It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well no, but his honesty and results are certainly enough to run on.

archive.today...

Though, he did lie about one thing... I'm not sick of winning yet. I guess he has to save something to cap off the second term.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2020 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So now they're saying Trump is going to outspend and buy the Presidency.

Even though in 2016 Hillary spent over double what Trump did. Didn't hear one liberal say Hillary was trying to "buy" the presidency.

Seems like Bloomberg is trying to buy it, they changed the rules for him because......he could afford to have them do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't understand why trump needs to spend any money on a reelection campaign. He is the "chosen one" and it's in Gods hands now.

Utterly asinine contribution.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So now you’re telling me the Trump campaign is outsmarting the liberal MSM and Social Media moguls using their own platforms?

Just imagine, he’s currently running the country too. Crazy isn’t it?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The campaign to re-elect the President is already over.

The media and the dEms and their disgusting supporters have done all the work and paid for every cent of it too.

2020 is well and truly in the bag, that’s undeniable.

Well done lefties, well done. The President’s MASSIVE list of great accomplishments during his extremely successful first term doesn’t even need to be advertised.
You people have pumped out so much negativity that you’re unlikely to gain the Whitehouse before 2032

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So now they're saying Trump is going to outspend and buy the Presidency.

Even though in 2016 Hillary spent over double what Trump did. Didn't hear one liberal say Hillary was trying to "buy" the presidency.

i AM PRETTY SURE THERE ARE DOZENS OF CLIPS OF TRUMP SAYING EXACTLY THAT.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe Trump will instead spend his campaign donations on building mental health facilities and research for cures?

Seeing how there will probably be an exponential outbreak in November...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

If it's a choice between Trump and the current crop of leftists, then I might even contribute to the campaign.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: loveguy

So how do we fight against being swayed by this type of tactic? I have no idea. Remain vigilant. Try to see what they are trying to "make" you see. Be aware that it is happening.

It appears to be an online magazine where it might host a comment section?
A pay to play? Censoring?

Disengage and stop helping them distribute and circulate their bs?

6 companies distribute 90% of media- they don't deserve our patronage, go belly up sooner rather than later.

Also helps to use the wayback machine and post the archive of the story thus depriving add revenue to these 6 companies.

Genius!! I love twbm, use it to browse old ats all the time. It never even occurred to me to utilize it in this manner. Bravo chap, I second this motion.
edit on 2-10-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Trump doesn't need to spend anything, the Democrats will reelect Trump by discrediting themselves. Plus, free grassroots journalist will do most of the work on social media, and all they have to do is record democrats and their unhinged behavior.

That is all needed for Trump to win. THere is no need to spend it on nonsense like Democrats.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In the future only the uberwealthy will be able to run for office.

We'll have some type of plutocracy/corporatocracy government. Especially if the US remains a republic.

Now I could see the US becoming some sort of aristocracy/corporatocracy through a certain series of events.

Either way the common person is guaranteed to get screwed

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Trump’s ads are much more realistic than all the ‘free’ stuff democrats are promising.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad I do believe he is the last american president something will happen REX 21 goes into effect,we will be forced to take mark,so look for a crisis just before elections,just like folly impeachment,people are placed not voted

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

From the quoted article:

Both parties will have these tools at their disposal. But in the hands of a president who lies constantly, who traffics in conspiracy theories, and who readily manipulates the levers of government for his own gain, their potential to wreak havoc is enormous.

When a news article, takes time to bash their subject, I begin to have doubts that the research was done without bias.
Not to mention, the clear error (starting a sentence with 'but') that was missed in editing.

This just SCREAMS that this piece is nothing more than an attempt to give people, who already hate Trump, a reason to fear his tactics as well.

I have no doubt that if one candidate has access to this type of manipulation, they will all use it.
Also, I hate to bring it up, but it was the last president that made it no longer illegal, to blatently use propaganda against American citizens.

Anyone who has a problem with these tactics, should know who to blame

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sounds like a politically biased opinion piece to me but the premise of the article could ring true if it was looked at with neutrality.

I mean the Democrats seem to be sabotaging their own 2020 options without anyone paying them off so why the hell would Trump need to pay the evidently leftist media to throw the election his way.

None of it makes sense.

I call Bullsh!t.

Yeah - remove the buzzwords of "dictator" and "death star" and other biased reaction-grabbing words and you have yourself a pretty quality article.

The only other piece that should be written about is they should turn the mirror back on their own opinions and analyze why they are currently believing anything they do due to their own side's tactics.

I still think that the right's media techniques provide many with a security blanket where they don't have to use their brains much, just as much as the left's does. Whether or not they are in the right - it removes the responsibility of checking if you're not overstepping any bounds.

There is the mass of people, and there is a psychological technique to organize us that is tried and true through the centuries. Those who want control are still crafting the art - it just became a crazier game since the internet was created.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: BomSquad I do believe he is the last american president something will happen REX 21 goes into effect,we will be forced to take mark,so look for a crisis just before elections,just like folly impeachment,people are placed not voted

My moneys on a mkt. crash and a war with someone type of crisis before the election. The elections might even be canceled due to "security concerns"...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We live in an age of he who shouts loudest is mostest inteligentest
, the hive mind, be part of a group, no longer think for oneself when someone else makes a point, people quite happily jump on that bandwagon, facebook likes, thumbs up, share someone elses musings on twitter, retweet someone elses thoughts, hell even stars and flags just to bathe in their wisdom (or lack of)

We will become one, you will conform to the majority or risk being made a pariah, it clearly happens here on ATS, whatever the rights or wrongs of US presidents (past and current) any poster who states something which does not toe the line is lambasted as a fool, IMO only a fool believes anything from ANY politicians mouth, wether they be left, right or in the middle.

The psychology of being ‘liked’ on social media

Whichever platform we’re on, one of the first check points is the ‘notification’ tab. ‘Has anyone liked something of mine’? ‘Has anyone tagged me’? Etc etc. It’s a habit we quickly get pulled into. It’s addictive. Have you ever stopped to wonder why it’s so addictive? That little rush you get when your post gets more likes than normal? There is a reason for that rush. Dopamine. For every thumbs up or heart we get a little psychological high through a shot of dopamine. The more likes the more shots. The more shots we have, the more shots we want. And we’re in a loop.

Dopamine, Smartphones & You: A battle for your time

Although not as intense as hit of coc aine, positive social stimuli will similarly result in a release of dopamine, reinforcing whatever behavior preceded it. Cognitive neuroscientists have shown that rewarding social stimuli—laughing faces, positive recognition by our peers, messages from loved ones—activate the same dopaminergic reward pathways. Smartphones have provided us with a virtually unlimited supply of social stimuli, both positive and negative. Every notification, whether it’s a text message, a “like” on Instagram, or a Facebook notification, has the potential to be a positive social stimulus and dopamine influx.

I got dompamine running around in my brain

Before smart phone we were all superman, now we are just in a slump

edit on 11-2-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: links

edit on 11-2-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: links

edit on 11-2-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join