It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I base it on history, just like everyone else. There are very few people who believe the numbers China is providing. They have a long tradition of limiting news that is harmful to their reputation as a superpower. This is not new by any means.

I quoted some statistics on this outbreak a while ago when people were claiming the mortality rate was 2-3%. I pointed out that, at that time, based on the number of deaths and the number of recoveries it appeared as though the mortality rate was 2%. However, the total number of deaths and recoveries combined was only 6% of the total number of cases reported. If that mortality rate was to remain constant until the remaining 94% of cases reached their final disposition that would equate to a 33.5% mortality rate. A far cry from 2-3%.

If you have 100 infected people, one dies and one recovers, that is not a 1% mortality rate. You still have 98% that have not reached a final group yet. The numbers we are seeing are incomplete and most likely outright lies.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Quote where I asked you to disprove the guy in the OP.

Have you seen anyone disprove it?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

BS: China does not have the capacity to diagnose 1.5 million people. Off the bat false statement.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Quote where I asked you to disprove the guy in the OP.

Have you seen anyone disprove it?

That's not asking you do disprove it. Nice try.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

And we have to keep repeating that because people cant understand.... they ate perfectly happy living in a bubble in which the premise for calculating fatality changes along the way even though it doesnt make sense.

Dead / dead + recovered * 100 = mortality in percent

Thats the only way you can do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Breaking News
China's coronavirus toll climbs to 1,500 while new cases fall

The coronavirus death tally mounted to 1,500 on Saturday but new infections fell following a mid-week surge caused by a change in the way cases are counted.
Over 66,000 people have now been infected in China from a virus that emerged in central Hubei province in December before spreading across the country a month later and causing global panic.
Some 1,700 medical workers have been infected, with six dying from the COVID-19 illness, officials said, underscoring the country’s struggle to contain the deepening health crisis.
Chinese President Xi Jinping acknowledged that the outbreak exposed “shortcomings” in the country’s health emergency response system.Battling the outbreak is a “big test for the country’s governance system and governance ability,” Xi said as he chaired a political meeting on government reforms this week, according to state media.
But the epidemic has continued to spread across China and hundreds of cases have emerged in more than two dozen countries.
In Singapore, which has 67 confirmed cases, the Roman Catholic Church said it was suspending all masses indefinitely to help prevent the spread of the virus and urged the faithful to follow services on YouTube or the radio.
The National Health Commission reported 143 new deaths on Saturday, with all but four in Hubei, raising the toll to 1,523.
The commission also reported 2,641 new cases of the COVID-19 strain, with the vast majority in Hubei.
There were over 4,800 cases reported in Hubei on Friday and 2,420 on Saturday.
The number of new confirmed cases has been steadily falling outside Hubei, with 221 infections reported on Saturday.
A top Chinese scientist had predicted that the epidemic could peak by the end of this month after the number of new cases had fallen earlier in the week.
The WHO cautioned that it was “way too early” to make any predictions about the disease’s trajectory.
On Thursday, 124 more people have been killed in the outbreak of the Corona virus in China, bringing the death toll to 1491.
Wuhan, the largest city in China, is extremely affected by the Corona virus, where the outbreak began.Worldwide, the number of people infected with the virus has reached 65,247.
Of the Corona virus-infected patients, 7,099 have recovered, but 10,608 people are in critical condition.The World Health Organization has named the corona virus as a disease (Covid 19).
Scientists around the world are busy developing the Corona virus vaccine.28 countries around the world are infected with the Corona virus, including China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, the United States, Malaysia, Germany, Taiwan, Macao, Vietnam, France, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Philippines, India, Great Britain, Russia, Italy, Nepal, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Finland, Sweden, Belgium and Spain.
All government and non-government activities are banned in at least 10 provinces in China and people are forced to live in their homes.All educational institutions, offices and factories are closed.
France, the United States, the United Kingdom, Egypt, Kenya, Rwanda and Russia have closed their flights to China.
On the other hand, a committee headed by Chinese President Xi Jinping has decided that the problem of illegal trade in wildlife must be dealt with.And it has to be "permanently banned".
The virus is believed to have originated from an animal market in Wuhan, a city in the province of Hubei.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Sure it isn't.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

BS: China does not have the capacity to diagnose 1.5 million people. Off the bat false statement.

It was a man a "whistleblower" giving his opinion (or maybe stating it as fact) on how big the actual number infected is. He never said that they were all diagnosed because as you pointed out China doesn't have the resources to diagnose that many in such a small period.

Now with 500 MILLION affected by the quarantine, 1.5m infected doesnt seem like such a large number after all.
edit on 2/15/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Psalm 91

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.

Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

I realise there's much difficulty in reconciling aspects of the Christian faith with modern sensibilities, but it is my sure conviction that we simply haven't yet fully understood exactly what is the implication of the Spirit of prophecy.

There is a line which I haven't been able to find yet (though I will be searching the various translations to see if my memory can be matched with the specific line I recall), regarding the way that the spirit of the prophet influences the way the gift of prophecy is made manifest in their pronouncements.

I read the Bible straight through in three weeks a few years back, and I found many rather wonderful things which have helped me to keep my head above water in testing times. I know that there are things which, taken at face value, appear very troubling (with perhaps ten particular sections which I simply cannot abide, and consider to be anomalous) but I have a feeling that there is a particular way in which the prophetic gift 'reads' a possible future, based on the projection of current events, if changes are not made, for example.

And there is another aspect, which is that despite face value, the pronouncements are not always cast in a context that the projected future would be a deliberate punishment from God, but rather the pronouncement is just a matter of fact, like reading the newspaper headlines of a future time - based on what will be seen if things work out as they are set to do based on current events. We have to remember that the world was a brutal place in Biblical & pre-Biblical times. Things which shock & offend us now would have been somewhat run-of-the-mill back then, despite being unsavoury. I do however, despite my uncertainty on certain points, find a great deal of comfort in the Psalms, alongside many other books of the Scripture.

I don't claim to understand everything, but I have had remarkable experiences as a Christian man, and my faith, my encounters with the Divine, the Infinite, the Christ, will never be taken from me. I cannot know the infinite in any full manner, but I can know that part of what has been revealed to me personally, in the depths of my heart & mind, is that God is good, and there's no two ways about that, it is simply fact.

So despite my ongoing struggles with some of the Biblical material, my encounters have given me sufficient faith that I will hold the difficult bits in a bag which says 'to be revealed', rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater, as many are wont to do. Be surprised, be amazed, and be open to the possibilities. I have confidence in the promises of the Most High - as it says in the above psalm, they are our armour & protection. Though a thousand fall...

Also a critical point to understand when assessing what the Biblical material is, is that a huge amount of data & depth of meaning is lost in translation. The Biblical Hebrew is an astonishing language, and if we were to read the material in its intended linguistic format, we would garner a wealth of meaning in the turn of a single phrase, in the name of a character, or a place name, which would contextualise the reading of a certain line in a manner which is remarkable to a high degree. It is one of my life goaing, ls to oeventually become proficient in Biblical Hebrew, as I would love to get into it with the proper understanding of the language it was intended to be understood with. The little I have heard about, in certain ministries which occasionally exposit the meanings from the original language, have convinced me that there is such a staggering amount lost in translation that we simply aren't sufficiently informed of the meanings, the context, the spirit & the letter, and so on. Worth bearing in mind - it's a game changer, real talk.

edit on FebruarySaturday2002CST04America/Chicago-060015 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

edit on FebruarySaturday2002CST04America/Chicago-060021 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Oh, here we go now God is responsible for Choroinovirus.

The main religions in China are Buddhism, Chinese folklore, Taoism Confucianism, and Christianity, among many others, but we are not even anywhere near the top of the list.

So i don't really see Yahweh having much of a dog in this fight if I'm honest.
edit on 15-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

God is not responsible you simpleton. Read with understanding rather than hackles up. Unbelievable.

Disease is a fact of life in this world - the point of the scripture quoted is that a life lived in dedication to the principle of righteousness, though it cannot be attained, brings certain rewards for effort. Which is how our humanistic world system works. Hence perhaps there are archetypal principles involved. And I wasn't referring to the religious makeup of China, I was referring to the manner in which a life lived as suggested may bring protection from such things, wherever you happen to live in the world.

edit on FebruarySaturday2002CST04America/Chicago-060025 by FlyInTheOintment because: Making it country simple.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm not the one reading Bibles nor quoting Psalms.

As to understanding, i understand the flu is bad, and Vitamin C is good.

What's unbelievable is in the Bible, ya simpleton. x

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So because they don't live there lives in a predominantly Christian manner they are somehow more susceptible than the rest of us?

And im the simpleton???!!!

Could not be anything to do with subpar healthcare and cleanliness, abject poverty or open-air markets per-chance?
edit on 15-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I also believe in the wonders of vitamin C. Are you policing this thread, saying that certain things can't be quoted? Is there something inherently bad about sharing scripture? Why is it bad? Why would you equate the reading of scripture with a non-scientific approach to disease prevention? I would follow all normal societal norms for disease prevention, but it is somewhat nice to consider the backdrop of what the world was like before science made everything so much more comfortable. It is my understanding that the world was much more magical back then. And having faith is generally seen as a good & positive influence in a person's life. Unless youu think all Christians are like the Westborough Bapitst fraudsters? You seem to have a narrow definition of Protestant Christianity. There's something like 9,000 denominations, but within the Protestant movement we all pretty much agree on the main points, and generally get on quite well. Many of us are scientists & medics - there's no clause saying that one's brain must be left at the door of the House of God. 9,000 denominations who agree on the basics, and differ only in style of worship. A flavour to suit every taste. A unifying, productive force for good in society. Wholly conflated in error with Islam, which is errant The Islamic 'religion' is a life control system, a collective which was designed entirely to undo the good work of the growing Christian faith in the Middle East, Europe & Africa. Islam came along & decimated so much of the good work done to date, and persisted in warring against Christ ever since. We are not related to them, and you should perhaps adjust your rather SIMPLE understanding of the faith you denigrate so readily.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm not policing anything.

But i am saying that scripture and Coronavirus are about as synonymous as chock and cheese.

Christened a Protestant myself mate in a church of Scotland no less, end of the day we are all Jock Tamson's bairns.

Tell you one thing, organized religious practice has killed more people than Choronovirus ever will, that's given, and perfectly illustrated time after time throughout recorded history.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So because they don't live there lives in a predominantly Christian manner they are somehow more susceptible than the rest of us?

No. For crying out loud, you're like a dog eating vomit here. I'm suggesting that we're all susceptible to disease, but that there is one lifeline that isn't readily understood because of bumpkins like your good self, which is simply to say that when you cast your cares on the Lord, He cares for you. It's a life change, and there's no guarantees. But your simplistic thinking betrays you, you cannot debate on equal terms, so you shake your stick & laugh, mocking that which you do not understand. Next you'll probably PM a member who can actually debate on equal terms, in an attempt to force your perspective over & above everything which runs counter to it. I don't consider you a worthy opponent, simply put. There's something about casting pearls before swine which means something in a situation like this. I know I should be turning the other cheek, but sometimes a fallacy must be answered, so that others can read into things in a little more depth than that which people like you would have steamrolled in order that you don't have to think too deeply or challege your own assumptions. I did my thinking on that front years ago, though it never truly stops, truth be told. I'm very, very comfortable with my assumptions these days, though I recognise that sometimes one may find oneself fighting a losing battle. Speaking truth to power is a thankless task, so basically I try to leave enough on the public record such that anyone checking the argument will see that the cookie-cutter fallacies you're spouting are weak & flimsy arguments when held up to the natural light of logic. Nobody can be truly sold on the idea of atheism & still be considered intellectually honest. The only intellectually honest position on the subject of the Divine is agnosticism, or a statement of faith because of personal experience. Give it a try, you'll like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well, you understand life by leading one.

Kind of hard to do with one's nose stuck in a bible.

But pray-tell, please tell me more of my shortcomings? LoL

Its not dog sick you should be worried about with enough of the stuff falling out your own puss. x

Logically Choronovius and made up Psalms written by Man 1000s of years ago have sweet feck all to do with one another.

And that's just how the cookie crumbles.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

You still are either missing or misrepresenting an important facts here.

Mortality rates and locations of the outbreaks

SARS in 2002 broke out in a farming community in the Guandong province in China. It was not in a particularly densely populated place. THE Morality rate of SARS ended up being about 9.6% (774 deaths from 8096 cases),

Then in 2012 we have MERS again it hit a relatively low population area, but had a morality rate of 34.4% (858 dead from 2495 cases).

So I use those two examples, because they are also coronaviruses. Covid-19 has hit in a densely populated city, in the most populace nation on the planet. Using the Jhons Hopkins CSSE dash board I see that as I type this there have been 60 368 cases resulting in 1370 deaths. THat gives a 2.3% mortality rate (with rounding) so far. MOST of those cases appear to be in Hubei province (48206 with 1310 deaths (thats a 2.7% mortality rate)). This virus does not have the same mortality rate as the closely related SARS and MERS ones, it happens to have hit a city of 11 million humans. I say again if ebola hit a densly popluated African city, rather than villiages it would be much worse, the average mortality rate (because different outbreaks have had different ones) is 40.4%, lets not even go to the Marberg virus (80% mortality) or Nipah (77.6%)

Where did I get these numbers? The CDC and WHO.

So yeah I call it fearmongering and or over reaction. Your facts are being misrepresented neighbour.

But you are comparing sara and mers who are both concluded with an ongoing outbreak.... thats #ing stupid.
So like others have mentioned... lets discuss mortality when Covid is concluded and all infections have either died or recovered.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Tell you one thing, organized religious practice has killed more people than Choronovirus ever will, that's given, and perfectly illustrated time after time throughout recorded history.

I'll tell you one thing - what you wrote above is a straw man, 'organised religion' murder is abhorrent, and has nothing to do with an intellectually honest assessment of one's position on the matter or faith & the Divine. I've said sod all anywhere that would suggest I'm a die-hard religious zealot. I've expressed my personal faith, which is organised by no-one but myself, so it has bugger all to do with the murderous Islamists who kill more people during Ramadan than Coronavirus has so far. And just because you're christened in a Protestant church, it doesn't make you a Christian. You are aligned with the teachings of the church whether you realise it or not, because you're a freedom loving Westerner. But unless you make a sustained effort to understand what it is that Christ actually brought about, then you're a natural man living a natural life. If you align with Christ, amazing things are possible. Being organised in a religious sense is usually a bad thing, if one takes it too seriously or gets tribal, such as the Unionists & Catholics in Ireland. I know that you're open to the truth of what I'm saying, adn I apolgise for the off-hand insults, I'm having a grumpy day. I'll give you an assurance that from here on out I won't insult you again. I approach everyone the same when it comes to sharing my faith, and the effect it's had on my life. We're imperfect creatures, and when all is said & done, we end up as friends in the Great Beyond.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join