It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My core problem with the Left

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I agree, and am largely in the same boat.
I'm fine with abortion, I don't think religion should be anywhere near our lawmaking thought process.
I don't care if gay people get married.

But the blatant hypocrisy, authoritarianism, delusional group think and total inability for objective rationality has left me vehemently anti-leftist.

How any reasonable adult could possibly take their political leadership seriously is mind bottling.

They've become a cartoon caricature of an ideology. A sad yet terrifying parody.

Same here. I never thought I would align myself with conservatives but things seem to have shifted. I've often contemplated if this was strictly my own evolution, a change in definition, or both. Your average conservative today (or at least the ones I know) is not racist at all, doesn't care about gay marriage even if they don't personally agree with it, support separation of church and state for the protection of BOTH sides, etc. Has it always been this way or was i just listening to too much liberal media in the past? Or maybe I have come to understand and appreciate the Constitution more as I have aged.

I have always been a realist. Because of this I am fine with abortion as well. But for me there is a point in the timeline where I think it's no longer ethical. My thoughts are that since many more conservatives actually support these kinds of freedom to choose, centrist ideals today....the left feel they have to go EVEN HARDER LEFT! Now it's abortion right up until birth. WTF? I have a hard time believing any liberal in the past would have jumped to that drastic position. Why is this?

It's like a straight up war between critical thinkers who value rational thought, and those in our population who base their lives completely on emotion and feelings.

<< 1   >>

join