It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many here told you so

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

one definition of the word, "coup" is to OVERTHROW.

So yah, there was a coup attempt on Donald Trump.

You are still wrong, and have been wrong for 10 pages now.

You gotta be trolling with this crap.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462
OVERTHROW what?

A GOVERNMENT not a president.

I get it. You need the attacks on Trump to be more significant. Don't know why but OK.

Still not a coup.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Are you seriously this daft?

it says, OVERTHROW. Does not elaborate beyond that single word.

There are many things that can be overthrown, including a person or a regime.

I posted the entire definition for you and still you add your own crap to it.

smh, this is a giant waste of time. You are trolling.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Maybe it should elaborate because it means the overthrow of a government.

Oh wait, you guys want to change the meaning, I won't accept it, just like I won't accept when the left pulls out their tired old race card.

How far have you fallen?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

ETA: How can you say it even works at all when it the EC only made a difference in 6.25% of the elections in the last 128 years?

Yeah but that little "6.25%" prevented mob rule from electing Al Gore and Hillary Clinton !!!!!!

Think what and where the U.S. would be had both of them been President !!!!!!

😆😱

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6
I don't really care. I'm just chatting it up on the interwebs.

In this case I am pointing out the hype being used. Is there a problem with that?

Not at all, it just gives people a better perspective on where you are coming from. Who did you vote for the first round of the Presidential election in Guatemala in 2019?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Probably in the same spot. You think figure heads control things?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've never voted. Probably never will.

Why, when the choices don't really represent me?

edit on 10-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I've never voted. Probably never will.

Why, when the choices don't really represent me?

That may be true, but you should always vote anyway. Even if you have to hold your nose and pick a candidate that is closest to your positions. Why? This is what I told my kids:

Because elections matter.

It's a privilege to be able to cast your vote and have it be counted. Many, many people in history have died trying to assert and maintain that right.

And because if you don't vote, you don't get to bitch. Or bleat, like all of the rest of the sheep do when things don't go their way, even though they never did anything to try and make their voices heard where it counts - at the ballot box.

OK - I'll get off my soapbox now...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter
I'm not gonna knock you. It is good to tell the younger gens to get involved.

The thing is, superficially, if I vote then I'm giving my voice/vote to someone else.

George Carlin did a bit about it a while ago. Summing it up, if you participate you got nothing to complain about. You acquiesce when you lay down your bet on who is going to win.

Those who don't vote are the only ones with a right to gripe because they never agreed to accept the results.

edit on 10-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I see your point.

BTW - although I don't always (ever?...lol) agree with your positions, I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Wrongheaded as they may be...lol...they are reasonable, well thought out and I can sense at least a glimmer of intellect in there.

Keep 'em coming, but please for the sake of the children - abandon the dark side of the force.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It wasn't proven wrong. It was actually proven right.
A coup d'état is a blow against a standing government. Trump is one person in your current government. He is not "the" government. I can sit here and accept that the way he has been attacked is unfair, although my tin foil hat side thinks he probably knew that was the plan all along, but it still isn't a coup.

An entrenched deep state government can overthrow an elected President. This can happen before Cabinet Members or Committee Chairs are chosen by the new administration. Witness in 2017 with the election of Donald J. Trump. The deep state with the help of 9 million dollars of Hillary Clinton's campaign donations manufactured a salacious Russian disinformation dossier to discredit Trump; the candidate. This happened before he was elected. The FBI continued down this road of denial for 3 years. Brennan, McCabe and Comey need to be scrutinized as champions of this sham/coup. All Obama Administration left overs should have been fired immediately as automatically would have become Democratic loyalists/spies.

edit on 11-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Never said they couldn't or didn't try.

I said the choice of words is political hype that doesn't fit the definition.

edit on 11-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

Never said they couldn't or didn't try.

I said the choice of words is political hype that doesn't fit the definition.

STILL?

You have been proven wrong for 11 pages now.

Put a sock in it already.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have not been proven wrong, you found one vague definition that works in you favor and all the rest say "overthrow of a government".

It's isn't that big of a deal if the attacks on Trump don't fit the definition of a coup. You can still say he is being treated unfairly, the most attacked POTUS in history or whatever.

In some thread a while back people wanted to call it a "soft coup". Dave Chappelle is right, this is the age of spin and it isn't just one side doing it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Likewise, people always tell me to vote and I'm like why? I don't agree with anyone that's running so what's the point?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Poster wishes to distract from the fact that Obama's administration used the full force of the usa intelligence community ILLEGALLY against his political rival.
It was a coup attempt.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Likewise, people always tell me to vote and I'm like why? I don't agree with anyone that's running so what's the point?

Because if you vote then you have a right to complain.

If you choose not to execute your ONLY weapon against the government, then you should stay quiet.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Poster wishes to distract from the fact that Obama's administration used the full force of the usa intelligence community ILLEGALLY against his political rival.

Why would I want to do that? I'm not american, I am neither dem or repub, I don't even vote.

The only thing I have a problem with here is people twisting words to hype their agendas.

It was a coup attempt.

Not according to the definition posted earlier.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
What good does complaining do?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join