It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many here told you so

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: DBCowboy
Still not a coup d'état.

*shrugs*

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It was a coup attempt and it still is an on-going coup attempt.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Who is the head of the government? The President, with the advice and consent of Congress.

So...an attack upon the President is, by all measurements, a coup.

Removing a sitting President doesn't change the face of the govt.? I daresay it does, and depending upon the means of the removal it could be drastic.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
No, a coup is an attack on a whole government/system. It is a regime change. Outing Trump would not be a regime change. Simple as that.

Of course the use of the term coup is for political agenda driven hype. And here you guys are showing that their tools still work against you.

edit on 8-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I guess the whole birther thing was a coup as well.

I guess the deep state wanted to get rid of Obama because he wanted to protect the freedom of the people. /s

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good thing Trump's not the vindictive type.

*snicker*

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For the lazy...

FBI Director Christopher Wray agreed that the Justice Department and the FBI illegally surveilled Carter Page when they used British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s unverified dossier to obtain four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants against the Trump campaign associate.

I would bet there are some really pissed off VISA Judges...Don't think this will stop here. The whole premise to the VISA court is the agency that is coming to them brings accurate data that the court assumes is correct as they have very little time to investigate the data.

All this really makes Watergate seem so small doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I guess the whole birther thing was a coup as well.

I guess the deep state wanted to get rid of Obama because he wanted to protect the freedom of the people. /s

IDN, Hillary started it so ask her....

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Who is the head of the government? The President, with the advice and consent of Congress.

So...an attack upon the President is, by all measurements, a coup.

Removing a sitting President doesn't change the face of the govt.? I daresay it does, and depending upon the means of the removal it could be drastic.

I think you just have to look at the damage this farce has done to the credibility of...and public confidence in...not just Trump, but the presidency itself, Congress, the DoJ, the intelligence services, and the electoral process.

I dont know how it could be called anything else but a coup attempt or perhaps seditious conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

All this really makes Watergate seem so small doesn't it?

It does, doesn't it. ...and there's a long, and rather dark, history of it within the FBI. Ol' J. Edgar built his power base the old fashioned way...by playing dirty. It's evident that the BI has a very long institutional history, and learned the lessons well.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
...and DJT kept it going.

Tag team?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I insist in seeing the truth. Sorry you dont agree.

Oh it was proven. They all admitted it. Only they said well it aint so bad... but it was and everybody knows what he did.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because he is. And he did.

We just had two months of testimony and hearings proving he did.

Wow you still believe he is a Russian agent? Yep two months that took two hours to destroy... The 4 million spent on that could have gone to the homeless...just saying...

Here is a song to sum up the House impeachment and all their facts, or lack of...

edit on 8-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Had it ever gained any traction, yes, I'd have called it a coup.

How often we forget that it was Clinton that started that whole thing. If anyone knows about dirty politics it's Hillary.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That wouldn't have been a coup either.

Dirty politics isn't a coup just like winning an election isn't a revolution.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You keep on saying that, on and on and on. Merely repeating it over and over won't make it any more true, or less false.

the so called evidence was hearsay. Completely and totally. You don't convict on hearsay.

The Senate looked at it, and essentially laughed it out of the room. Even those Republicans, save for one sanguine exception, who don't especially like Trump couldn't bring themselves to vote for anything other than acquittal.

That it doesn't sit well with your utter hatred of Trump is quite aside from the point.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That wouldn't have been a coup either.

Dirty politics isn't a coup just like winning an election isn't a revolution.

Would you call it an illegal attempt to influence politics that most likely breaks a dozen of laws that would include, the Obama administration, Hillary campaign, DNC and high level bureaucrats from a few three letter agencies?

edit on 8-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No, too long.

But no matter what I would call it, it isn't a coup d'état.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because he is. And he did.

We just had two months of testimony and hearings proving he did.

All went POOF with no PROOF 😃 🤣 😃

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No, too long.

But no matter what I would call it, it isn't a coup d'état.

Winning the Presidency by illegally influencing the vote with illegal actions within Department of Justice, and the U.S. Intelligence Community is a rather good start towards a coup. We can dicker where to draw the line but there is a line there at some point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join