It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China claims the Wu Flu is airborne

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: CharlesT

If one out of every 4 persons dies in a country and most of the others are sick. The country could start to collapse and then people start dying for other reasons.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. 1 in 4 people in China would literally amount to the entire population of the United States. You know, the third most populated country in the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Good thing I have a few gallons of Cavicide and Metricide here. I already clean with Dettol and Hexol as it is. Force of habit I guess.
... and no more Wish shopping... dammit.

Those chemicals are applied on a surface. The virus is in the air.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: JON666

Could they engineer this virus to be able to live on inorganic material

A virus will sleep on inorganic material, no problem, until the times is right.

This is a flu virus if it dries out its dead. Ad far as being airborne this is nothing new it was discovered all flu virus strains can be passed on by just the act of breathing. Depending on the environment it can stay airborne for several minutes maybe up to an hour.

Now everyone needs to calm down this strain of the flu appears to be no more lethal than the other flu viruses. It kills the elderly and the very young. Most people will just get sick and then recover as their body fights off the flu.

As for the virus itself as the weather warms up this will come to an abrupt halt just like the normal flu at the end of flu season.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Advantage
Good thing I have a few gallons of Cavicide and Metricide here. I already clean with Dettol and Hexol as it is. Force of habit I guess.
... and no more Wish shopping... dammit.

Those chemicals are applied on a surface. The virus is in the air.

Yeah, Im talking about in my house. Im not cleaning the supermarket.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: RazorV66
Thanks for that.
In my job as a mail carrier, I handle hundreds of China packages a week.

The gloves Klauss !
Get the gloves !

I do wear gloves but if it’s on the packages, then it will be on the gloves.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. 1 in 4 people in China would literally amount to the entire population of the United States.

I really do hope so. I have seen the 1 in 4 number quoted in the "real numbers" being leaked out of China.

It's kinda like 5G, there is a lot of info out there but you don't know what to trust. At least with the Wu Flu we will know how bad it really is sooner than later.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

NCoV is reported to be stable on fomites too and for a good length of time, more people could get it from that because no one likes to wash hands, just rinse and dry. Or you could even wash them and then touch something, then touch your mouth, nose or eye. It’s more like the common cold and has a longer incubation time than the flu.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
No, I went to a site another person posted last week. I'm looking at the number of cases reported and the number of deaths.

link

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, lysol and flamethrowers, got it.

Even better... A Lysol Flamethrower!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I look at it like this. China has to contain this disease 99 percent in their quarenteen zones. If they dont then they wont be able to stop it from spreading throughout their entire country. That's an almost impossible feat. So therefore it's only a matter of time until Pandora's box is opened.

Then, once it infects the entire nation of China, we as in the rest of the world has to keep the entire country of China...1.4 BILLION PEOPLE under quarantine indefinitely....yeah effing right like that's gonna happen!

This virus WILL make it's way around the world.
Our only hope is to hope we find a cure in time. But by the looks of it, this disease is a bioengineered weapon of mass destruction that has either been accidentally or purposefully released (either way the cat is out of the bag) so a vaccine isn't happening any time soon.

Now is the time start stockpiling canned goods and water. By the time everyone else starts to think about stockpiling it's already too late. Just pray that you live long enough to be able to eat your canned goods.

The media tries to downplay this as if it is just another SARS disease but ask yourself this, why is there more people in quarantine than there ever has been in the entire history of the world? Take account the entire population of the United state's top 50 most populated cities and it still wont add up to how many people are currently under quarantine in China.
edit on 2/9/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Had to delete a bunch of crap

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It kills the elderly and the very young.

Fortunately, it does not seem to have a very big effect on the young. According to a few different articles I've read.

Source

Seems children aren't that susceptible.

Time to get a dehumidifier! ....and stop buying goods off Amazon. We all know where they REALLY come from.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Understand your concern.
If you're handling packages all day, eventually: whatever's on your gloves gets spread around.

Has your union been made aware of these concerns ?
Do any 'package' companies irradiate the packages ?

Can't think of anyone whom would volunteer to have their 'package' irradiated...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

This is a flu virus if it dries out its dead. Ad far as being airborne this is nothing new it was discovered all flu virus strains can be passed on by just the act of breathing. Depending on the environment it can stay airborne for several minutes maybe up to an hour.

Now everyone needs to calm down this strain of the flu appears to be no more lethal than the other flu viruses. It kills the elderly and the very young. Most people will just get sick and then recover as their body fights off the flu.

As for the virus itself as the weather warms up this will come to an abrupt halt just like the normal flu at the end of flu season.

Tests have shown the virus can live up to 28 days on inanimate surfaces under proper conditions. Temp and humidity can alter the lifespan dramatically. Strangely enough, the higher the humidity the shorter the lifespan.

This virus is killing a lot of people, not just the sick and elderly. The mortality rate is not the only way of measuring the danger of a virus. What makes this virus of particular risk is that a) its still evolving, b) its highly communicable, c) symptoms do not show for up to two weeks after infection, d) the carrier is contagious before symptoms begin to show, and now e) the virus is apparently airborne.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

This is a good example of how woefully uninformed people are. Coronaviruses are absolutely NOT influenza viruses.

Soon we may start seeing improper use of N95 masks all over the place, as people turn their N95 masks into transmission vectors through ignorance.

I'm not mecessarily blaming the populace for being uninformed - things where any one individual's actions can affect humanity as a whole should have more education pushed by those who do know better.

Instead, we're left to Facebook and controlled media for dissemination (or non-dissemination) of information.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Canadian leading WHO team going to China, where coronavirus death toll tops 900

Canada's guilt shining through? Trudeau is stumping through Africa right now trying to secure a UN Security Council seat by spreading money like confetti to those downtrodden by gender.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Viruses are light, they get trapped in the secretions of a cough, sticking to the droplets and fall out of the air. But if a person is not yet mucousy, they can actually be coughed out dry enough to be carried in the air currents.

But you would think that the air being so polluted in Chinese cities would kill the viruses immediately. I suppose not all of that pollution causes viruses to die.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

if this is true

here we freaking go

the tin foil side of me wonders about the infectious disease BS3 lab is at the center of all this recently anounced its intention to go to BS4.....

knowing China it is super scary as they are known to cut corners as much as possible....

or maybe alittle payback for all the fentanyl China ships to the US

ETA in the US we have first rate medical care and it wouldnt really big issue if it comes here but in China people dont have the same acsess to the same medical standards the west has.......for crying out loud when i broke my finger the doctor in a real Chinese hospital gave me TCM(traditional Chinese medicine) for pain that i had to get from a scary lady in a store with bugs and snakes in jars.

i asked the doctor for Vicodin or something and he told me the bug drink would work better.

i HONESTLY gave it a chance and i ended up talking to a guy at a outside BBQ wearing alot of gold and no shirt for a few Vicodin

just a short story of my personal experience in China.
edit on 9-2-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Viruses are light, they get trapped in the secretions of a cough, sticking to the droplets and fall out of the air. But if a person is not yet mucousy, they can actually be coughed out dry enough to be carried in the air currents.

But you would think that the air being so polluted in Chinese cities would kill the viruses immediately. I suppose not all of that pollution causes viruses to die.

Airborne particulates actually help the spread of a virus. This is why china has the problem they do dense population and lots of airborne particulates for virus to attach to.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

not to mention people spit alllllll the time in public

and its not uncommon to see parents allowing children to pee and poo on the streets

China is gross and to crowded

go to a wet market if your ever in china if you want to get contact food poisoning

outside the major cities China is a 3ed world country......

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
All viruses constantly evolve all respiratory viruses follow certain rules. Thats why 2019-nCoV has very similar symptoms to the flu. It also is suspected to mave about the same mortality rate as data is acquired.

Curently the flu kills on average 1 percent of those who are considered severe cases. 2019-nCoV seems to run about 2 percent however having said that in the beginning of an outbreak, the initial cases that are identified “skew to the severe,” which may make the mortality rate seem higher than it is.

This is not near the problem the swine flu epidemic in 2009 caused it had a much higher death rate. How easily a virus spreads is known as the “basic reproduction number,” or R0.

The flu has an RO value of 1.3 meaning this is the number of people each case infects. 2019-nCoV appears to have a RO value of 2.2 problem is this number is likely skewed do to population densities in china.

By the way just to stop people from panicking swine flu was right at 2. And had a higher mortality rate. There is a lot of hype mostly because this is new and unknown.

They have started phase 1 clinical trial of a potential vaccine for 2019-nCoV. It is expected within 3 months we will have a vaccine for the virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join