It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Flammable ice’ habitat holds tiny creatures, study finds Life always finds a way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The "life always finds a way" is my add but has anyone noticed that the better our instruments get and the more our scientist get out of their labs new form of life; call them "Extremophiles" in the current scientific vernacular..... but to them I would guess they think it is normal...if they think which is doubtful but nevertheless there be LIFE.

The analysis of methane hydrate — known as “flammable ice” — found that microscopic bubbles of oil and water within sheets of frozen gas and ice hold microscopic living creatures. It was completely unexpected. Space.com has a full report:

“In combination with the other evidence collected by my colleagues, my results showed that even under near-freezing temperatures, at extremely high pressures, with only heavy oil and saltwater for food-sources, life was flourishing and leaving its mark,” Dr. Stephen Bowden said. Bowden works at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, in the School of Geosciences.

www.mysterywire.com...
edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Fascinating stuff, but it makes me wonder if life has to gain a foothold in more hospitable environments and then evolve to be able to handle harsher environments, or if it can start from scratch in these extreme places.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There is a difference between life starting in those environments, which would be finding a way, and already existing and simply able to survive in said environment.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This type of "Life exists everywhere" situation is why I would not be surprised whatsoever if life is everywhere, in space too.

-Driver

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: E38Driver

Good things microbes can't see humans.

Because that would indicate a likelihood that humans would have awareness of their macrobes.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If you look at the evolution of life,there has to be a lot of coincidences and things go right for life to flourish.Many types of micro life died out due to conditions not being right..

top topics

join