It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agencies Use Cellphone Location Data for Immigration Enforcement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I don’t see how you can talk about illegals being good people when their first act is to intentionally try to bypass the laws of our country. A “honest person” does things the right way and earns their right to be a part of this great nation.

These illegal invaders are not “honest people” by definition.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I can't read most of the story in my country, so I may be missing something, but from what I can read I don't really understand where there is a problem. The cops have been using phone location data to track people's movements for the last 20 years. It's normal in a court case for the cops to use phone location data to show that a person waswasn't in a specific area when a crime was committed.

If the same handset shows up at every location where a serial flasher is, then there's a good chance that the handset belongs to the flasher.

If somebody requires deporting for some reason. Either because they don't have a valid visa or they violate the terms of their visa then surely using their location to locate them is OK?

Or are we talking about using some kind of AI to trawl location data to determine who might be an illegal, or something (Sorry, again, this news story isn't letting me view everything in my country so I can't read all of the details).

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: strongfp

I don’t see how you can talk about illegals being good people when their first act is to intentionally try to bypass the laws of our country. A “honest person” does things the right way and earns their right to be a part of this great nation.

These illegal invaders are not “honest people” by definition.

On one level I agree with you, people should respect the laws of the land, but a lot of these people have no real chance of getting in legally and they are often desperate and see this as the only way.

I don't know if you you have a family, a husbandwifechildren, but I think that it goes without saying that most of us would do almost anything for our families.

I'm against killing other people. It's wrong on every level, but if and intruder came into your child's bedroom at night with the intent to do them harm I would give you a free pass if you beat them to death with your bear hands.

When somebody comes from a country that is stricken with poverty and crime, and they see the chance to cross the border to get a better life for their family, they will take it.

Being desperate and doing something illegal is very different from doing something illegal out of malice or greed.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I hope you can understand that there are billions of poor desperate persons in this world. When thousands rush the border as they have done recently our desperation is to repel this invasion. We in the US make up a tiny fraction of the global population. We can not handle this kind of influx of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join