It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Debt Increased by $3 Trillion During Donald Trump's Three Years as President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Blame whomever you choose.

Doesn't matter.

The debt cannot be rectified short of a reset, and a reset will collapse the world economies.

So what do you do? You fake it.

What else are you going to do?

Either way you're screwed.

I honestly feel sorry for those that are willfully (or otherwise) BELIEVING WE ARE TURNING IT AROUND!!! 😂🤣🤣

Those in that category are REALLY going feel the hammer when it drops.

The possibility of "IF" was lost decades ago..now it's all about "when".

Enjoy it when it lasts I suppose.🤷🏽‍♂️

edit on 2/8/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Fallingdown
National debt for fiscal year under Obama .

2008.....1 trillion
2009.....1.6 trillion
2010....,1.9 trillion

Total 4.5 trillion

Trump first three years 3 trillion per your source

I believe that adds up to Winning!!!

Obama added the most dollar amount of debt than any other president, at a little less than 9 trillion in eight years.

Trump may or may not beat that.

Doesn't look like winning to me.

According to those numbers, he's on pace to add less debt than Obama.

So if you can cut taxes, restore military funding, and grow the economy, all while adding less debt than the previous President did during the same period in his presidency, I don't see how you can't at least think that's good. If you don't wanna use the loaded term "winning," acceptable.

For the record, I'd like him to take a stronger stand on balancing the budget. Maybe after the election, hopefully. I don't care if the government has to be "shut down" for a year.

All of your arguments ignore the fact that he hasn’t done anything to address or mitigate the coming bust. In fact, most of his actions are making it worse.

So you can't refute anything I said and instead make baseless doom predictions for the future. Got it.

Same people telling you he's gonna crash the economy told you it would never recover from the election night plunge too.

You need better sources man, they really are making you look like a fool.

I already refuted all your points, you just chose to ignore the information because it doesn’t suit your paradigm. At any rate, I don’t have “sources” for that info. I’ve got hundreds of hours of reading and research that led me to those conclusions. Just like they led me to be warning people in 06 and 07 about the collapse of 08. They sounded just like you at the time.

You didn't actually refute anything. Lying doesn't help your case any more than posting the absolute highest estimates you can find does in order to make things as bad as you want them to be. The economy is fine. You've been lied to for 3 straight years about this guy and you absolutely refuse to learn. Sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Increased 9 billion under Obama, using the same methodology as this garbage. Also, "you shouldn't be afraid, but it should keep you up at night" basically just means, "I was offered money for my opinion, so here's some click-bait nonsense for your bottom dweller readers."

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wasn’t taking anything personally I just thought it should be brought up .

Now here we are in agreement .

BTW this is what I usually post for a wisecrack or sarcasm .

Groucho speaks volumes for context.

But emojis aren’t used much around here .

So I have tried to refrain .

Take Care

FD

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No, I'm not happy about this in the least. I have a son who is likely going to have to deal with fallout from this crap when he's an adult.

I'd be tickled pink if another viable party could offer a solution, but that would mean fiscal responsibility from the Democrats. I won't hold my breath.

So I'll stick with the Don for now. Hopefully he'll get another 4 years to make a dent.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

AND? What are you complaining about?

America is THRIVING - and - our Military is better than it's been in over a decade plus we have the Space Force!

When Obama sent the debt ceiling sky high - what did we get?

NOTHING...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

During Obama's Presidency, the National Debt exceeded GDP, but at least he reigned it back in again.

Trump has let it go. That's where he has been pulling his economic presents from. He paid for them on credit.

I suppose he knows he doesn't have long and then it will be someone else's problem.

edit on 8/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Fallingdown
National debt for fiscal year under Obama .

2008.....1 trillion
2009.....1.6 trillion
2010....,1.9 trillion

Total 4.5 trillion

Trump first three years 3 trillion per your source

I believe that adds up to Winning!!!

Obama added the most dollar amount of debt than any other president, at a little less than 9 trillion in eight years.

Trump may or may not beat that.

Doesn't look like winning to me.

According to those numbers, he's on pace to add less debt than Obama.

So if you can cut taxes, restore military funding, and grow the economy, all while adding less debt than the previous President did during the same period in his presidency, I don't see how you can't at least think that's good. If you don't wanna use the loaded term "winning," acceptable.

For the record, I'd like him to take a stronger stand on balancing the budget. Maybe after the election, hopefully. I don't care if the government has to be "shut down" for a year.

All of your arguments ignore the fact that he hasn’t done anything to address or mitigate the coming bust. In fact, most of his actions are making it worse.

So you can't refute anything I said and instead make baseless doom predictions for the future. Got it.

Same people telling you he's gonna crash the economy told you it would never recover from the election night plunge too.

You need better sources man, they really are making you look like a fool.

I already refuted all your points, you just chose to ignore the information because it doesn’t suit your paradigm. At any rate, I don’t have “sources” for that info. I’ve got hundreds of hours of reading and research that led me to those conclusions. Just like they led me to be warning people in 06 and 07 about the collapse of 08. They sounded just like you at the time.

You didn't actually refute anything. Lying doesn't help your case any more than posting the absolute highest estimates you can find does in order to make things as bad as you want them to be. The economy is fine. You've been lied to for 3 straight years about this guy and you absolutely refuse to learn. Sad.

That might be true if the sources I use for economic indicators came from trump bashers. They don’t. I follow more new school economists. The ones largely banned from us media and narrative, and the ones who also predicted the 08 crash when all the establishment economists (you know, the ones you get your figures from?) were saying how great the economy was.

If you think the us economy is strong and stable you are living in a fantasy world. It’s teetering on a cliff. Stock market “growth” is a bubble, inflated by stock buybacks. When it busts the ripple effects will push all the companies who took massive loans at low or no interest (and that’s almost all of them) to the brink of insolvency. At which point they’ll all come demanding a bailout, greater than the last one.

Or are you one of those deluded dreamers who think all of that is just going to magically go away?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

If we end the fed we wont owe any of it....
Except for the dept china owns i guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Like I always told all the right-wingers freaking out about the debt in terms of dollars during the Obama administration, same goes now. Its Debt:GDP ratio that matters. If the debt had gone up $3T in 1950, we woukd have been belly-up. Over the last 3 years, Debt:GDP has barely changed, and is forecast to trend downward

Source with data and charts

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Everyone knows the market is inflated. It's been that way since not long into Obama's presidency. That's not new school economics, that's basic economics. The economy is still in good shape. Market bubbles happen all the time, I hate to tell you. They're usually not as bad as '08 but you're not sitting on any revolutionary information. And you still didn't refute anything in any of my posts.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Democrats never care

they never did. when it came down to it, both parties are the same thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
you could turn it around.
you just end fake wars.
thats an extra trillion per year, and in 20 years, no more debt.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

In addition to what Rickymouse said:

Well, the national debt increased about seven and a half Trillion under Obama, so under Trump, the rate stayed about the same. But Trump said he was going to reduce it, which he evidently hasn't. It would be hard to reduce a debt like that, the interest on the increase during Obama's rein made it much harder to stop increasing.

Trump can't fathom how much interest is on that debt, I do not care how much anyone tries to reduce it it is going to be hard. The problem is he should not have said he was going to get it down, he had no clue as to how big a problem it is to turn it the other way.

With all the resistance President Trump has faced it's a wonder he's been able to have any wins in office let alone so many. He's practically blocked at every turn by every Democrat in Congress. I'm convinced that if he proposed something they've been fighting for years that they'd reject it in spite.

Also, it's difficult to only blame president Obama for the same reason - Congress is a thing after all.

Still, it is an issue that needs to be addressed and soon.
edit on 9-2-2020 by filthyphilanthropist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ok, who did he give the money to and dollar amounts. Name names.
That’s not what trump did, just because it’s something you heard on CNN.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: pexx421

Everyone knows the market is inflated. It's been that way since not long into Obama's presidency. That's not new school economics, that's basic economics. The economy is still in good shape. Market bubbles happen all the time, I hate to tell you. They're usually not as bad as '08 but you're not sitting on any revolutionary information. And you still didn't refute anything in any of my posts.

No, no. Sorry man, “the new school economics” refers to “the new school” of New York. It’s not new, it’s been around for quite some time. But their models run contrary to the neoliberal model of the Chicago school economists that dominate today’s media and narrative. Their modeling of economics take into account money and debt, which the neoliberal model ignores. The Chicago school economists are based upon a trade model that pretends we all barter goods for goods, and ignore the effects of debt, currency, speculation, and market controls by government and corporate power and influence. Which is why they completely failed to predict the 08 bust, and have no way to predict realistic outcomes for our financial shenanigans and current social and economic behaviors. That’s why our economists keep coming up with stupid ideas on how to fix the economy that don’t work, and just lead to a steady decline and constant cyclical crashes.

They have set up the system so the cyclical busts keep cleaning out the retirements and savings of the middle class while the rich just keep getting richer. But, whatever.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Ok, who did he give the money to and dollar amounts. Name names.
That’s not what trump did, just because it’s something you heard on CNN.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

I'll tell you who. The bottom 40% of the country. They are seeing the largest wage growths.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

...all while adding less debt than the previous President...

Translation: It's like getting kicked in the nuts less harder. Wooooo! Winning!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...all while adding less debt than the previous President...

Translation: It's like getting kicked in the nuts less harder. Wooooo! Winning!!!!!

I would say it's more like you have a vice squeezing your nuts, and now someone is loosening it. Yes, it still is hurting, but it's getting better.
Trump is doing a good job at driving the economy, but Congress needs to control spending.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Trump is doing a good job at driving the economy, but Congress needs to control spending.

Like they did the first two years of his Presidency?

Anyone who thinks there is a difference between when the Republicans control the Congress versus when it's the Democrats is deluding themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join