It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America’s longest war about to come to an end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

America has exhausted all of its military options in Afghanistan and is left with little choice but to forge ahead in peace talks with the Taliban, Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. Asad M. Khan said Monday, underscoring the high stakes of grueling negotiations.

In an exclusive interview with The Washington Times, Mr. Khan said the two sides have reached a crucial moment — despite continued Taliban attacks and a spike in American strikes against the radical Islamist movement’s top targets — to solidify a cease-fire agreement that could wind down two decades of conflict and bring to a close the longest war in U.S. history.

With 'no military solution' in sight, U.S. forced to talk peace with Taliban despite ongoing attacks

With the heart breaking reports today of US troops ambushed, killed in Afghanistan. I searched to see how the peace deal is going.

You don't see much pushed in the MSM about this peace deal. I can only guess that is because it's Trump.

As far as I am concerned, it dosen't have to be a great deal. I would take a little bit bad deal, just to get out of there. Because getting out of there makes it a great deal. As long as we don't have to drop billions in cash to the Taliban.

I hope the peace deal happens soon, it could happen any day now. I think the President is ready to make a poor deal in return for a great deal.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well there have sadly been causalities on both sides and in the middle with civilians being killed. While you are fair to assume this news is not reported because of Trump. Consider the fact that any ME stuff is fairly unreported in the MSM between both Obama and Trump.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Consider the fact that any ME stuff is fairly unreported in the MSM between both Obama and Trump.

That is a good point.

I can't believe where this story is placed on the page and the negative spin that is put on it.

We are talking about the end of our longest war!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Afghanistan is a dead zone. The Persian lost it, the Greek lost it, Mongol lost it, British lost it, Soviet had to leave it.

Buddhism died there, it is a cursed land for aggressive players.

Just wait til US starts invading China, it is going to be hell for everyone.

Aggression doesn't work against Asia that is fact.
edit on 8-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Quick someone order a "Mission Accomplished" banner and string it across a carrier.

What a utter debacle

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

What a utter debacle

It sure is.

That's why we should just leave if no deal can be made.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The war against radical Islam has been going on in earnest since Charles ‘The Hammer” Martel beat those savages back off the Iberian peninsula.

Radical Islam is an ethos bereft of humanity and only understands the sword.

This is a war to be fought over millennia or the world will fall to shadow...

And we who created a culture which saw men walk on the moon will be made to bow to the magic moon god Of Arabia..

-Chris

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

We don't need to be in their country to "beat those savages back". It can be done from afar.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: FredT

What a utter debacle

It sure is.

That's why we should just leave if no deal can be made.

Exactly, they were were killing each other before the US was even a country and will continue to do so long after.

The only thing to do is to contain them. Iran will on one side for the reasons listed int eh above sentence. We just need to worry about the other sides

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Just wait til US starts invading China, it is going to be hell for everyone. Aggression doesn't work against Asia that is fact.

From current events it looks like bio-weapons would work quite well.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been there. It's a wasteland. Always will be a wasteland. Any country where the majority of housing is still built of wet dried mud in 2020 will always be a wasteland. Thousands of years and still nobody sees any value in it other than some bands of lawless butt munches. They don't even frown on knocking up a 12 year old. That's how bad it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Thousands of years and still nobody sees any value in it

That all changed when rare earth minerals became in high demand.

There is a lot of value seen in Afghanistan today.

edit on 8-2-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well he got us out of Iraq, so there is hope.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Afghsnistan needs to be left alone.

The british and Russians really did a number on the area of the world for a long time squeezing out any sort of progression. All because it was simply a buffer between russia and india.

Shame it's a hot spot for opium, they will never get a break.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Just wait til US starts invading China, it is going to be hell for everyone.

When dis wun happen why
Sum dum gui say so
I eat won ton of soup
Man who drop watch in toilet have shifty time
edit on 8-2-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Isn't the war on drugs been longer it was started in the 70's? Or the war on Poverty started in the 60's under LBJ.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Just wait til US starts invading China, it is going to be hell for everyone. Aggression doesn't work against Asia that is fact.

From current events it looks like bio-weapons would work quite well.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Bioweapon is not god approved. India will be next hit with bioweapon if this continues. Biowarfare = Nuclear warfare. Karma is already hitting US by the looks of it.
edit on 8-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here I thought wha?? Something happening in Korea?

Oh Afgan...
Moving along.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ah, blind to the problem. Guerrilla warfare. Can anyone name me a country where a far larger army goes into a "backward" country with guerrilla army of minor numbers and weaponry and come out winning?
Indo-china for the French. South Africa, Kenya etc. for the British. Korea, Vietnam now Afghanistan for the Americans. The list goes on.
There is only one solution in these situations and that is an impossibility, and that is to kill everyone. Don't like that answer heh? But it is what it is because that "native" will smile at you, give you a drink and be your ultimate friend, then when your backs turned stab you.
The most sane answer is not to go into these places in the first place because a snake will always be a snake. Leave them to do to themselves what they want to do, bbbuuuttt, keep them well in their place, do not give them a home in your country as they WILL revert to being a snake.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well it makes us look bad. We spent billions of dollars and 3 president s with different policies only to end up with a bunch of dead bodies and a peace agreement that could have happened 10 years ago.

Noyhing has changed though. The taliban is still directing terrorism and yhe u.s. is still bombing people in other countries for various agendas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join