It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it worse to get an depression/anxiety prescription than to drink all the time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Traptomisprime

The pot will not help with anxiety, I used to self medicate and pot was a huge problem when I was younger, as others have said alcohol is a depressant. However if your mind is in a more stable place, mental addiction isn't an issue and you understand how it affects you then cannabis can be a useful thing.

For me the biggest help was learning to feel content, I definitely wasn't content in my youth... I've never been diagnosed as bi polar and I don't exhibit any signs but I do know that when I was younger and always buzzed up on various things a real good time would be followed by a nasty crash. Learn to be content, don't take things to extremes and learn to say no.

Get a hobby, learn some skills find something that keeps you busy and takes planning and care but not too much effort or stress. Gardening was mentioned, it's great for passing time.

As for tablets they can help, it'll most likely take time but it will help. If you go that route remember to keep yourself stable and safe whilst remembering keeping active and looking after yourself.

If you have any questions fire away, I've dealt with the black dog since a youth so I have a bit experience and it seems others here do too, perspective and experience is always worth listening to

All the best, break that rusty cage

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You do realize that most of the medications/Elixirs from 1800s back in the day contained feel good drugs!
Cocaine, Opium, Alcohol..... oh you didn't have to ask.....it was automatically in the meds!
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just know that everyone deals with their emotions and situations differently. Some people cant deal at all with some events.
And that's ok, too, as long as you seek legit help.
I've been on antidepressants off and on most of my 57 years.
The best therapist that I ever had helped me to see that some of my issues stemmed from genetics..
This right after my neice committed suicide but before my nephew committed suicide.
People can look down their noses at me and I don't care!
At least I'm dealing with these heavy feelings and I'm not cutting.
I was doing that in the late 70s before it was a thing. That just proves that inner turmoil doesn't just disappear because your eating and exerciseing.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join