It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it worse to get an depression/anxiety prescription than to drink all the time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just Been drinking alot more lately from stress from life and work and stuff, i worry alot about anything and everything some times ill just think in cirlces about my problem. But im scared a prescription would take that inner spark away that i have that i feel like makes me different from everyone else. But i also feel like i look like a degenerate with how i look. Plus your always so tired when you drink alot. So i thought id seek the advice of random strangers.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Traptomisprime

Stranger here.

I'm on depression/anxiety meds and they help. The trick is finding the right meds at the right dosage. I always got off ones that made me feel like a zombie or too out of it. Now I am normalized but had to try different meds first.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

How about instead you work out your issues and solve them?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because some people just can't find the answer fast enough.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Because sometimes the cause is neurological. Think of it this way, if someone like you gets anxious about a dangerous situation, you get a shot of adrenaline and you deal with it. If someone like me is in that same situation it might trigger a response ten times worse in my brain and either give me a panic attack or shut me down completely for days. If you haven't had that experience there's no way you would understand that all the logical thinking and relaxation techniques in the world will not help. I've tried all the techniques. Nothing worked and I will not drown my sorrows with alcohol. I have cousins and a stepdad that are all dry alcoholics now but they went through years of hell when they were drinking.

Night Star is exactly right. I went through four different meds over five years until I found the right combination that makes me feel and react normally. Too much and it deadens you, not enough and you have extreme panic issues.
edit on 8-2-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Traptomisprime
Just Been drinking alot more lately from stress from life and work and stuff, i worry alot about anything and everything some times ill just think in cirlces about my problem. But im scared a prescription would take that inner spark away that i have that i feel like makes me different from everyone else. But i also feel like i look like a degenerate with how i look. Plus your always so tired when you drink alot. So i thought id seek the advice of random strangers.

You can't mask problems.......... Get some counselling, I find gardening

very therapeutical, tires the body and gives you thinking time.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What ones are you on if you dont mind me asking. I just feel like i smoke so much weed and drink so often to kind of get my mind off of stress and it leads to memory loss and stuff. I know when im in my zone im an amazing person but when im out of it i just seem, well out of it. When i smoke Dmt i feel alot better for acouple of days but that sort of just heightens my perspective it dosent help with the memory thing lol

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

There are too many people who think that everyone fits into a box like we are all the same. Everyone has problems or can run into highly stressful moments, but not everyone reacts/deals with things in the same way.

I could give many examples of why I decided to go on meds, but I don't need to tell my life story.
At least some of us get it.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

i completely agree you cant mask problems but some times your situation requires you to try. I get from some one whos life is put together it could seem dumb, but when you cant think of anything except for problems then you create more problems in your life and justify them with old problems then sit around and be depressed about your old problems and new problems its enough to make you want to #ing kill yourself honestly

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'll send you a Private message. But what works for me may not work best for you. It's all trial and error until you find what works best for you.

I am on something for nerve damage that affects memory. Good Lord! LOL But better to take the med than to have sharp burning debilitating pain.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Did your dealer tell you that?
Two follow up questions: how did they observe/measure the chemical activity in your brain?
If they know so exactly what's wrong "neurological" why does it take that many attempts before they guess what drugs might work for you?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Traptomisprime
a reply to: eletheia

i completely agree you cant mask problems but some times your situation requires you to try. I get from some one whos life is put together it could seem dumb, but when you cant think of anything except for problems then you create more problems in your life and justify them with old problems then sit around and be depressed about your old problems and new problems its enough to make you want to #ing kill yourself honestly

www.addictioncenter.com...

The majority of Americans don’t have any more of a problem with maryjane than they do with alcohol. Some states have even legalized recreational use. This doesn’t mean marijuana use is risk-free.
The psychological consequences of prolonged maryjane use aren’t completely understood. Some studies suggest that addiction may increase the chances of developing mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, motivational disorder and schizophrenia.

I'm afraid there no easy answer,

Acchievement gives the greatest buzz......

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Just a reminder that alcohol is a serious depressant.
Try to wean yourself off it slowly, replacing it with healthier alternatives.

It can seem to help with pain, but you’re drowning and throwing gasoline on a fire won’t help that.

You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers while you try to get a better balance to your life. I don’t know what sort of problems you are going through, and it is none of my business, but I sincerely wish you the best in working them out without the crutch of alcohol.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
here is the cure.

1. work out everyday. gym everyday. you should lift 3 days a week. 1 day chest, 1 day back, 1 day heavy legs. cardio rest of the week.

2. eat all natural food. its simple. you can still eat burgers fries, chips. just buy ALL NATURAL.

3. socialize, hook up. if you gotta pay for it,pay for it. it will keep you sane.

4. turn off the newz

if you cannot afford a gym, then go running 30 minutes per day EVERYDAY for 1 month straight.
once you are addicted to the elevated endorphin levels, and maintaining youth and endurance, you will never look back.

when we were cavemen, no one was depressed. in the 1800s, no one was depressed.

you have too much time on your hands, thats all it is.

turn off the media, never ever watch the newz ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

... and put some omega3 over your food.
Start a diary to focus on what was good, or progress during the day.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Did your dealer tell you that?
Two follow up questions: how did they observe/measure the chemical activity in your brain?
If they know so exactly what's wrong "neurological" why does it take that many attempts before they guess what drugs might work for you?

I'm not even going to bother, you obviously don't care or you wouldn't have started out with "did your dealer tell you that?"

Try educating yourself before making stupid comments like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Plenty of people were depressed in the 1800's. I'm sure all of your suggestions are truly helpful to wveryone, but saying no one in the 1800's was depressed is just untrue.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Swallow your pills, kill your liver, shrink your brain...
Really not my problem.
Just don't delude yourself into believing your doctors are interested in helping you, they're part of an industry that is only interested in keeping you as a customer(addicted) because of money.

read more

Plus also don't pretend you didn't answer my questions because I expressed myself the way I did.
You didn't answer them because there is no reliable method and because you know that's why the trial and error is the course of action.
edit on 8-2-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Of course they were not depressed in the 1800’s. They didnt know what the hell depression was. But melancholia.... oh they had that.

Enjoy this great article from some source you will never trust.

Glance at me

edit on 8-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join