It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The XT-5A: A new Chinese Drone has Broken Cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sadly, there's not a lot to share other than the picture. Note: this is NOT the Dark Sword UCAV. It's far, far too small. It's also very different in the intake and the exhaust. The exhaust here reminds me of the old Firebee drones by Teledyne Ryan from back in the day. In fact, this looks like an updated version of that. More modern aerodynamics and all that.

My Chinese is going to take a loooong while to work my way through that placard. I am likely to find a translation or summation prior to my finishing my own translation.

I /think/ is that this is a target drone. This is pure speculation as I haven't started digging into the translation yet as I am going to be slammed today and tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

I /think/ is that this is a target drone. This is pure speculation as I haven't started digging into the translation yet as I am going to be slammed today and tomorrow.

No real electronic payload or wing placements, so yes a target drone.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Translated

ETA: Strang, the pic translated will not post. Mods?

edit on 8-2-2020 by CoramDeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have to be honest here it looks like an EXACT knockoff of a Ryan Firebee drone

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I can see differences.

However, there are very strong resemblances.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good Job China.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nothing new. The Chinese have been copying the US Ryan Firebee ever since examples crashed or were shot down during the 1960s.

Chinese copies of the Ryan Firebee mounted on Soviet supplied Tu-4 Bull which was a reverse engineered B-29 Superfortress.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

TX-5 series UAV is a kind of UAV flying under the conditions of high altitude and high pressure. The structure and airborne equipment are updated and improved based on the original reconnaissance aircraft. This model will be jointly developed by Tianxin Tonghang (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd. and a factory of the Chinese People's Liberation Army and AVIC Hongdu Group to launch a series of models. TX-5 series UAVs have no landing gear and other take-off and landing devices. They need rocket boosters or mother aircraft to fly. After completing the mission, the ground support command vehicle guides the aircraft into the intended recovery area. It comes with a parachute for land or water. Recycle. In the field of military applications: this model can evolve into unmanned target aircraft or highly mobile wingman. The wingman series models can not only "team" with some of our main force stealth fighters, improve the survivability of the main fighters, and enhance the ability to coordinate attack; Independently perform special tasks or serve as target aircraft for live ammunition training at a very low cost, improve our army's combat capabilities, maintain regional peace, and play a vital role in our army's unmanned combat system in the future. In civil applications: This series of UAVs can be used for multi-purpose applications such as aerial photography, geological surveys or atmospheric sampling.

Translated the Chinese symbols.

Interesting aircraft. That it has no landing gear seems to be part of it's affordability as an expendable drone? Curious what exactly "a very low cost" is in dollars.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Using yandex translate.

TX-5A no man
Weight
TX-5A type No Man Machine
High-altitude multi-use day machine
Machine length 8.9717 meters .
Machine height 2.1845 m
Machine
Key area 10.624 square meters (including the body part )
Empty 1060 kg
Fuel oil weight 620 kg ,
Large cast 1680 kg
| Power device / Taiwan ZF850B Street hair machine, the sea plane static stop single
Maximum thrust 850 KL /8.33 cattle
途800 - 890 千 米小时 the way 800-890 thousand meters hours ,
Magnetic flight height greater than 18000 days
Total dry process is greater than 2500 dry rice ,
400 thousand meters away from the dealer
Duration 3 hours
主 主 功高 空 打 击机 无机高 空 空 摄 主 main function of high air hitting machine without machine high air photography or
TX-5 Series is a kind of unmanned aerial vehicles flying under high-altitude, high-speed parts, in the original investigation
On the basis of the machine structure, on-board equipment and other updates and improvements. The aircraft will be operated by Sky Communications (North
Beijing) Science and Technology Co., Ltd. and a Chinese people's Liberation Army plant, the aviation industry Hongdu group
Common push out Series models .TX-5 Series unmanned aerial vehicle (AVs) is a non-aerial aerial vehicle (Avs).
Emperor booster or master with flying, after the completion of the task, the Ground Safety Command to guide the aircraft into the return
军地 域 , 其自 带 落 落 进 进 行 陆地 地水上 收 收在军 事用 域 域 域 : 型 型号 演 演地 域 , its self-landing land or water recovery in military applications: this model can be cast
It is not only a stealth combat machine with the main force of our army , but also a high-powered machine.
Team", enhance the main force fighting machine survival ability, enhance the ability to fight; at the same time , but also at a very low
Cost - effective, independent execution of special tasks or when the machine for real ammunition training, enhance the ability of our military products 、
To protect the area and the peace, in the future we have no people in the war system to play a crucial role. In the civilian applications
Field of application: this series of models can be used for high-altitude aerial photography, Geological Survey or large gas sampling and other multi-function
Type field machine with flying fire
Enterprise back
Can use.

top topics

join