It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Pete Wants To Decriminalize Heroin And Meth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Trueman
You want the government to have power over what you put in your body?
That's not freedom.

You're extending it too much. Those are 2 highly addictive drugs. Not food or beer.

But I'd like to be free to buy coca leaves.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Point is, you can't give addicts MORE freedoms and reduce the freedoms of anyone else.

What extra freedoms do they have?

The ability to do drugs, whatever they want with no repercussions.

Isn't that what we fought for? What business do you have in another's personal life?

Absolutely none!

As long as they don't interfere with my life? I'm cool with it.

But they don't have a right to infringe upon my rights, if they do, I can just exercise my 2nd Amendment right.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Is this about drugs or your preconceived notion that drug use makes people violent, like some reefer madness snip?

Smoking the toke-weeds will cause criminal behaviour. It's been studied over and over.

It's literally insane to think that. DB, I respect you man. I do. But to think something like weed will cause criminal behavior is crazy. Antiquated. I very very rarely even smoke, but I used to. It's just dumb. It's like drinking a beer.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

SMH

I live in Oregon dood.

I was being facetious.

link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

In this very thread you were talking about murdering dealers. Dealers of what? Weed? Alcohol? Caffeine? The next burista is a target?

What's a drug? Who defines it?

And you don't think drug dealers should be shot on sight.

Why?

Because they're human.

link   

Alcohol isn't highly addictive?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

SMH

I live in Oregon dood.

I was being facetious.

Love ya, bud. But I don't believe that.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

In this very thread you were talking about murdering dealers. Dealers of what? Weed? Alcohol? Caffeine? The next burista is a target?

What's a drug? Who defines it?

And you don't think drug dealers should be shot on sight.

Why?

Because they're human.

So was Hitler.
So was Stalin.
So was every rapist.
So was every MS-13 member who took a machete to teen-aged girls.

You're point???

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

SMH

I live in Oregon dood.

I was being facetious.

Okay.

The devils grass-weed is bad. It's make your nipples sore and cause diarrhea.

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT FOR AMERICA???

You, literally, are Hitler.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
His behavior and ethics pretty much just show what happens when...you do too many drugs.
'Hi, I'm running for President and once I'm in the Big House, errrr, I mean the White House? YOU CAN DO ALL THE DRUGS YOU WANT' - now VOTE FOR ME'!
Heavy sigh.

Hahaha.... You got that right. He's like President Camacho.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes it is but the goverment approved of it so then it's ok.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Rather vote for El Chapo. We can do next Woodstock Festival in the WH too. What a joke are these democrats. I not even know what to say.

WALLACE: Mayor, you not only want to decriminalize marijuana, you want to decriminalize all drug possession. You say that the better answer isn't (ph) incarceration -- I mean, rather treatment, not incarceration.

BUTTIGIEG: That's right.

WALLACE: -- but isn't the fact that it's illegal to have -- to possess meth and heroin, doesn't that at least in some way, the fact that's illegal, act as a -- some deterrent to actually trying it in the first place?

BUTTIGIEG: Well, I think the main thing we need to focus on is where you have distribution and the -- the kind of harm that's done there. Well, yes, of course, it's important that it remain illegal but --

WALLACE: But you would decriminalize it, so it wouldn't be illegal?

BUTTIGIEG: Possession should not be that dealt through incarceration and - -

WALLACE: But you would say that possession heroin is not illegal?

BUTTIGIEG: It's not going to be dealt with through incarcerations.

WALLACE: But your -- your website says decriminalize. It would not be illegal?

BUTTIGIEG: Yes. Or it could be a misdemeanor.

www.foxnews.com...
twitter.com... e-confirms-dems-are-soft-on-crime-wants-to-decriminalize-heroin-and-meth%2F

Not all that shocking to me that the Marxist (son of Marxists) would advocate such.

One of their strategies for decades has been to erode, shred, destroy, the culture, the social fabric, the foundational values, the family of the USA as an easier & faster route to destroying the USA totally.

He's just being 'true' (as though he has a clue about any truth) to his Marxist goal of destroying the USA.

His strategy ostensibly held out as 'more humane & sensible' would NOT be more humane or sensible to the VICTIMS of folks on meth. He evidently has no clue about what folks on meth tend to do.

He seems to be quite serious about increasing the number of notches on his 'jerk-belt.'

He's certainly NOT serious about improving life in the USA.

Portugal successfully overhauled their approach to alcoholism & other addictions--decriminalizing a lot of such stuff. They overhauled the entire landscape--every part that touched addictions at all. Legal, incarceration, treatment centers, NGO's, government money etc.

HOWEVER, their major point of SUCCESS was attacking the underlying foundational issue: ATTACHMENT DISORDER from shredded families, poor fathering, absent fathers etc. THAT'S the critical, essential stuff to deal with.

Merely decriminalizing will highly likely make matters horrifically worse--particularly with meth users.

The desperate need to BELONG and feel like one is WORTH something--to SOMEONE they are significantly CONNECTED to--IS LIFE & DEATH IMPORTANT.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You suggest to go backwards. Like : Illegalize what is legalized unless they legalize what is illegal.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

SMH

I live in Oregon dood.

I was being facetious.

Okay.

Calm down there, champ. You're one of my favorite posters here. I'm Hitler? For championing freedom of choice? Really? You're gonna sit there in you're armchair and say my friend is on par with MS-13!? For getting weed once a month for him and his buddies? He must be Hitler. He must be Stalin. Remember telling me you don't care what I do as long as I don't bother you? You sure as hell don't embody that ideal.
edit on 10-2-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Doesn't Spain or Portugal have no penalty against possessing some. Just the dealers they want. And they have a very low rate of death from drugs.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

SMH

I live in Oregon dood.

I was being facetious.

Okay.

I am honestly upset by this post, and I think it's out of place. If I was Hitler, you'd know.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I say decriminalize it, end treatment programs and make it legal to shoot to kill anyone who tries to mug, assault, rob you.

I guarantee that the population of heroin and meth users will drop dramatically.

Right to bare swords must come back. Everyone is allowed to bring swords in class. Every must become warriors again like ancient times, then those kidnapping drug lords will think twice before taking you into a white van..
edit on 10-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Good. More freedom for me.

We can do next Woodstock Festival in the WH too

Only if we truly lived in a free society could something that awesome ever happen.

If only we could all be free to sell meth at schools and create a huge customer base so we can all be rich. Nothing says freedom like more people so hooked on drugs they will rob, rape, or murder their own family to get a high.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Doesn't Spain or Portugal have no penalty against possessing some. Just the dealers they want. And they have a very low rate of death from drugs.

They have a huge addiction to soccer.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Alcohol kills an exorbitant amount of people every day. And yes addiction to meth or heroin is basically a death sentence.

Theres a saying in aa and na, "there are no dumb drug addicts/alcoholics" basically its saying that the dumb ones don't make it. That's basically what this would turn into, the smart ones who seek help will survive and the others will fall by the way side. And that's why I don't think it's a good idea. I truly believe that a lot of people would die and I don't think that's right, just like locking up addicts isn't right.

This is a much much bigger problem that can't be solved with just legalizing certain drugs. If we put the money we spent on incarnation into rehab facilities, we'd have a much better chance for a good outcome.

It's true most dumb drug addicts end up killing themselves, one way or another. And it's not that it's not their fault, most know that it's their fault. But this is signing death warrants for a lot of people, people who have a legitimate chance of recovery and becoming members of society again. I think he's pandering for votes, but in doing so he's playing with people's lifes.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Smoking the toke-weeds will cause criminal behaviour. It's been studied over and over.

That is the most asinine thing I have heard for a long long time. And I follow politics. Get your head right. Not all drugs are created equal. Do you drink? Do you ever drive? If the answer is yes, just once, you are more dangerous than any stoner.
edit on 10-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join