It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When You Realize You Not Only Dodged a Bullet, but the Whole Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I really love this woman, completely and unconditionally. But on Saturday night the mask slipped off and she showed me exactly who she was. I can’t believe I didn’t see how ugly she was when we were together. I don’t mean physically, but internally. An ugly, petty person on the inside.

The type of person who goes through life manipulating and using people that love them. Then throws them away the second they become the least bit inconvenient. A textbook narcissist, that gets off on it.

I don’t know why I didn’t see it from the start. I guess sometimes when you fall in love you shield yourself from these type of things and only see what you want to see. I know I did. The only thing I regret is wasting this entire past year thinking and caring about her. And the crazy part is, I’m not even that hurt over it. Me being me I would expect myself to be depressed and really down right now. But I feel great. It’s like I really feel the sunshine on my face for the first time in almost a year.

I just want to thank her for showing me who she truly is, a petty ugly person who goes through life never even considering how her actions effect other people. And to think, I almost had a child with this damn woman. I really, genuinely feel like I dodged the biggest bullet on earth.

I truly just feel bad for her. Because all she knows is living a lie. Here’s to a bright future and the type of happiness that she’ll never, ever feel. And I can’t help but feel bad about that. But then again, that’s no ones fault but her own. So here’s to you. Thank you for showing me what I don’t want in a relationship. It was a hard earned lesson, but I can’t begin to describe how valuable it is.

Thank you for being you, finally.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I lot of us have been there.
When it was wrong and you truly KNOW it was wrong...you feel nothing but relief when it ends.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Is this the same woman you wrote about last year?

I always want more backstory to these, but it’s not really my business.

At least you can start off 2020 fresh,

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Seriously. I feel like I can breathe again for the first time in ages.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yep. Same woman.

I have nothing but a positive outlook on everything now. It’s amazing how much better you feel when you get rid of that type of negative energy in your life.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good riddance, good luck

youtu.be...

edit on 9-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

But she was gone and you were so sad. Gah, lol, I’m missing key elements of this romance.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That was when I still believed she was the person she showed me at first.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Good riddance, good luck

youtu.be...

Haha. Very fitting.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well good luck with the hemp farm.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You are welcome, sir 👍👍👍

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thanks! About to set up our greenhouses in the next week or two whenever they come in. And then we’re starting on the outdoor portion once spring is here.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My brother in law just got out of a toxic relationship.
We could see how she was making him miserable but sometimes the closest to the situation are the last to see the problem.

Fortunately you dodged an 18 year long noose around your neck.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

For real. I was so happy and excited about it at the time, but I’m lucky it just turned out to be a false alarm.

I really believed she was the person she showed me.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I really love this woman, completely and unconditionally. But on Saturday night the mask slipped off and she showed me exactly who she was. I can’t believe I didn’t see how ugly she was when we were together. I don’t mean physically, but internally. An ugly, petty person on the inside.

The type of person who goes through life manipulating and using people that love them. Then throws them away the second they become the least bit inconvenient. A textbook narcissist, that gets off on it.

I don’t know why I didn’t see it from the start. I guess sometimes when you fall in love you shield yourself from these type of things and only see what you want to see. I know I did. The only thing I regret is wasting this entire past year thinking and caring about her. And the crazy part is, I’m not even that hurt over it. Me being me I would expect myself to be depressed and really down right now. But I feel great. It’s like I really feel the sunshine on my face for the first time in almost a year.

I just want to thank her for showing me who she truly is, a petty ugly person who goes through life never even considering how her actions effect other people. And to think, I almost had a child with this damn woman. I really, genuinely feel like I dodged the biggest bullet on earth.

I truly just feel bad for her. Because all she knows is living a lie. Here’s to a bright future and the type of happiness that she’ll never, ever feel. And I can’t help but feel bad about that. But then again, that’s no ones fault but her own. So here’s to you. Thank you for showing me what I don’t want in a relationship. It was a hard earned lesson, but I can’t begin to describe how valuable it is.

Thank you for being you, finally.

CONGRATS.

That's a huge bullet to dodge.

Nothing quite like being married to misery.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

The thing that gets me, is that I can’t understand how someone can go through life using people that love them. I’ve been guilty of a lot of crap over the years but one thing I can say is that I’ve never done something that low.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

One of the most sage bits of advice I ever was told was “The one that cares the least controls the relationship.”

Hollow words when the pain is still stinging you. But in retrospect it is absolutely true. There is no shame in being the one that cared the most.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Very true. I don’t feel bad about loving her at all. The sad part is that I seriously doubt she’ll ever find anyone who loves her the way I do.

But it’s whatever at this point.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Been there a couple of times in the past. It hardens you and then a good partner comes around and your paranoia can screw it up. Then after screwing up you decide to take a chance and find someone that is you can trust and you look back at the last thirty six years and wonder how good of a life you have had together.

I am not saying that there are not some arguments, especially when you tell the wife the color of her car does not matter. Sooner or later you learn that Blue is the color her car has to be. And she has to pick out the shade of blue too.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Damn dude,
I see you met my sister
I am so sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join