It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Today, I was thinking about tattoos. Not getting one, I already have one. I had one inked about 30 years ago with a needle thread and india ink. It was a heart that had the words "fukin die" in the middle. It was mispelled because the mentally retarded sailor I had do it apparently had no idea how to spell. Also there was a bit of alcohol intake involved. A few years later I had a real tattooist cover it up. It was the same idea, a heart that said "#ing die" but spelled correctly in the center of a heart and an added bit of art being a dragon wrapped around it and clutching the heart.

So what is the point of this? Well recently two middle aged women I know went out and got tattoos. More power to them you know? I mean I don't care either way, but doesn't the fact that tattoo's are so "normy normal" now sort of kill the whole mystique of them? It used to be bikers, sailors, bad asses, and old barfly ladies that were practically the only people that would get them. Now you have grandma's getting them. It just sort of ruins it for me. It really does. Tattoo's are just not cool anymore, they are just common. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the same.

Also, here was my inspiration. I was REALLY into the Pixies at the time. Their first album Surfa Rosa (which later became very famous because of the movie Fight Club) had just come out - you know, "where is my mind"). I had that as a cassette tape and I listened to it nonstop while I served aboard the USS Bainbridge wondering how I went from being in Nuclear Engineering school to fixing toilets...The frustration in my poor young soul was limitless. Anyway, here is the snippet that inspired my clinically dumb tattoo:

WHich is followed by this incredible song:

"fukin die" Link as it seems the vid is broken:

youtu.be...

Anyway, are tattoo's still rebel or not?

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: ..

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: ..

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: jeezus

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: fukin die

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
gotta get them on your face for that clout clout

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
gotta get them on your face for that clout clout

Charles angel?

www.mirror.co.uk...

The vid in that link isn't the best Charles Manson quip out there, but somehow his reasoning for the forehead swastika was a Beatles lyric. Maybe I am not so different than Charlie afta-all. I just never could go all out and carve things into my forehead. Maybe I will announce my intentions at the next family dinner.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: Charles Manson is not cool at all.

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: .

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

a penis wouldve been way more dank imao

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a penis wouldve been way more dank imao

I award you this musical morphine for saying that:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
holy god

from your link ahhaaghha

Prison guard cut 'intercourse hole' in trousers for secret sex sessions with gangster

www.mirror.co.uk...

sooo gangsta haha

oh wait it thought it was gangsta on gangsta hah
edit on 7-2-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"Grandmas" got their tattoos before you were born, kiddo. My own tattoo is fifty years old. You think you are cool because you got something insipid like "#in' die"? That's just laughable. No class, kiddo. No class at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was thinking about getting a Mormon Jesus across the chest

with

only GAWD can judge me

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

i had 3 tattoos when i was in the merchant navy one was a jc on my arm even though i am not catholic the second is a big arse eagle on my back both done with needle and ink the 3rd was a spider on my shoulder done properly in hong kong and yeah all done after copulas amount of alcohol my eagle looks pretty good jc looks like he's melted and lately my grand son had a large lions head on his arm and shoulder it looks like a freaking painting there's a lot of women hear in nz with maori motifs that look really good then you see the # ones tats on fingers and wrists but yae i agree with you it's like earrings as a young sailor i had a gold one now its so common it's not worth bothering about any way enjoy your tat and enjoy yer beer

edit on 7-2-2020 by Steveogold because: spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
"Grandmas" got their tattoos before you were born, kiddo. My own tattoo is fifty years old. You think you are cool because you got something insipid like "#in' die"? That's just laughable. No class, kiddo. No class at all.

Shutup Grandma and go make me some fried potato's.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I was thinking about getting a Mormon Jesus across the chest

with

only GAWD can judge me

a reply to: schuyler

I'd pay for that.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

i had 3 tattoos when i was in the merchant navy one was a jc on my arm even though i am not catholic the second is a big arse eagle on my back both done with needle and ink the 3rd was a spider on my shoulder done properly in hong kong and yeah all done after copulas amount of alcohol my eagle looks pretty good jc looks like he's melted and lately my grand son had a large lions head on his arm and shoulder it looks like a freaking painting there's a lot of women hear in nz with maori motifs that look really good then you see the # ones tats on fingers and wrists but yae i agree with you it's like earrings as a young sailor i had a gold one now its so common it's not worth bothering about any way enjoy your tat and enjoy yer beer

Noone mentally tougher than a merchant marine, they can quit (unlike a squid) and yet they keep doing it.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

If people want to express themselves with a tattoo, more power to them.
I got my tattoos because I wanted them, not for a fad, or whatever.
All of my ink is easily covered in my common business attire.

Tattoos are mainstream. So are body modifications (piercings, brands, etc).
We've set it up for our children to rebel by smoking tobacco. It's the only legal taboo thing theses days.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A good tat will not fade or run.I had a couple needle and India ink tats from my teens,went to a local artist and my first complaint was tats that I saw on my dads friends from WW2. Black psanthers that had turned into green blobs on their for arms, he assured me that a good tat with good ink will not do that. My cover of over 40 years is as crisp as the day it was done. So get a good artist to do them and they will look good forever. unless you dumb enough to get one on your boobs, gravity and time will have an effect on it. A ex dancer in her youth had a butterfly on her boob 50 years later it looked like some unknown winged creature.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

We've set it up for our children to rebel by smoking tobacco. It's the only legal taboo thing theses days.

If I was a young lad, I would much less likely get a tattoo because of all the old farts getting one and pretending it actually means something.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My tattoos are like a scrap book, home videos, photo album, personal library, medical I'd card, and if all else fails... good company.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
My tattoos are like a scrap book, home videos, photo album, personal library, medical I'd card, and if all else fails... good company.

So basically your mom will be able to identify you after you crash your motorcycle after bouncing between 3 - 18 wheelers into the mouth of a giant crypto eel that then falls into a whirling whirlpool of knives?
edit on 7-2-2020 by Fools because: more graphic

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What does self expression have to do with what you said?
If such a thing happens, dental records or DNA will inform the investigators.
I'm not sure of what point you are trying to make?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

If I was a young lad, I would much less likely get a tattoo because of all the old farts getting one and pretending it actually means something.

Than you never got a tattoo for the right reasons.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

good luck with the dental i've got false teeth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join