It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Outbreak or is North Korea in trouble?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Well, in the event of a global pandemic of that sort...there's not a whole lot else to do, is there??

All you can do is take care of yourself, your family, and get on with it as best you're able. If you can help others in the process, that's great...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: FredT
And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.
They'll be the first ones rioting.

It is fear mongering, and things will be fine.
Period.

Classic reaction of a person who can't handle a crisis of this size.

Refusing to acknowledge that something is wrong is a way of coping with emotional conflict, stress, painful thoughts, threatening information and anxiety. You can be in denial about anything that makes you feel vulnerable or threatens your sense of control,

www.mayoclinic.org...

OK, panic. Then what? What can we do to stop this? Wash your hands. Stay away from crowds. Pray for a positive outcome. Aside from that, wait. The death rate with this is low, so it's only a bit more deadly than the flu.

I'm sorry, I just don't think full panic mode will do any good.

I don't think amyone is advocating for full panic mode, but the thinking of most seems to be not to be concerned at all, because it *probably* won't turn into a civilization-changing pandemic. One of these times, it will.

The reported fatality rate is around 2% so far - the biggest issue is it seems to have a long incubation, and tends toward pneumonia. If it goes widespread, and let's say, for example, 50 million Americans fall ill - how many of the 49.5m pneumonia cases being self-treated at home do you think will recover?

Overwhelming the healthcare system is the biggest danger of this one. It could well fizzle out, but if it spreads far and wide, there will be thousands spreading it long before they're even aware they're infected.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I haven't heard about many cases in Africa. Being as the Chinese are supposed to be all over African countries.

That one will be hard to gauge. I doubt most of the countries there have much in the way of capability to conduct large scale testing of sick people. I think Africa, like India, is going to take a big hit from this outbreak.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

deleted as I was told not to post this info yet. sorry guys.

WTH??? Really???? This IS ATS. Wish I would have gotten in here sooner lol.

NM. I see Mikell picked it up. Thanks Mikell for that.
edit on 11-2-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't need to riot, I have guns and my neighbors don't. It'll be more like permanent borrowing.

people like you are why i will be shooting on site during a SHTF

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, if I were in North Korea it might be time to panic. Of course, if I were in North Korea it might be time to panic whether there was a WuFlu or not...

China is pretty much overwhelmed; other countries not so much. As has been stated, North Korea has the best quarantine procedure known. I would actually expect them to be dealing with this outbreak because they are pretty tightly connected to China. Russia, now? Yeah, there's a lot of trade and they border each other, but the area along that border is not exactly metropolitan. It's pretty lonely country there, not a not of humans to spread disease. I wouldn't expect them to be heavily infected.

As it is, I am in the USA. I have access to good medical care, pretty sanitary conditions to live in, and relatively little pollution. China has so-so medical care, overpopulation in their cities, and a pretty polluted environment. Any virus would consider metropolitan areas of China a smorgasbord. I do think the quarantine procedures being used are a good idea for the most part; San Francisco has a pretty bad pollution problem and unsanitary living conditions as well, and I'd just as soon not have it wipe out an entire American city. There is the problem with pre-symptomatic transmission.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Another thread said 42 people and families eliminated in NK due to virus, but who really knows.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

surely that just means that if you have it, you don't tell anyone you have it?! no?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
people like you are why i will be shooting on site during a SHTF

Hopefully your aim is better than mine since mine is pretty damn good.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the general prognosis, astrologically, is that a Arc of death will start in China, asia, Eur-asian, India, Iran, all of middle-east, down to NW Africa to Egypt-to-Libya-to-Etheopia (generally all the Silk-Road)

Japan-Korea et al will be involved to a degree

the outbreak will go on until the June 21 eclipse

less than total pandemic of entire globe...

rumors galore that the WHO is the hidden hand in COVID-19

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the general prognosis, astrologically, is that a Arc of death will start in China, asia, Eur-asian, India, Iran, all of middle-east, down to NW Africa to Egypt-to-Libya-to-Etheopia (generally all the Silk-Road)

Japan-Korea et al will be involved to a degree

the outbreak will go on until the June 21 eclipse

less than total pandemic of entire globe...

rumors galore that the WHO is the hidden hand in COVID-19

When you say "astrologically" what do you mean?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR

originally posted by: mikell
Another thread said 42 people and families eliminated in NK due to virus, but who really knows.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

surely that just means that if you have it, you don't tell anyone you have it?! no?

In videos all those chinese people refuse to be taken into quarantine too

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.

They'll be the first ones rioting.

I don't need to riot, I have guns and my neighbors don't. It'll be more like permanent borrowing.

Ah, but this virus is NOTHING to worry about, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The anti-reality people who keep saying that the posters who show concern here on ATS are in "blind panic mode" and fearmongering are just profiling and basically calling them names, trying to slant things to their (please don't use "there" when you mean "their") way of thinking. Those people say there is not enough data to go in "full panic mode" yet. (And thay say there never will be - utterly baseless when you don't have enough data.) I agree with you - there isn't enough information to form a logical conclusion. But just because you say people are in "full panic mode" doesn't make it so. You're just trying to make them look bad because they're different than you. If there is not enough data yet to go into "full panic mode," there is also that same amount of incomplete data which says you don't know if a "full panic mode" could become a reality. You just don't know. So, why do you keep implying you do know? That is anti-fearmongering and should be just as bad as true fearmongering, which I really haven't seen here on ATS. Could those anti-reality people (Yes, I gave you a name that, in it's very existence, puts a negative connotation to you like your nasty names do to other people you're making fun of. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.) show me some examples of true fearmongering? And by that I mean people who are building bomb shelters and buying up 50 cases of SPAM. That, to me, is "blind panic mode." I'll wager you can't (or will just ignore) provide an example of true "blind panic mode" from posters here on Above Top Secret.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

hopefully we are on opposite sides of the country. and yes, its damn #ing good.

why not just be prepared instead of planning on being a scumbag?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Ok. In the first place, it's not a flu, it's a cold. There is a difference.

As to your larger point, this is big news to the extent it affects big business. Individual people and families are aggregate statistics in the global economic scheme of things.

Prepare (or not) accordingly.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

(please don't use "there" when you mean "their")

(And thay say there never will be - utterly baseless when you don't have enough data.)

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Ah, but this virus is NOTHING to worry about, right?

I'm certainly not worried about it, but feel free to don your panic pants.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
hopefully we are on opposite sides of the country. and yes, its damn #ing good.

why not just be prepared instead of planning on being a scumbag?

Humor is not really your strong point, is it?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

tone of voice doesn't really come thru text very well... i need some type of hint like a "lol" or a

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join