It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intensity of negative behavior toward US citizens based on politics does not go "both ways"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Democratic supporter Michael J. Fox complained:

I was watching the debate last night, and it occurred to me, I love all the Democratic nominees and I have respect for all of them, but they’re all yelling at me,” Fox said as he introduced Buttigieg at a rally in New Hampshire on Saturday. He singled out Sen. Bernie Sanders as an example. “I’m sitting there going, ‘Why are you yelling at me, Bernie, what did I do to you?’” he said as the crowd laughed. “They’re all screaming
He was upset that all the professional political candidates for President in 2020 spent much of their time yelling at voters.
www.breitbart.com...

I had noticed this because progressive/liberals/Dems have spent an inordinate amount of time and twisted faces condemning actual voters who did not vote for Hillary. I had failed to notice how the Dem candidates have been screaming at Dem voters also.

The DNC is ignoring the many assaults by their supporters directed toward people who wear hats/t-shirts with a message they don't want people to see. In past posts I got the number of those assaulted by progressives/liberals/Democrats wrong, I will admit. I overestimated it and must say I was wrong.

It is 360+ people beaten by progressive/liberals/Dems for wearing a hat or t-shirt Dems disapprove of. milnenews.com... (this link has the actual list of those beaten for wearing something that publicly showed they did not vote the way the DNC wanted them to vote) This averages every 3 days, for the past 3 years, a progressive/liberal/Democrat/leftist assaults someone wearing a hat or t-shirt with a message they disapprove of.

I know that conservative/Republicans have called Dems names like snowflake, Demtard, etc. I know some protesting groups on both sides have gotten out of hand and riled up by the chanting and yelling, and crossed the line into violence. They were wrong to do so.

However, I have yet to see documented a single conservative walking up to a total stranger, minding their own business, and beat the cr#@p out of them for wearing a Bernie/Hillary/Biden/Warren etc hat or t-shirt.

Groups of people do get out of control, on both sides and do awful things. But this is a new phenomenon: individuals, alone, walking up to a total stranger, on the street, or ordering at Starbucks, or sitting at a table, minding their own business - then assaulting them because of their hat or t-shirt with a message progressive/liberals/Dems feel should be censored from public view. This is terrorism, random assaults on people going about life and minding their own business who the terrorist knows, does not have the same belief system, (in this case political) as the assaulter.

The latest development could be happening because not one single Democratic leader has decried this terrorism and said "stop it". Thereby tacitly, out of their silence, and looking the other way, supporting this violence based simply on the victim having a belief system that is different from the Democrats.

Now from what Michael J Fox observed, the 2020 candidates are screaming at their own voters for not having a "correct" belief system or being "woke" enough to suit the Democratic candidates. How sad.

If you don't think this is a systemic problem within the progressive/liberal/Democratic die hard supporters, take a look at how it has escalated.

Law enforcement officials in Jacksonville, Florida, said on Saturday that a man intentionally rammed his van into a tent of pro-Trump volunteers who were registering voters.
www.theblaze.com...

This IS terrorism. Terrorism based on the person doing the attacking feeling like the people he/she is attacking do not have the "correct way of thinking". Have you heard about the attempted mowing down of Republicans in a registration tent, anywhere on the mainstream news? If you have I'd be shocked. Have any Democratic leaders stepped up to condemn this? Not that I know of.

How can you compare calling a person:
a snowflake, a libtard, a Demorat
to:
calling them racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/smelly Walmart voter/deplorable/bible clinger
and THEN assaulting people one disagrees with politically with near impunity
and THEN starting to attempt to mow down, terrorist style, people in a Republican voter registration tent

NO the negative behavior does not go both ways - not in intensity - not in the violence, real terroristic violence - where the violence is one on one - one person minding their own business being attacked not at a rally, not by a group - but by a lone terrorist over 360 times in 3 years.

So to those of you who say both sides do this equally, wake up and look at reality - unless you think assaults that land teens and the elderly in the hospital - and running down people with cars is the same as calling someone a snowflake. THEY ARE NOT EQUAL!!!

If you think people with MAGA hats on or who are in a Republican tent deserve to be run down or assaulted - wake up - this is turning people away from progressivism/liberalism/the Democratic Party.

Since when did terroristic activities, and telling people they are downright disgustingly smelly and evil (ie ists/isms) get them to want to vote for you, or even consider your platform?

Do you really think scowling, and mumbling under your breath with a sour face, at the news that more minorities are employed at higher wages then ever before in the history of the nation will get minorities to stay in your political lane or believe you really care about them?

Really, the progressives/liberals/Democrats need to examine how they are treating US Citizens, voters, people who actually go to the polls and vote.

People know that most politicians don't keep their promises, so the best measure is how they treat others. You can run on about the silly names Republicans use, or you can acknowledge that the behavior of progressives/liberals/Democrats turns more people away from your ideology than it attracts.

edit on 2/9/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Spot on!!

Excellent post!

S&F!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Interesting and somewhat relative to Christianity and preachers in the church
I have noted many who yell and rant at the congregation, almost in anger and demeaning. I have noted it so often in charismatic churches, talking down and in anger, anger, arrogance and superiority.
I expect it’s because the message is so baseless and stupid that inciting emotion and superiority is the only way to get a reaction.
That this happens in politics is not surprising though I have not noticed it

Pretty silly of people to swallow this contempt and allow themselves to be patronised by fools

I won’t stay in a church where some trumped up arrogant minister yells at the people who pay his or her wage. Surprises me other do

Finally, these preachers won’t allow themselves to be questioned.

Interesting op, find it relevant, wonder if it’s across other aspects of life

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Adolf Hitler was angry too. A monster but he gave one heck of an emotional speech. Looks like all of the Democrats have read his books

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I know this means nothing to many, but : Revelation 2:2

“I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:”

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's awfully hard for me to watch all the multi-millionaire politicians scream and rant about income inequality in America. They're the ones who set policy, and none of them have any intention of changing it for the better.

Buttigieg ranting that he'll fix healthcare, and if we like our policy we can keep it was a rather humorous statement. Deja vu!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Violence In The Name Of Trump

It goes both ways. It is complete head burying to say otherwise and that it's only name calling from the right. Article above outlines many examples. Completely ridiculous assertion given, y'know, facts. These days self-admitting as a Democrat will get me bashed around here, but I still acknowledge the stupid acts and unacceptable violence from leftists too. However, Trump has at times advocated violence against his opponents and detractors, I have not seen that from left-leaning candidates. Open to examples otherwise. Meanwhile both sides engage in constant petty name calling rather than any attempt to find common ground.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree but it's the minority far left. I would assume most reasonable left-leaning folks cringe when they hear about physical violence or emotional outbursts against Republicans.

It definitely does seem one sided today. However there are still a lot of white nationalists , as shown in Charlottesville. Which seem to be the far right opposite. Oddly, while sharing same levels of hate, they seem to be much more controlled and less vocal..

Politifact was reporting an increase in hate crimes in general. www.politifact.com...

It's not just the radical anti-trumpers that are getting worse but seemingly all groups. I think it's a bit of a stretch to define the far left as terrorists when there are thousands of terrorists blowing people up every week across other countries.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The two kinds of hardcore democrats I see a lot are either the super-angry-that-their-team-didn't-get-an-impeachment-miracle-last-week brigade or they're starting to say the "The DNC is incompetent; I don't even want to vote anymore."

This is the important part so take it for what you will: the reason they have been trying to overthrow President Trump in the courts and in congress is structural. They won't be able to create a pretext to nullify his presidency and reverse his judicial picks and key legislation if they just beat him at the ballot box. They can't risk formal recognition of his presidency by simply running against him in the general.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

You're just reinforcing the OP.

Violent leftist assaults are almost 400% higher than those committed by Trump supporters. And that's not even getting into property damage and vandalism.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The far left Democrats and almost all the main presidential candidates are jerks. It is either you are with us or you are against us. They are rude activists that will destroy their democratic party. Gabbi does not seem to be that way and neither does one other, but they will have zero chance of being selected.
edit on 9-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

You're just reinforcing the OP.

Violent leftist assaults are almost 400% higher than those committed by Trump supporters. And that's not even getting into property damage and vandalism.

So one is worse than the other....??

How about, they are equally dumb?

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Adolf Hitler was angry too. A monster but he gave one heck of an emotional speech. Looks like all of the Democrats have read his books

Ya!!

Pretty sure Trump has read, and an admirer to boot..uh oh

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I appreciate the OP, and it's all true. I think EVERYBODY knows it's true, but even the self-proclaimed "moderate" democrats hate Trump and his supporters so much that they completely deny the truth and cry "Charlotesville white racists!" every single time a MAGA hat wearing person or group is assaulted.

Again, I appreciate the thread, but you're going to see the same old same old responses over and over and over and over....
edit on 9-2-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You Trumpsters are addicts of victim mentality.
Soon we'll have threads about "silent genocide" of Trump supporters.
Lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Joe Biden Is intensely angry. He just insulted and embarrassed a New Hampshire voter.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Lol.

That's pretty rich, and typical to boot. As the OP pointed out, the champions of victim-hood, the bearers of all victim accusing labels such as "racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/smelly Walmart voter/deplorable/bible clinger" thinks Trump supporters are babies for bitching about constant and well documented assaults.

But I digress. You won't change. Dialogue is, and has been over with in this country for years.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lol.

LOL, the way it normally works is you bring supporting evidence to your claim. If all you do is call some names and then use some hyperbole to highlight ignorance coupled with poor debate skills, nobody really cares.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Lol.

That's pretty rich, and typical to boot. As the OP pointed out, the champions of victim-hood, the bearers of all victim accusing labels such as "racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/smelly Walmart voter/deplorable/bible clinger" thinks Trump supporters are babies for bitching about constant and well documented assaults.

But I digress. You won't change. Dialogue is, and has been over with in this country for years.

Most of you Trumpsters are evangelicals in disguise.
You guys have experience in moaning and whining every december about war on Christmass and Christians. Now you moan every day.
I bet 90% of these "assaults" happen because an average Trump fan boy lives in a delusion that every American loves Trump and what he stands for. You can bet that people will fight back when you try to shove Trump and the MAGA kool-aid down their throat.
Hell. These assaults were not a thing in USA until Trump got elected. I wonder why?! Maybe because the orange god is the most divisive partisan hack president of all time?!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Interesting and somewhat relative to Christianity and preachers in the church
I have noted many who yell and rant at the congregation, almost in anger and demeaning. I have noted it so often in charismatic churches, talking down and in anger, anger, arrogance and superiority.

You have noticed? You go to church much? I'm not religious but if a preacher did that they they would lose much of their congregation. If you are referring to evangelist type screaming that is seen as a positive event to build their religious frenzy for the sermon.

edit on 9-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join