It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many here told you so

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: shooterbrody
It was a coup sttempt.
Deal with it.

It really wasn't. It was an attack on one person.

Even if Trump had been found guilty during this farce of an impeachment and somehow removed (unlikely), Pence would have taken the position. The same party would have been in control.

Maybe it is just me, but to me coup d'état is similar to "regime change", a significant change in government, and not just one player being sent to the penalty box.

en.wikipedia.org...

typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a dictator, the military, or a political faction

You think they would stop at just the President? One more removal (Pence) puts a different party in power (Pelosi).
If you think they didn't have something in the works (conspiracy with Trump being the easiest), for removing the VP. You do not understand Democrats.

Granted I think we both agree, it would be the worst evidence ever, and wouldn't work. Evidenced by the failed impeachment. But they had the plan in place. A plan without foundation doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It was a coup sttempt.
Deal with it.

Even if Trump had been found guilty during this farce of an impeachment and somehow removed (unlikely), Pence would have taken the position. The same party would have been in control.

Maybe it is just me, but to me coup d'état is similar to "regime change", a significant change in government, and not just one player being sent to the penalty box.

Well, #1 Pence as President would put winning in 2020 in serious jeopardy, thus giving the Dems a legitimate shot at the Whitehouse, more importantly, Pence doesn't help Senate or Congressional races like Trump does either. Not to mention a few of the CIA's coup attempts were just that where even if the new head was the same affiliation they were usually more agreeable or easier to blackmail or outright buy.
edit on 8-2-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

If...

Even if it did, you would still have the other 2 branches of government intact.

At what point would the US government, as a whole be altered?

It is easy to claim a coup d'état when there is a monarch/dictator. A republic takes more than just outing one or two people.
edit on 8-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Trump isn't the state. Coup d'état means blow against the state. It would have to be a much greater change to the american political structure than just getting the president to resign (Nixon) or blowing his gray matter back and to the left (Kennedy).

I don't recall those events being called that. This is a new spin on the term.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well obviously you missed it dipsh*t, because you made my point while denigrating my post.

So either my sarcasm is of a superior quality, or you're just retarded.

I'll call it 50/50.

Na
Sub par at best
Go back to reddit little one

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I'm sick and tired of bombshell after bombshell... I wanna see somebody on the other side get arrested.... Ever!
Otherwise aren't we just proving that they are above the law?

😡🤬😠

Obviously not
Per the head of the fbi
He showed crimes
He will have to follow up

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It was a coup sttempt.
Deal with it.

It really was
Cause you know pense wasnt elected president
But make up excuses all you like
Doesnt change the fact that the head of the fbi admitted crimes by the fbi

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The head of the FBI saying some agents did something wrong doesn't prove there was a coup attempt.

The elected president of the US has been forced out before and it was not called a coup then. Calling it that now is gaslighting.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The head of the FBI saying some agents did something wrong doesn't prove there was a coup attempt.

The elected president of the US has been forced out before and it was not called a coup then. Calling it that now is gaslighting.

Lol
Using illegal fisa warrants against the president of the united states is not simply "something wrong"
Lol
And when was a president "forced out"
Your logic and understanding of history are absurd

Obamas administration is the worst in usa history
Black nixon
Period
edit on 8/2/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

If...

Even if it did, you would still have the other 2 branches of government intact.

At what point would the US government, as a whole be altered?

It is easy to claim a coup d'état when there is a monarch/dictator. A republic takes more than just outing one or two people.

I wish you were correct.
If we remove the Pres, and Vice pres. We remove the current party in power and have the other major party in power as the speaker of the house would become president.
That right there would be where "the US government, as a whole be altered." I will add "for this cycle"

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Nixon wasn't forced to resign and Kennedy wasn't taken out? I think there may have been forces behind that.

Nobody called those a coup.

Who said anything about Obama?

And, illegal fisa warrants against the president of the united states does not make a coup. You can wait for more to come from that, but that is your thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It isn't just the party in the executive. You have 535 members of congress, 9 supreme court judges and over 1700 judges in lower federal courts. Lets throw in the spirit of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The focus on the president is slight of hand.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Lol
Nixon wasn't "forced" to do anything
You made that up, unless you have photos of someone with a gun to his head.

Derp, obama signed off on crossfire hurricane ,jackass, and he recieved DAILY BRIEFINGS on such.
No counterintelligence ops without potus authority.

Go get your shinebox.

The head of the fbi just said the investigation was unfounded and illegal.

Deflect all you like
The game is over
The coup attempt is exposed

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
No its not
It is overthrowing the vote of the citizens
It is a coup attempt

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Whatever, he did what he did.

Who said anything about Obama?

As for your following post, you have the EC. What is that about the vote of the citizens?

In the end it isn't a coup because, as I said in my first post, it is an attack on one person, not the state/government structure of the US.

"It is overthrowing the vote of the citizens" isn't the definition of a coup, unless you are in that political climate where you need the hyperbole, I think the kids are calling it Reeeee now a days. Pendulum swings both ways. Didn't really think I would see it in my lifetime, but there it is. Now I'm feeling old.

ETA: Kennedy didn't have the gun to his head but he didn't lead the executive after that day.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

FBI Director Wray says he has referred those "still working at the FBI" to the disciplinary review board.

1.) That board recommended that McCabe be fired. He was...and got over $800,000 in his GoFundMe with the first 3 months.

2.) Only 3 or 4 low-level FBI agents involved with the illegal FISA scam are still with the FBI. Higher higher-ups got out of there, or were fired.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some here think justice will be served.

Good, let them think that.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxnthey will never believe that the President is not a Russian asset

I don't think that people actually believed that he was taking a pay check from Putin, or that Putin was telling Trump what he should do. That was just a joke made up on SNL and the like.

From what I gather, people believed that Russia was helping Trump because they (The Russians) wanted to screw with the elections as a means of destabilizing America. Trump became aware of this after the fact.

From what we do no, Russia was funding social media campaigns on both sides of the political spectrum in order to create division. For example supporting both pro and anti vaccine groups. Or funding flat earth conventions. That kind of thing.

Wasn't there a case a couple of years back when it was suspected that Russians were funding self defense classes for African Americans, or encouraging women to own guns, that kind of thing, because it helped to foster a climate of fear (Telling African Americans and women that they were in danger and needed to arm themselves).

I don't even want to think about how many of those BLM events could have been supported b Russia just to create racial tension.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Doesn’t matter we told them so for going on 4 years

The seed of hate was planted long before we told them so

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

It was a coup sttempt.
Deal with it.

I’m betting Kavanaugh and a few others would dare to differ.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join