It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone Confirm that Beijing and Shanghai, China are now under a Lockdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So this morning on February 10, 2020 at 5:55AM EST I typed in the wrong city into my search bar. I typed in Shanghai instead of Taiwan and here's the story parked beneath Shanghai News on the Google page. It is NOT an OFFICIAL story endorsed by China. It was written by Taiwan News.

Now as I have written before Taiwan hates China and vise versa. So is this story true? They only way to tell is by boots on the ground over there but the Chinese government was already way ahead of that by shutting down communications, disabling this and placing people in jail for that.

The "free" United States mainstream media has been essentially useless so far. All they are doing is downplaying the entire situation as is expected in a situation like this. They are also NOT investigating nor mentioning the two Chinese Scientists who were removed from the Canada National Microbiology Laboratory in July 2019 who obtained a Coronavirus sample back in 2013. So our US MSM is following the playbook 101 but at the end of the day its about you and I, Not some social media site our government entity that could really care less whether you live or die.

So whats the truth? Is this story correct? Can anyone connect with someone over there to validate the above. Who knows Taiwan could be right.

Shanghai follows Beijing and goes into lockdown to fight spread of Wuhan virus 16509 By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer 2020/02/10 15:44

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — After Beijing announced it was going into lockdown to try and contain the Wuhan virus on Sunday (Feb. 9), Shanghai on Monday (Feb. 10) followed suit and said it is also implementing "closed-off management" (封閉式管理) measures for communities in the city. On Monday morning, the Shanghai city government announced that "closed community management" (小區封閉管理) has been implemented in the metropolis' 13,000 residential complexes. It added that most of these communities have also implemented tight restrictions on entering and exiting their facilities. Shanghai joins three other top tier Chinese cities that have gone into lockdown mode, including Beijing, Tianjin, and Chongqing. According to CCTV News, the Shanghai Municipal People's Government held a news conference on the prevention and control of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) at the Shanghai Center for Disease Control and Prevention (SCDC). During the press conference, Zhu Qinhao (朱勤皓), director-general of the Shanghai Civil Affairs Bureau, confirmed that most of the city's 13,000 residential communities had implemented the "closed community management" measures and entrance and exit restrictions.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

given the number of foreign nationals in shanghai // port shanghai

that have access to independant comms

one would expect that such a momnumentous event would be reported independantly

same for beijing - over 150 foreign embassies etc

but nothing

screw it - lets go with a single thread of possible tiawanese propaganda

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
china airlines :

flight CL 504 - departed shanghai - on time @ 11;44 GMT - heading taipei [ arives in 1h 12min ]

so much for " lock down "

also - ANSAC WYOMING - a singapore flag cargo vessel - departed nantong 4 hours ago - heading for the US

yup - total lockdown

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am an American living in Beijing and there is no lockdown that's just propaganda !

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

lets go with a single thread of possible tiawanese propaganda

OK, thanks.

I also read many articles on this site when I played the commodities markets back in the day. They are based in Greece and are an excellent source on all things shipping globally.

Shipping not immune from coronavirus
edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chinablast

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Shanghai 4 days ago. Video shows streets virtually deserted.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: double post

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm an American living in Shanghai. It was in the news today that Beijing was locked down and I'm being told that the time is coming for Shanghai within the next few days, but who knows. Right now, though we aren't on lockdown, a lot of places are closed, even though most places were supposed to open today.
Most apartment complexes and small compounds have their gates locked to any "outsiders."
If you have been outside Shanghai, anywhere, companies and apartments are asking you to self quarantine. We have sites that show the places where confirmed cases were found. They shut down all gyms the other day because a few cases were found in some. So yeah it's a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thanks. I have been in Shanghai and stayed for several weeks. Beautiful city with exception to the 24 / smog - fog - ozone cloud haze and that was several years ago. The Financial Center of China - Asia Pacific. That city hums along 24 / 7 with 1000's on the streets. The video is telling. The people are concerned.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: alldaylong

Thanks. I have been in Shanghai and stayed for several weeks. Beautiful city with exception to the 24 / smog - fog - ozone cloud haze and that was several years ago. The Financial Center of China - Asia Pacific. That city hums along 24 / 7 with 1000's on the streets. The video is telling. The people are concerned.

Shanghai annoys me because in general the bars close at 11pm.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Ah but what about McDonalds. You can get a happy meal to cheer yourself up. They were open 24 / 7 in Hong King

McDonalds - Shanghai

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This is true.

Thinking about it, where I stay in Shanghai there is no Mcdonald's near by, closest western food is Pizza Hut, but they close early and sell flat beer.

I let the burger craving build up. I spend the first few weeks eating Chinese food then crack and go for Mcdonalds

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.businesstraveller.com...

Some carriers suspending flights in and out so maybe on the horizon...
edit on 10-2-2020 by kingparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Looks like lockdown isn't the same as quarantine and those already in the city may not notice the early stages of the lockdown. The article states the procedures being followed involve checking the temperatures of people entering and leaving the city via roadblocks around the city's perimeter. It doesn't mean they're stopping all travel, it just means they're placing strict controls and monitoring of travelers. Seems like something they probably should have been doing the past 2 weeks already.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can't confirm anything, but the South China Morning Post seems to think something is going on in Beijing.

Nothing to see here, folks. Just move along ...
:
edit on 2020 2 10 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have confirmed via a China newspapers that both cities are in a "partial" lockdown. Here's the link to the story.

Beijing and Shanghai impose new controls on residents as China battles to contain coronavirus

Beijing and Shanghai impose new controls on residents as China battles to contain coronavirus Capital and financial centre, with combined population of over 44 million, join dozens of other cities in partial lockdown in bid to curtail spread of virus Mask-wearing in public made compulsory and curbs on movement of people and vehicles introduced in Beijing Shi Jiangtao Shi Jiangtao in Hong Kong/Beijing Published: 11:34pm, 10 Feb, 2020 Updated: 1:33am, 11 Feb, 2020

edit on 11-2-2020 by Waterglass because: removed label

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I found it. Its a "partial" lock down. Its really buried deep on the front page but you really have to scroll down to find it. See my post below with link. They do what the USA MSM does.

new topics

top topics

join