It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump budget proposals $4.8 trillion over the next 10 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t support cuts to benefits American citizens receive. I would rather see the cuts to our endless and useless wars.

Deficit spending can never be reduced without benefit reductions.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But the amount the US tax payer pays for all these stupid pointless wars and the military in general is just total overkill.

Are you advocating that we have no military at all ?

Because from 1975 till 1990 we weren’t in any real wars . So all through that period the propagators of “free stuff” switched gears and just attack the military itself .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
trumps economy will be a thing of the past when the mkt crashes. And it will .....and the folks that still need 2 wage earners to maintain their standard of living will suffer the most. Are you ready?

www.forbes.com...

They’ve been saying the market was gonna crash since 2016 if Trump got elected .

Still waiting or wait a minute winning .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cutting foreign aid? Oh HELL YES.

Foreign aid is basically money laundering - USA gives money to Ukraine, they hire all the children of Democrat politicians to lucrative BS contracts.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would it? Or would Big Pharma pass on the costs to consumers

Try as I may. I still can’t figure out how big Pharma would pass on a out-of-pocket cost cut to consumers ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

But the amount the US tax payer pays for all these stupid pointless wars and the military in general is just total overkill.

Are you advocating that we have no military at all ?

No, I'm advocating conservatives do what conservatives are supposed to do by definition and cut down on actual excessive unnecessary spending.

You guys love to get all riled up about the tiny percentage of your tax dollars being used to help less fortunate fellow American citizens... but then don't even flinch when you here the military budget is a quarter of a trillion dollars.

It doesn't make any sense... its just petty vindictiveness.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'd go a bit further.

End all aid. We've got plenty of homeless people, veterans, etc. that should be getting our tax dollars instead.

Close at least 90% of military bases not in the United States and downsize the military. We only need enough to protect our borders and coastlines. We don't need to be invading other countries around the world for their resources or because they don't have a Rothschild controlled central bank.

While we're at it, end the Federal Reserve. It makes no sense to borrow our own currency with interest from banking cartels who don't have the money to begin with.

End the Patriot Act. Stop paying people to molest children at airports. If the airlines want security, they can pay for it themselves. We could also save a lot of money by not having the NSA spy on everyone.

I totally agree! I wonder how much that domestic spying costs anyway...

-Driver

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

A 1/3 of our budget each year is a tiny percentage ?

Actually with my comment on the military I wanted to explain how naïve the left is. They don’t seem to Understand that not funding the military will cost more .

Look at it this way .

If you have a rental property worth $50,000 and you provide maintenance and upkeep on it for 20 years. You have protected your investment at minimal cost .

Now if you have another rental property worth $50,000 that you neglect and scavenge from . In 20 years you’ve got a pile of # that doesn’t work and can’t do what it’s designed for .

We’ve got to have a military.

What’s better maintaining the existing military ?

Or kicking over a crap pile and starting from scratch .

Which is what we’re doing now because of Obama .
edit on 10-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would it? Or would Big Pharma pass on the costs to consumers

Try as I may. I still can’t figure out how big Pharma would pass on a out-of-pocket cost cut to consumers ?

And I still don't see any Blue Chip corporation cutting prices altruistically, at the detriment of the share holders.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24936460]Subaeruginosa[/post
You guys love to get all riled up about the tiny percentage of your tax dollars being used to help less fortunate fellow American citizens...

Are you out of your mind? Tiny percentage?

n fiscal year 2016, which ended this past Sept. 30, the federal government spent just under $4 trillion, and about $2.7 trillion – more than two-thirds of the total – went for various kinds of social insurance (Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, unemployment compensation, veterans benefits and the like). Another $604 billion, or 15.3% of total spending, went for national defense

www.pewresearch.org...

$2.7 trillion is a tiny percentage?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
$4.8 is chump change to the democrats $50+trillion green new deal + free collage for all + free health care for all.

All this will be paid from your tax dollars and super high taxes on all you.

TANSTAAFL "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" Robert A. Heinlein

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There is a racial/sex identity element to getting gov aid too. My GF and I both were unemployed at the same time, both applied for food stamps. She got a phone call asking if she was pregnant and then got the card a month later. I was told I was uneledgable. Being a white male was the only difference on our application.

a reply to: Fallingdown

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join