It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many here told you so

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: shooterbrody
It was a coup sttempt.
Deal with it.

It really wasn't. It was an attack on one person.

Even if Trump had been found guilty during this farce of an impeachment and somehow removed (unlikely), Pence would have taken the position. The same party would have been in control.

Maybe it is just me, but to me coup d'état is similar to "regime change", a significant change in government, and not just one player being sent to the penalty box.

Except if it worked it sets the stage for them to continue these illegal actions to maintain absolute power.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

a reply to: randomtangentsrme

If...

Even if it did, you would still have the other 2 branches of government intact.

At what point would the US government, as a whole be altered?

It is easy to claim a coup d'état when there is a monarch/dictator. A republic takes more than just outing one or two people.

It became apparent during the Impeachment trial that the House and Democrats were attempting a power grab against the Executive Branch. If they impeached Trump on those rediculous Articles, it would have set a precedence of imbalances power in DC. The executive branch would simply become puppets on strings to Legislative demands.

So yes, it was an administrative and partisan coup. Thankfully, the Democrats were not the majority in the Senate. That trial was more than simply trying to remove Trump. It definitely was an attempt to disrupt the checks and balances of our Constitution. It was a coup against America as we have known it since its founding.

Edit add: didn't even mention how they attempted to circumvent the Judicial third branch of government. It was preposterous to even suggest that one sitting judge should be able to make a decision that our government has allocated for all supreme court justices to make an unbiased and constitutional Supreme Court determination. The Supreme Court is not dictatorial either. Apparently, the House likes dictators like Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi.
edit on 2 8 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: randomtangentsrme

If...

Even if it did, you would still have the other 2 branches of government intact.

At what point would the US government, as a whole be altered?

It is easy to claim a coup d'état when there is a monarch/dictator. A republic takes more than just outing one or two people.

You must have missed the entire Kavanaugh circus, I'm guessing.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is anyone else surprised that certain leftist members of the board are mysteriously absent from this thread?

This comes as no surprise, although it's certainly big news for Wray to admit it. Til now he's mostly dodged the question.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No it wasn't.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24930661]projectvxn[/post

Many have spent the last three years avoiding or outright denying reality.

No matter what is said or who says it, they will never believe that the President is not a Russian asset, or that he didn't engage in quid pro quo in a corrupt extortion attempt

Because he is. And he did.

We just had two months of testimony and hearings proving he did.

edit on 282020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
a reply to: timequake
a reply to: mtnshredder

A power grab of the executive or trying to trip up Trumps SCOTUS appointments still is't a coup.

The system is set up for these types of conflicts. It is still the same system.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Given the history of the FBI in such matters as politically motivated "investigations" a/k/a smear jobs??

Color me surprised.

...not.

But we can all safely assume (yes, I know) that this will, as in most cases of the BI going political, be swept under the carpet.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The evil, anti-freedom, anti-Constitutional, communist left will not acknowledge nor will they stop their attempts at usurping power and taking over to destroy America.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Given that the person being attacked was the President of the United (somewhat) States??

I think we may safely use the word "coup".

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
That is the point. It doesn't fit.

A coup is an attack on the entire government. A tear down of an existing government, not just one or a few cogs in the machine.

ETA: And if coup is being used just as an attack and not "coup'd'état" then why not just say attack?
edit on 8-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It is also an illegal attempt at usurping power.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: timequake
a reply to: mtnshredder

A power grab of the executive or trying to trip up Trumps SCOTUS appointments still is't a coup.

The system is set up for these types of conflicts. It is still the same system.

Yes, it is still the same because the Dems failed in their sole authority power grab. Thank goodness for our check and balances.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Nixon wasn't forced to resign?? Technically, no. In reality, oh yes he was.

...and many believe that the Kennedy Assassination was, indeed, a coup. Orchestrated either by, or for, then sitting VP Lyndon B. Johnson.

Kennedy was making noises about removing, or at least curtailing, US activities in SE Asia, and upon his removal, or murder rather, US policy took a decided 180 degree turn is somewhat suspicious, to my mind, and others far smarter than I.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Usurping power or just sticking it to someone they hate?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
When was it in danger?

Why didn't Obama get rid of it during his admin?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

With Congress playing the roll of the Pretorian Guard of the ancient Roman Empire. They will decide who is Emperor/President.

It was a power play that, so far, has failed. It ain't over yet. ...and it won't be over after Trump is out of office...

See, that's the thing...it's not Trump they're trying to get, at least not wholly. They, whoever they is, want to geld the Executive Branch. I don't think it'd matter which butt is in the Oval Office big chair, or which letter is behind the name. This is power politics.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Usurping power or just sticking it to someone they hate?

Look, Kevin (can I call you Kevin?)

Kevin, here's the thing. The evil and I did say evil, leftist elements within the democrat and republican parties like status quo.

They make money, get wealthy, take away freedoms, and typically, just dick us to death.

Following me so far, Kevin?

Trump actually is trying to do things and not just talk about doing things.

That ruins the whole scam because Trump's legacy might just be the people expecting actual results from their elected officials.

I'm just surprised that they (the evil left) haven't killed him.

But there's still time.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You do insist upon seeing only what your fondest dreams have shown you, don't you?

Nothing was proven, because there was nothing there to be seen.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Still not a coup d'état.

ETA: He could also be using his WWE experience to make it seem like bad politician vs good politician.

That last part doesn't even sound right but that is what you are saying Trump is. Ewww.
edit on 8-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join