It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump budget proposals $4.8 trillion over the next 10 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Proposes $4.8 trillion budget cut over the next 10 years.

Liberals are not gonna like this we’ve got to take the house back.

I’m gonna give my take on everything let’s hear everybody else’s.

In all, the White House is seeking to cut $4.4 trillion in federal spending over the next 10 years, including reductions in spending on food stamps and federal disability benefits through more stringent work and eligibility requirements.

Get to work freeloaders!

Modifications in Medicare prescription-drug pricing would account for $130 billion in savings.

Not only will that help Medicare prescription drug pricing. It will help the entire country. But that would be a win for the mean orange man so the current house will definitely work against it out of spite. Americans be damn!

Working together, the Congress can reduce drug prices substantially from current levels," Trump said during last week's State of the Union address. "I have been speaking to Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa and others in the Congress in order to get something on drug pricing done, and done properly. I am calling for bipartisan legislation that achieves the goal of dramatically lowering prescription drug prices. Get a bill to my desk, and I will sign it into law without delay."

Enough said

Foreign aid would be reduced by 21 percent, in keeping with the president's push to have other countries pay what he calls their "fair share" for their own defense. Trump's temporary suspension of aid to Ukraine helped trigger impeachment proceedings; one of Republicans' defenses was that the president has long sought to suspend or reduce U.S. financial commitments overseas -- especially to notoriously corrupt countries.

Echoing Rand Paul 2016 . “ quit giving money to countries that hate us” let’s just add crooks and free loaders to that statement.

Foreign aid is like giving a allowance to angry children and must end.

Europe and the rest of the world complain about us getting involved in their business. But I don’t hear any complaints when they got their hands out.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would face a massive 26-percent reduction in funding. The Trump administration has rolled back Obama-era EPA regulations and oversight, saying they have hurt the economy for little benefit.

Again the left will ignore the fact that regulations rolled back have been turned over to state control. Which should suggest a reduction in funding.

Not to mention deregulation has been a big boost to the economy.

The proposal also would cut the Department of Housing and Urban Development's budget by 15 percent, while incorporating $2.8 billion for grants to help combat homelessness.

I have no doubt that the 15% cut to HUD was at the suggestion Ben Carlson who was tasked with cutting waste. Smart man and I can count on one hand the people whose judgment I trust in DC . He’s one of them.

Homeland Security's budget would grow by 3 percent

Don’t like that one. If it was any bigger I would be completely against it. The only reason they deserve a budget increase is that if it had to do with protecting the southern border. (nobody’s perfect)

Fox News reported this weekend on the budget's 12-percent hike in NASA funding, with the goal of returning astronauts to the moon. No one has been to the moon since 1972 under NASA's now-shuttered Apollo program.
Since taking office, Trump has made space exploration one of its top priorities, and his administration has set a target of 2024 for the next lunar landing.

Mars?

Or maybe a permanent base to establish dominance and control over everything orbiting the earth. SPACE FORCE?

Trump’s budget specifically would increase NASA spending from about $22.6 billion to $25.2 billion in fiscal 2021, one of the biggest spending increases requested since the 1990s.

Something is definitely going on up there and from the theories it sounds like Money well spent.

If the budget passed it would be a $480 billion reduction on spending each year.

Thak that Obama

Question is how are the Democrats going to screw this up because they’re throwing a temper tantrum.

Take the house keep the Senate if we want any resemblance of this proposal
edit on 9-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It is a good start , still a long way to go in my opinion . Smaller and more efficient Government should be a priority .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Proposes $4.8 trillion budget cut over the next 10 years.
Liberals are not gonna like this we’ve got to take the house back.
Enough said

"Enough said"
Yup, speaks volumes. you should give yourself a medal.
edit on 9-2-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure why a 10 year plan, it assumes the party will be in charge for the next 10 years. 5 years is very likely, any plans after that..anybodies guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

It is a good start

Yup

You’ve gotta start somewhere .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

If the budget passes which I doubt .

Like you said the Republicans would have to be in control for the next 10 years. If the Democrats change it they would be left holding the bag by adding to the deficit again .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

If the budget passes which I doubt .

Like you said the Republicans would have to be in control for the next 10 years. If the Democrats change it they would be left holding the bag by adding to the deficit again .

Wash rinse repeat, it never gets old.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This is something I can really get behind.

Like you said though, I'm hoping some of the foreign aid, starting with naughty goberments gets dialed back. The endless wars are another great opportunity to save some cash flow.

This will really depend on congress though... So I doubt it gets passed until we see how 2020 pans out.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don’t support cuts to benefits American citizens receive. I would rather see the cuts to our endless and useless wars.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t support cuts to benefits American citizens receive. I would rather see the cuts to our endless and useless wars.

Ideally the last thing that gets gutted are things some Americans need.

There are plenty of things normal Americans don't need that the feds blow money on. Let's start there and work our way back.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don’t support” Schiffless “ Americans that are able to work. Making a conscious decision not to work because they can receive handouts while sitting on their ass .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

I don’t support” Schiffless “ Americans that are able to work. Making a conscious decision not to work because they can receive handouts while sitting on their ass .

I agree, but there are those who need it. There needs to be some criteria that's better maintained looking at this. Currently, I'm told it's a lawyers game. First application is always turned down, some go away defeated, some get lawyers, who exploit loopholes, and get results. Which leads to some who shouldn't be getting these bennies winning, and some who really need this denied. Seems it's a sore spot for a lot of folks. Probably best to work hard and be sure you can take care of you and yours I suppose.

It's a conundrum. We need less government, but more oversight. it doesn't work like that. Thus, the problem.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If Trump was actually interested in really making America great again, then he'd increase spending on welfare Initiatives, then cut down on all that ridiculous military spending.

... just saying.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'd go a bit further.

End all aid. We've got plenty of homeless people, veterans, etc. that should be getting our tax dollars instead.

Close at least 90% of military bases not in the United States and downsize the military. We only need enough to protect our borders and coastlines. We don't need to be invading other countries around the world for their resources or because they don't have a Rothschild controlled central bank.

While we're at it, end the Federal Reserve. It makes no sense to borrow our own currency with interest from banking cartels who don't have the money to begin with.

End the Patriot Act. Stop paying people to molest children at airports. If the airlines want security, they can pay for it themselves. We could also save a lot of money by not having the NSA spy on everyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

If Trump was actually interested in really making America great again, then he'd increase spending on welfare Initiatives, then cut down on all that ridiculous military spending.

... just saying.
We have to maintain parity with our near peer competitors and adversaries, I think we can cut the fat a bit.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

... just saying.

that and open those damn borders up, amirite?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So, the other day we get the Administration looking to address wasteful spending.

Now, we have tbe administration looking to tightening up the belt with the 4.8 trillion in cuts, something I think a lot of people support.

The fact of the matter is, Trump is finally shaking the proverbial money streams, entire underground Gov. unsurpers will be losing their cash cows and cookie jars.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd much rather my tax dollars to towards families in the US than wars that are taking from us and those we occupy.

Could welfare programs see an overhaul to more effectively use money, resources, and put people in a position to succeed? Absolutely. Is that first on my priority list? Nope. We could tackle far bigger money pits.

I am happy to at least see this as part of the conversation. And I also understand if you really want legislation to pack a punch, you have to aim high and negotiate some things out.

I'd be far more happy if American programs are the ones nixed in lieu of other things.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

... just saying.
We have to maintain parity with our near peer competitors and adversaries, I think we can cut the fat a bit.

I get that.

But the amount the US tax payer pays for all these stupid pointless wars and the military in general is just total overkill.

How can any tax payer support cutting off there follow citizens to these quality of life benefits, well at the same time, also supporting the mind-bogglingly large amount of money the government spends on the MIC... it just makes no logical sense!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Do you know how much welfare fraud there is?

My wife use to be a CVS Manager, shes got stories for days of people rolling in luxury cars, buying alcohol with CC and using their "LoneStar" card on food items.

You realize entire peoples have and are abusing the system? Right? Brother, I came from that Lower Economic Stratification, both inner city and sticks, let me tell you something, entire blocks of people know how to game the system for a Lone Star card, hell, even WE DID IT ONCE, best SIX(6) months of subsidized food for us at the Taxpayer dime.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join