It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Debt Increased by $3 Trillion During Donald Trump's Three Years as President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Trump is doing a good job at driving the economy, but Congress needs to control spending.

Like they did the first two years of his Presidency?

Anyone who thinks there is a difference between when the Republicans control the Congress versus when it's the Democrats is deluding themselves.

I did not say Democrats, I said Congress. That means everyone, both parties.

I will say that I place more blame on Democrats though, because any actual change would require bipartisan support. Spending can not be reigned in without social spending cuts. Democrats absolutely refuse to allow that, and Republicans would immediately be voted out if they tried it. In the end, both parties absolutely suck.
edit on 9-2-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And I asked if they curtailed spending when it was all Republican controlled. The answer is 'no'.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

And I asked if they curtailed spending when it was all Republican controlled. The answer is 'no'.

That's what both parties means.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Tell that to the poster I was replying to.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The problem is that the interest on that debt is a huge chunk of change,

That is a big problem, but the problem is that the 'money' required to pay the interest on the debt is not created when new money is borrowed into circulation.

Anyone who thinks the debt can ever be paid off under the current fiat/debt based system doesn't understand how the system works.

Google 'Modern Money Mechanics', a booklet put out by The Federal Reserve long time ago that explains this in great detail.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Tell that to the poster I was replying to.

Ok. Hey OccamsRazor04, both parties suck.

I told him.

The point of the post you were replying to was that Congress, not the President controls spending. It was not a post saying we need to get Republicans back in office to control spending. Republicans can't do it eve if they wanted to, which I see little evidence of.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

You go realize that when Trump took office we were already spending at a deficit of over a trillion a year right?

Building a surplus of jobs is necessary prior to messing with that because reducing the deficit will require many govt workers to be laid off.

Jaden
edit on 9-2-2020 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ok. Hey OccamsRazor04, both parties suck.

I told him.

Not you, the poster on the previous page. They seem to think having an 'R' in front of your name makes a difference when it comes to the budget.

The point of the post you were replying to was that Congress, not the President controls spending.

The poster I quoted clearly said, 'Adding more debt than the previous President'.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Why even bring this up? Trump can do no wrong!! Don’t bring up pesky things like details. Just lie about it. Or better yet .. but but but Obama!!

Yup.. Democrats have tried so hard to demonize trump that it tricked Republicans to turn trump into a infallible God...

I think both trunp supporters and yaters have lost their collective minds.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
These horrendous deficits are my greatest disappointment with Trump, who seems unconcerned about them. Yes, he tries to cut waste and trim able-bodied leeches from the public teat, but he’s always finding ways of his own to increase spending. It’s unconscionable to heap this debt on the generations that succeed us. They’ll be paying interest on it all their lives and debt service will consume an increasing portion of the budget.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No one here is living in even the slightest reality what so ever, not even a clue. How long do you think this is sustainable ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
he should not have given the top 1% trillions in tax breaks obama took office in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression trump took over a good growing economy and he hasnt created anymore jobs in his first 3 years than Obama did his last three those are facts they can twist it around and use trump numbers but it don't
change anything it's been a steady climb since 2010 Clinton balanced the budget and Bush started deregulating and giving big business the power and sold the trickle down economics which has never worked to us again and working people lost there pensions and savings while the bankers and investment firms leaders that caused the mess where still getting millions in bonuses and the economy will crash again that is a given wow there is no sanitya reply to: rickymouse

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
that went to tax cuts for the rich look it up and look at what those companies did with it most went to buying there stock back or going it to there share holders the stock market should not be a guide to how the economy is doing and someone making millions or billions should not get by with paying no taxes like trump said he did a reply to: St Udio

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As soon as the we can get the house and Senate on our side and stop these petty squabbles nearly anything will get done.
How long did the dems sit on USMCA?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You gotta Spend Money to Make Money ................Wisely .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The GOP used to be the party of fiscal responsibility. Both parties will be forced to reevaluate their economic policy when the market crashes. And it will.....and it will be trumps cross to bare. Do you think trumps presidency can withstand a mkt crash?

www.forbes.com...
edit on 9-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2020 by olaru12 because: another semi colon

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Congress sets the spending. Trump is cornered by the MSM co-conspirators with the current House and the Democrats. If he doesn't sign it he's the ultimate evil the MSM will hound without mercy, poisoning the electorate and shattering the confidence of the people (the economy)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well, the national debt increased about seven and a half Trillion under Obama, so under Trump, the rate stayed about the same. But Trump said he was going to reduce it, which he evidently hasn't. It would be hard to reduce a debt like that, the interest on the increase during Obama's rein made it much harder to stop increasing.

Trump can't fathom how much interest is on that debt, I do not care how much anyone tries to reduce it it is going to be hard. The problem is he should not have said he was going to get it down, he had no clue as to how big a problem it is to turn it the other way.

Technically he did....if Obama created 7 1/2 trillion and Trump only 3 tril in 4 years then he is on track to reduce the debt.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Well, the national debt increased about seven and a half Trillion under Obama, so under Trump, the rate stayed about the same. But Trump said he was going to reduce it, which he evidently hasn't. It would be hard to reduce a debt like that, the interest on the increase during Obama's rein made it much harder to stop increasing.

Trump can't fathom how much interest is on that debt, I do not care how much anyone tries to reduce it it is going to be hard. The problem is he should not have said he was going to get it down, he had no clue as to how big a problem it is to turn it the other way.

Technically he did....if Obama created 7 1/2 trillion and Trump only 3 tril in 4 years then he is on track to reduce the debt.

Failed economics did we....

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Hardly a debt, more like a balance of trade.

Ever asked yourself who this “debt” is owed to?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join