It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in sulfur dioxide could be sign of mass cremations in Wuhan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Data from Windy.com on Sunday (Feb. 9) showed heightened levels of sulfur dioxide around Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), causing some to speculate that it is a sign of mass cremations of victims of the deadly disease.

On Sunday, images of Windy.com maps started to appear on social media, showing an alarmingly high level of sulfur dioxide being released, with no other city in China showing similar concentrations with the exception of Chongqing. Over the past few weeks, the death toll from the Wuhan virus has continued to mount, and as the true numbers appear to be suppressed, there have been accounts and anecdotal evidence of disproportionate use of crematoria in Wuhan.

I thought important to add this information to the recent speculations above the real dead toll at Wuhan´s new coronavirus outbreak.

Share your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dominuz

This has been kicked around in the large thread on the virus here

I will stick to my reasoning in that thread that this may simply be the large scale open pit burning of medical waste:

Medical waste typically get taken to an industrial incinerator. However, given whats going on, they do not want to risk shipping the waste to wherever it normally goes and rather minimizing the spread of infected material, they are burning close to the sources. Open pit burns would be the safest and most efficient.

This type of infection control scenario will generate a tremendous amount of waste

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I was kinda 50/50 on this.

Maybe it's from all the construction of the hospitals and/or the random fires that have been happening around the city?

But then they are also known to be the largest steel producers with their large factories. However, FredT above me also makes a good point on medical waste. Definitely cannot let that stuff just go to the dump. That stuff must be burnt.

There have been some "Whistleblowers" that have been saying there are a number of crematories that are running 24/7 to offload the deceased from the infection, but of course, China/CCP will never admit to this. So we may never know until we get real video footage from the citizens.

edit on 10-2-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Not claiming to be a chemist, but there are a few Tweets in that chain that says the spraying of disinfectant around the city could also be causing the spike.
After a quick Google search, sulfur dioxide can also be used as a disinfectant apparently.
edit on 10-2-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah they were crop dusting some kind of disinfectant bet that's the reason for the rise .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah they were crop dusting some kind of disinfectant bet that's the reason for the rise .

Somebody posted clips of big trucks spraying

twitter.com...

Not sure how to embed Twitter videos but they are at that link
edit on 10-2-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just like the beginning of every movie about outbreaks and/or zombies.

So fare at least the dead don't rise up and want to eat your brains

Fo now

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominuz

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Data from Windy.com on Sunday (Feb. 9) showed heightened levels of sulfur dioxide around Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), causing some to speculate that it is a sign of mass cremations of victims of the deadly disease.

On Sunday, images of Windy.com maps started to appear on social media, showing an alarmingly high level of sulfur dioxide being released, with no other city in China showing similar concentrations with the exception of Chongqing. Over the past few weeks, the death toll from the Wuhan virus has continued to mount, and as the true numbers appear to be suppressed, there have been accounts and anecdotal evidence of disproportionate use of crematoria in Wuhan.

I thought important to add this information to the recent speculations above the real dead toll at Wuhan´s new coronavirus outbreak.

Share your thoughts.

OK, I will take this.

SO2 is associated with coal fuel that furnaces would be using. It is probably an increase in use of coal or it is coming from nearby Volcano's of which would have to be between Taiwan and Shanghai to be picked up in Taiwan.

Odds are the story is correct based on that. But....

I am inclined to not trust the Chinese to tell us the truth. I would suspect they are quite willing and capable of faking the victims death using the virus as cover for genocidal activities. They are the type I think could use the disease as a purge. Purges of the Christians and Muslims have been steadily occurring.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

This has been kicked around in the large thread on the virus here

I will stick to my reasoning in that thread that this may simply be the large scale open pit burning of medical waste:

Medical waste typically get taken to an industrial incinerator. However, given whats going on, they do not want to risk shipping the waste to wherever it normally goes and rather minimizing the spread of infected material, they are burning close to the sources. Open pit burns would be the safest and most efficient.

This type of infection control scenario will generate a tremendous amount of waste

Do you have a viable source explaining your scenario?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sulfur dioxide kills viruses, they could be spraying it somewhere. Thiols, like those found in onions and grapefruit also kill viruses.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

I was kinda 50/50 on this.

Maybe it's from all the construction of the hospitals and/or the random fires that have been happening around the city?

But then they are also known to be the largest steel producers with their large factories. However, FredT above me also makes a good point on medical waste. Definitely cannot let that stuff just go to the dump. That stuff must be burnt.

There have been some "Whistleblowers" that have been saying there are a number of crematories that are running 24/7 to offload the deceased from the infection, but of course, China/CCP will never admit to this. So we may never know until we get real video footage from the citizens.

Do you guys read?

However, none of China's numerous other power plants were seen emitting such large numbers that day. The second possibility proposed was the burning of refuse and animal carcasses, but the author questioned why such burning would be taking place as opposed to the standard practice of burying garbage.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No no source per say just medical experience and its a logical explanation for a very unique circumstance

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes I can read but again, Medical waste especially virus contaminated waste would NOT be buried and Incineration is SOP in just about every part of the world. I'm not saying they are NOT burning bodies, but the more likely explanation is medical waste.

That being said there is this interesting gem from 2018:

Emission characteristics of harmful air pollutants from cremators in Beijing, China

China has the highest annual number of deaths in the world. According to the “China Civil Affairs Statistical Yearbook 2015”, China’s national death toll was 9.77 million, and its corpse cremation rate was 47% in 2014. The process of corpse cremation generates numerous harmful air pollutants [1–3], including particulate matter (PM), SO2, NOx, CO, HCl, HF, NH3, VOCs, heavy metals, polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs) [4–8]. Due to the characteristics of the funeral sector, the chimney heights are usually low, and the air pollutants disperse close to the ground, thus severely affecting the surrounding air quality and human health [9–17]. The problem of the emissions of harmful air pollutants from cremators is causing increasing social concern.www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Has anyone considered turbojet exhaust? Wondering if the large truck mounted disinfectant foggers are using jet engine exhaust into the larger tube at back where cold air and fogging substance are then en-trained into moving exhaust.

Isn't SO2 a component of Kerosene based jet engine fuels.

Want to add instead single source could be combination of fogging process, vastly increased crematoria usage and medical waste combined.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
#bioweapon coronavirus overwhelming crematorium in Wuhan? Outbreak News

This dig by Defango looks into the SO2 issue. In it he overlays the SO2 map with the locations of the crematoriums and there is a strong correlation. There are a few reports around that all the crematoriums are working 24/7 and struggling to keep up.

There are clear difficulties in diagnosing every case of 2019-nCoV that is in question. Have come across reports there are 7 sites recently setup to hold 1000+ suspected cases. Most of those who die in such facilities will be due to viral pneumonia and not recorded on the official 2019-nCoV account. Body will be set to a crematorium.

Along with the China's reaction to this pandemic, a fatality count of 100 000 at this time seams reasonable.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
the lack of polychlorinated dibenzodioxins and polychlorinated dibenzofurans suggest cremation is not the cause. many other chemicals are missing also www.calgarymemorial.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am All for killing humans to save the Earth.
but please stop burning the bodies!
just dig deep pits and dump them in.
it will Help! and it gives the Soil bacteria some thing to eat.

we Realy Must stop burning Every thing!
And dumping chemicals in the Sea and Air.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

actually I think burning things restores nutrition back to the soil faster

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominuz

Share your thoughts.

They could also just be burning the euthanized remains of tens of thousands of illegal and infected animals..

top topics

join