want to do business with China or the Chinese People, now afraid their next Wish.com package could contain Super-Monkey-SwineFlu-Aids.
This further contributes to a decrease in China's economy, and causes long term damage to boot.

This is how World War 3 will go down. There won't be bombs, invading armies etc. like seen in previous wars. Thanks to modern media coverage, the internet and 24/7 news, the world is always watching. The days of just 'rolling into Poland' unhindered and unobserved before anyone can react are long over.

Countries will use bio-weapons, propaganda and economies to destroy each other out of the public's eye so to speak.

What if we're in World War 3 right now and you're not even aware?

Just a hypothetical scenario that's been popping into my head lately......

edit on 10-2-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Seems more likely in this case the CPC was attempting to smuggle in a bio-weapon from Canada to militarise it, when it accidentally got out.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

Nah as it is a scenario of my own minds creation, it's the U.S using bio-weapons so no confusion there lol.

China doesn't need to use germ warfare, because as is said in the OP, China is using capitalism as their weapon, if only to add some irony to their cause.

I mean the U.S has used them before, and even tested them on their own people. So it's not an impossible scenario to imagine that they would do so against a foreign land.

Now run along and tell Stephen King how he can change the ending to IT.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If China were to shut down its manufacturing and financial sectors, due to contagion, or even just the fear of contagion, it would mean that the supply lines to the US consumer economy would be cut.

Since “just-in-time” inventory management has reduced most industry’s reserve inventory to a matter of weeks at most, the loss of Chinese supplies would doom the US economy long before the fall of China.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

"Small world problems"

the US doesn't owe China any more than it owes the "federal" reserve.

the money is made up and China feel for it just like you did.

sure, Chinese corporations "own"most of America,but once you burn the ledgers and wipe the computers we've simply got more force.
bio weapons are obviously a problem... and obviously at play. for some reason this fake currency seems to matter.

since we're all dead anyway, has anyone heard from India lately? I've been marveling at their lack of plague for a decade now, If this one was engineered I would think their cities would be tombs by now.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Well Tencent does seem to be buying up a lot of Western companies lately (mostly video game producers, but the big money makers), and as we know, you don't do business in China unless the government has a hand in it.
I think they now currently own something like 48% of Epic Games.

And sure money is 'made up' but for something 'imaginary' the world sure is reliant on it to function. I mean If it didn't matter China wouldn't of been chasing it up back in 2009. It's just an easy way to barter in modern times than swapping goats, and gold bars etc. I suppose.

Yep, you can burn things up. But can you burn it all up? When I make deals with folks, they usually have a copy of the contract, and I have a copy of the contract. They can burn theirs, I still have mine.
Harder to make things, especially thinks on a global scale, just vanish these days. Burning the filing cabinet in the 70's might of worked, but those were simpler times.

Not the worst type of war to have I guess, from Joe Public's view any way. I mean China could keep making aircraft carriers and a real war over the issue could break out...... it's always a possibility.
Then again China might of been boosting it's military tech over the last few years to invade Tasmania. I dunno.

As for India I am going to say they have a natural immunity thanks to conditions many live in over there.

Hell I saw a ritual over there where they literally throw toddlers into a huge pile of # and roll them around in it for 'good luck'

Might be why allergies and other illnesses are on the rise in many western countries as we've perhaps become over clean and have destroyed good bacteria we need to be healthy as well as the bad stuff.

Maybe lack of hygiene in some regards is good for an animal, human or otherwise. I swear I used to get less health issues as a kid when I was out with my friends full on rolling around in the dirt every day and doing the 3 second rule and eating a sandwich I just dropped on the ground, dust it off and she's good, compared to now as an adult who takes care of his hygiene and wouldn't eat anything off the floor lol.

It really could be that simple.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

There is a reason old sayings exist like "Cutting off the nose to spite the face"

Because some people would literally cut off their nose just to 'win'.
If most people cared about the consequences of their actions this world would be a lot less #ed up.

When humans are involved, nothing can ever be discounted. Insanity is our middle name.
edit on 10-2-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: elaborated

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When Clinton top end tax rates were 39% we have budge surplus. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
What if?

As a result of the U.S not paying their debt to China and doing their best to avoid it, China decides to use companies like Tencent to buy up profitable U.S companies like the video game Fortnite's publisher/developer Epic Games.

a reply to: lordcomac
I think they now currently own something like 48% of Epic Games.

40%. what you think doesn't matter when the facts are saying otherwise.
wikipedia link

Epic Games is privately owned, over 50% belongs to Tim Sweeney and considering their friendly attitude towards other developers and throwing millions at them to help them, i would say he's the boss there, just like he says he is.

and he shared some details of his cooperation with Tencent already on twitter some time ago, like the fact their bosses were playing his games long before that deal, so it was pure business - they gave Epic Games the know-how for games as a service, in exchange they're earning money together with them. win-win for both, and for many other developers.

of course you can argue that Tencent has some hidden motives and that what they earn, goes to the Chinese government, but that's just stretching it. every company pays taxes, as a result giving money to their government.

Out of China's 1.4billion population, only hundreds are infected, and fewer die.

mate, you're delusional. even official numbers from Chinese government are saying otherwise, and those were just lowered on purpose (they've stopped counting those confirmed to be infected, but not showing symptoms, as confirmed cases, which is insane but that's another topic).

tell you what, do your research, then if you'll still have any doubts, email someone like Tim Sweeney yourself. if you won't sound like someone ignorant enough to think China owns the majority of US debt, he may even answer your email. i know he answered mine, he's not some unreachable CEO like you would think.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
okay I want to stress something here.

HYPOTHETICAL.

Fictional.

Fantasy.

From in my head.

Not real.

Figures aren't exact, because I am making this up in my head based on nothing really. Sure there are influences from the real world in my scenario, that should be obvious. But I am generalizing just to get my 'story' across.

I cannot pull figures from a wikipedia to back up what I am saying, because what I am saying doesn't have a wikipedia to pull figures from.

There's a reason the thing begins and pretty much ends with "What if?" and not "OMFG THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!"

Lighten up peeps and have some fun with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

HYPOTHETICAL.

Fictional.

Fantasy.

From in my head.

Not real.

there's HOAX forum for that.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Great post and food for thought.

You do need to update one thing though - and it makes your case stronger anyway.

According to Johns Hopkins, there are 43,108 confirmed cases. A few more than "hundreds".

And there are 1,018 dead from it.

You can see it for yourself.

Johns Hopkins Coronovirus tracking site

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think you mean The Stand as that was about an epidemic that essentially wipes out most of humanity.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

HYPOTHETICAL.

Fictional.

Fantasy.

From in my head.

Not real.

there's HOAX forum for that.

That is not how hoax's work.

The subject is World War 3, and loooky here, we're in a forum on the topic "World War 3"

Now if I was trying to pass this off as a real story happening right now, then YES that would be a HOAX.

End of the day, ALL discussion in this forum is fictional, until World War 3 is confirmed to be underway.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I think you mean The Stand as that was about an epidemic that essentially wipes out most of humanity.

Haha points for that. I just went with the first thing that jumped to mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Haha points for that. I just went with the first thing that jumped to mind.

No worries. I'm a huge Stephen King fan and actually just started re-reading The Stand.

It is his first full-length book that was published, and I think it's still one of his best!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This being a conspiracy theory forum, I am going to manufacture the theory that the same people who control the US also control China and the Chinese government is a sham to cover up that fact.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
After Trump got Xi to sign his trade deal... the coronavirus happened. There was also a video of a Senator stating Wuhan has a level 4 bio weapon facility in it and thinks they screwed up and infected their own people with an outbreak... others in different countries are now thinking the same... sounds like China was mad and was going to do what you are proposing the US would/was attempting but botched the job.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Plausible.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

And taking that one further, this being a conspiracy theory forum, I am going to add to your theory and say those same people control everything globally and all governments are made-up, are a sham. I mean someone has to take the blame. Everything from Pandemics to super bowl wins/losses are created. Orchestrated in specific ways to create hysteria, panic, a sense of comfort, war. Whatever it takes to achieve the end result. Whatever that might be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join