It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Pete Wants To Decriminalize Heroin And Meth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Trueman

Good. More freedom for me.

We can do next Woodstock Festival in the WH too

Only if we truly lived in a free society could something that awesome ever happen.

If only we could all be free to sell meth at schools and create a huge customer base so we can all be rich. Nothing says freedom like more people so hooked on drugs they will rob, rape, or murder their own family to get a high.

That's right making money from drugs is reserved for goverment.dont steal the government doesn't like competition.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Bottom line?

It's a nice gesture, a totally libertarian gesture.

But humans being the nasty creatures that we are, will f#ck it up and it'll ruin things which will spur the government to actually reduce MORE freedoms for everyone.

Because the government is an opportunistic giant asshole, crapping on all of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
while at the same time Mikey is saying this
Former New York City Mayor—and potential 2020 Democratic presidential candidate—Michael Bloomberg called efforts to legalize marijuana "perhaps the stupidest thing anybody has ever done."

Speaking at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, on Tuesday, Bloomberg said on the subject, according to WBNG-TV:

"We have a different kind of problem in America, for example. Last year, in 2017, 72,000 Americans [overdosed] on drugs. In 2018, more people than that are OD-ing on drugs, have OD'd on drugs. And today, incidentally, we are trying to legalize another addictive narcotic, which is perhaps the stupidest thing anybody has ever done. We've got to fight that, and that's another thing that Bloomberg Philanthropies will work on it in public health."

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bottom line?

It's a nice gesture, a totally libertarian gesture.

But humans being the nasty creatures that we are, will f#ck it up and it'll ruin things which will spur the government to actually reduce MORE freedoms for everyone.

Because the government is an opportunistic giant asshole, crapping on all of us.

Well this post is disappointing. I agree with the sentiment. But ya really reeeeeed there. Every creature is nasty. We have the ability to be better. So be better.

Is "libertarian gesture" a lost cause? Love it.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
The only thing that making drugs illegal does is hold up the price.
If there were no money in importing and selling drugs, you'd eliminate the drug trade.

You could then use the money to offer free treatment for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the drug habit

Drugs have been illegal my whole life yet they are still readily available wherever I have lived.

They have legal weed which cost more than street prices. The government would simply tax the hell out of anything they call a sin as in sin taxes just look at cigarettes and liquor. I thought there was separation of church and state unless it for taxes.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Democrats “free stuff” primary race is getting out of hand .

“ speedballs for everyone “!!!
edit on 10-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

We have the ability, when have we been better?

The human species is filled with vile, nasty examples of the worst of mankind and no Facebook post, dream of a better place, will rid us of the scum that rises to the top.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The govt should start by giving our "ruling class" in Congress a basic education on how these substances work. Just a couple of years ago, we had an idiot in the attorney general spot who said that "marijuana is as bad as heroin.". Jeff Sessions. Could he have been more out of touch?

I don't know. it's a touchy subject.
Maybe the Congress should all get together in their hallowed halls, and instead of bickering, they could smoke some D m T or do some good azurescens.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would not dismiss the idea.
The war on drugs..er, I mean people, is the biggest failure in American history, something needs to change..it ain't working.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I say decriminalize it, end treatment programs and make it legal to shoot to kill anyone who tries to mug, assault, rob you.

I guarantee that the population of heroin and meth users will drop dramatically.

Worked in the Philippines, not much of a drug problem there anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Where do the Dems find these people? I have seen what meth and heroin have done to people, it messes up their minds. Although Cocaine is used by many predominant people, it is the rich mans buzz. I knew more cokers that were lawyers, doctors, and kids of rich parents than in the lower middle class. It is not that great of a buzz but those who are realestate salesmen seem to like the chemistry. I guess it helps them be able to deceive people better, it gets rid of their conscience.

Meth can make some people dependent on it and some will do anything to get more so they do not experience the crash.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Where do the Dems find these people? I have seen what meth and heroin have done to people, it messes up their minds. Although Cocaine is used by many predominant people, it is the rich mans buzz. I knew more cokers that were lawyers, doctors, and kids of rich parents than in the lower middle class. It is not that great of a buzz but those who are realestate salesmen seem to like the chemistry. I guess it helps them be able to deceive people better, it gets rid of their conscience.

Meth can make some people dependent on it and some will do anything to get more so they do not experience the crash.

Meth is the one I would not think could work..meth people are f@cked up.

Heroin, seen many functioning addicts who could pull it off.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I say decriminalize it, end treatment programs and make it legal to shoot to kill anyone who tries to mug, assault, rob you.

I guarantee that the population of heroin and meth users will drop dramatically.

Worked in the Philippines, not much of a drug problem there anymore.

Any proof of that ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yeah, let's go for it, it's not like booze is super-safe Angel Juice or anything here. Let people smoke, snort, eat or inhale whatever they damn well please, it's their life to screw with.
Consider it the recreational substance equivalent of taking the warning labels off of life and letting Darwinism sort out the winners and losers. Many users are far smarter than you give them credit for with the very hard stuff and won't end up dead any faster for it, but the morons that should have never been the sperm that won the race will be weeded out that much faster.

Fekking win/win for society there, self-thinning of the herd's genetic weak links.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Years ago I knew of this junky who would have a hit and go cat burglering, climbing skyscrapers with his bare hands, go through open doors on the balconys, take what He wanted and climb back down and go get another hit.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
While we're at it, we should go into places like Chicago's inner city and Detroit and give everyone under the age of 25 a free gun. Eventually all the bad people will kill each other off, and viola problem solved!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know that would be impossible unless you give them an island.

I think Epsteins island is not being used....or is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You haven't thought this through.

Drug addiction is a medical problem with medical solutions. Locking up addicts and other attempts to criminalize it has just embedded the drugs into the prisons.

Similarly, there are issues with legally obtained prescription drugs that the criminalization of the few controlled ones cannot solve.

I say decriminalize drugs and make them cheaper/uneconomical for the dealers to work with. At the same time, provide them under prescription in controlled doses and in their pure and unadulterated forms. This removes the profitability for criminals, reduces the deaths from overdose and adulterated drugs and exposes addicts to medical professionals with the capability to advise and assist them should they want to get off the drugs.

It isn't perfect, but it is better than the vast waste of time and money that is the current situation.

edit on 10/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: vonclod

Years ago I knew of this junky who would have a hit and go cat burglering, climbing skyscrapers with his bare hands, go through open doors on the balconys, take what He wanted and climb back down and go get another hit.

Crazy, the drive to use can be very strong. Some drugs are worse than others, meth is the worst for sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's nice to see you supporting getting another generation addicted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join