It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Science Fiction Movies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Who Know some good Sci-fi Movies?

List them all

2016 - Present only (If its really good and made before 2016 that's an exception)

edit on Sat Feb 8 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmightyGawd
I liked Dune

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Altered Carbon is a really good sci-fi TV series on netflix. Second season coming later this month.
Ex Machina - About a genius who is creating the most life-like AI robot in private.
All i can think of at the moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I watched a couple episodes of this it was good. I don't know why i stopped watching it but, i'm going to start again.

link   

I watched a couple episodes of this it was good. I don't know why i stopped watching it but, i'm going to start again.

link   
Moon

Although a little older than the criteria, release in 2009, Moon is a very overlooked sci-fie gem. It's hard to say much about the plot without giving it away. It's about a lone miner running a moon-base mining operation. At the end of 3 years he should be returning to earth to his wife.

But not all is as it appears.

Great twists in this movie that is basically acted by one person with a few others to support him here and there. Such as conversations with his wife back on earth.

Not all is as it appears. Will the moon miner make it back to earth? Again I can't say much else without giving away the plot twists.

ETA trailer:

edit on 8-2-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

Where can i watch this film? Sounds really good

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes and it looks like you have a lot of online options to watch it. Available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Vudu, and Fandango Now.

I am sure it is available other ways as well. I hope you find a way to watch it. Because if you are in the mood for a good sci-fie movie, this is definitly worth the watch. It'll leave you thinking with all the twists, long after it is over. A lot more thought-provoking, and entertaining that a lot of sci-fie fluff films that spend many times more for better CGI and explosions with flimsy plots.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thanks! I'm actually going to go watch the film now on Netflix.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Cool. Let us know what you thought of it when you're done.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ooooh, that looks like a great movie! Will watch it later today.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
These two I loved and recommend

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Hard to find any good movies in that time frame....lol

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Movie was a 10/10 for me , What really got me thinking is ..i had the subtitle on and when the clone called home to eve , eve said "dad" then it said [original sam] "who's asking for mom" .. So if im right the original sam was in space for 3 years and was sent home, they just made copies from his brain or some sort to make clones that only last for 3 years and then they die?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlmightyGawd

Movie was a 10/10 for me , What really got me thinking is ..i had the subtitle on and when the clone called home to eve , eve said "dad" then it said [original sam] "who's asking for mom" .. So if im right the original sam was in space for 3 years and was sent home, they just made copies from his brain or some sort to make clones that only last for 3 years and then they die?

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Warning to all reading that this is spoiler info...

When I originally watched it that's the inference I got. That when he returned they had clones of him. And I think he didn't even realize it. A tragic story for all of the human clones of him that were forever trapped in space with false implanted memories, with hopes that would never be fulfilled, with only a 3-year life span. Your heart breaks for them. But also what type of immoral company would do such a thing. Really makes you think about the lines of morality and what is ethical when dealing with things such as clones.
edit on 8-2-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not new, but a freakin' epic Russian sci-fi flick from years ago that I consider my favorite movie (and book)

Prisoners of Power/The Inhabited Island

I've only ever found the movie with English subtitles on Dailymotion, but it's WELL worth having to read them. It's technically two films, so it's a long watch, but it's damn good long watch

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

couldn't get into the first episode then binge watched the rest

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

watched upgrade thoroughly enjoyed it

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

couldn't get into the first episode then binge watched the rest

The cyber torture was brutal... Taking torture to a new level.. That was hard to watch.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You're gonna have to expand your criteria to pre-2016.

Here's a couple:

Solaris (2002):

12 Monkeys:

edit on 8-2-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join