It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many here told you so

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I'm saying that no ox is being gored.

Someone finally put up a definition and, lo and behold, it doesn't fit. There are 546 top positions in the current US government. POTUS is 1.

Hold the majority in Congress and Control the Executive Branch with bureaucrats following toe to heel and you can change a lot including the Constitution. To be honest I think the end game would be to change the Constitution and get rid of the Republic.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Hold the majority in Congress and Control the Executive Branch with bureaucrats following toe to heel and you can change a lot including the Constitution.

Didn't Obama have that scenario for 2 years?

To be honest I think the end game would be to change the Constitution and get rid of the Republic.

I don't think so. Countries all over the world have adopted the US model. Why would the US give it up? It works, kinda.
edit on 9-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't think so. Countries all over the world are adopting the US model. Why would the US give it up? It works, kinda.

With Obama he still won on votes and lost a chunk of Congress on votes and then they felt they had it all in the bag another 8 years with Hillary, but didn't. This surprised them to need to use new tactics of fixing the elections instead to have the "proper" outcome. Don't get me wrong, Obama was working on it by weaponized a number of agencies including the FISA court, and his DOJ was totally black ops throughout his 8 years.

What do you think America would be with the removal of the Electoral College and overwhelming State rights with a stronger overpowering Federal Goverment? Add on top of that, amend the Constitution to fit their ideals.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Democrats and everyone who supports their bs deserves to rot in gitmo for rest of their corrupt miserable lives.

Yes, that's right I firmly believe and have for decades that corrupt politicians should go to gitmo right along side terrorists. The people who support them, deserve the same for being treasonous sympathers. You support the Sanctuary City, gitmo. You want illegals to mooch off taxpayers, gitmo. Hate America, you could live in gitmo instead.

Don't like what I said, then you're probably the leftist commie wannabe loser who deserves to rot in gitmo, that I'm talking about.

If you're not going to be a part of the solution, you are apart of the problem.

Americans don't need any more problems, we have a world of them...

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

All I asked was, didn't the dems have the house and the senate while holding the executive? None of what you said happened when this was the case.

The reason to point out the 5 constitutions in my country in the past 100 years is that constitutions can be changed and it isn't the end of the world.

The EC has agreed with the popular vote almost every time so I don't think it would make much difference if it stays or goes. State rights VS Federal has always been a thing, so I would say that the US would be pretty much the same.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

All I asked was, didn't the dems have the house and the senate while holding the executive? None of what you said happened when this was the case.

They held for a short period of time, and as I said the vote changed it, but now it seems the vote is too tricky for them.

The reason to point out the 5 constitutions in my country in the past 100 years is that constitutions can be changed and it isn't the end of the world.

Is your country a republic? America see their Constitution as inalienable rights... You don't change inalienable rights, so America would be drastically changed, would not be America/United States anymore.

The EC has agreed with the popular vote almost every time so I don't think it would make much difference if it stays or goes. State rights VS Federal has always been a thing, so I would say that the US would be pretty much the same.

You don't think...What you don't know is why the College is so important in maintaining equal rights for each state. Does the EU use the popular vote for their EU Presidents? no...

You keep describing a Democracy and that it wouldn't be bad if America went that way, but America is like 50 countries form into a union like the EU is, so would you have no issue with the EU just becoming one big country like the Roman empire?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

They held for a short period of time, and as I said the vote changed it, but now it seems the vote is too tricky for them.

And I was pointing out that it had already happened and things continued pretty much the same.

Is your country a republic? America see their Constitution as inalienable rights... You don't change inalienable rights, so America would be drastically changed, would not be America/United States anymore.

Yes, it is a republic.

First of all, you have yet to prove that anyone is out to get rid of the constitution and even if it were replaced, it would still be the USA. The US has drastically changed since the constitution was adopted. The constitution could not prevent that.

You don't think...What you don't know is why the College is so important in maintaining equal rights for each state. Does the EU use the popular vote for their EU Presidents? no...

But the fact is that it almost always agrees with the popular vote, so there would not be much difference.

You keep describing a Democracy and that it wouldn't be bad if America went that way, but America is like 50 countries form into a union like the EU is, so would you have no issue with the EU just becoming one big country like the Roman empire?

I'm not describing anything. I'm pointing out the hype about some of the things you posted.

ETA: Just like the OP is hyped using the word coup, so is people thinking the EC keeps the flyover states from being ruled by the coastal states or that a change in the constitution can only mean total tyranny afterwards.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And I was pointing out that it had already happened and things continued pretty much the same.

Yes, it is a republic.

First of all, you have yet to prove that anyone is out to get rid of the constitution and even if it were replaced, it would still be the USA. The US has drastically changed since the constitution was adopted. The constitution could not prevent that.

But the fact is that it almost always agrees with the popular vote, so there would not be much difference.

I'm not describing anything. I'm pointing out the hype about some of the things you posted.

ETA: Just like the OP is hyped using the word coup, so is people thinking the EC keeps the flyover states from being ruled by the coastal states or that a change in the constitution can only mean total tyranny afterwards.

If you want to debate about our politics, you should educate yourself first. Your post is very wrong on a few fronts. Your subject matter has been literally beat to death. So.......let’s see if you can figure out where your wrong. Hint: It’s not brain surgery.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
I grew up in the states and know its politics well.

Besides, I'm just talking logic and pointing out how people use hyperbole when it suits them.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Ummm....No you don’t. Not even close to “well”.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Besides, I'm just talking logic and pointing out how people use hyperbole when it suits them.

Then why can’t you figure out where you’re wrong? Easy peasy

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That all you have?

We are going to a-ha, na-ha for a couple of pages?

ETA: Not a mind reader. I have no idea what you "think" you got me on.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

That all you have?

ETA: Not a mind reader. I have no idea what you "think" you got me on.

Yep, I don’t need to “have” more. Is that all you have? Deflection? You really can’t figure this out can you?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Nope, complete waste of time to debate you on a subject that’s been beat to death. FFS You spent this whole thread debating the word “coup”.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'll take a stab at it. You think I said popular vote elects POTUS?

If that is it, then your reading comp is lacking.

ETA:

FFS You spent this whole thread debating the word “coup”.

And when someone posted the definition, turns out I had a valid point.

Also, why multiple posts instead of edits? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: shooterbrody

FBI Director Wray says he has referred those "still working at the FBI" to the disciplinary review board.

1.) That board recommended that McCabe be fired. He was...and got over $800,000 in his GoFundMe with the first 3 months.

2.) Only 3 or 4 low-level FBI agents involved with the illegal FISA scam are still with the FBI. Higher higher-ups got out of there, or were fired.

Go fund me should be confiscated to repay the gov for the fake Mueller report alone. Every dime and then some. All should face charges. and let the facts be shared with a jury.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not fact. Last election was not a “Almost always” was it? Trump vs HRC not that much different?

..and the EC does exactly what you say it doesn’t.

What I’m misunderstanding? It’s right there in your post in black n white.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The line is at replacing the entire government.

Anything less than that isn't a coup d'état.

Ok you win by your personal definition, who cares.... This was a START of a coup that failed... I think a couple of people suggested that already.

This is a Coup attempt of the COTUS to be succinct. We have dots that have formed a clear picture.

"This old coup attempt lives happily here nestled by the brook at the Forests edge" if i was to paraphrase the great Bob Ross.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thought so. "Almost always" means it has only conflicted with the popular vote 5 times in the entire history of the US.

The EC may have served its purpose back when there were only 13 states and there were big difference from one to the other. That is no longer the case.

ETA: Besides it is based on population that is why Cali has 55 and Big old Montana has 3. Where is the leveling factor?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thought so. "Almost always" means it has only conflicted with the popular vote 5 times in the entire history of the US.

Well in this case the great state of CA didn't single-handily determine the President as it really wasn't even close. Once again why doesn't the EU use the popular vote for their Presidents?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join