It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to nationalize the healthcare system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Blame Obama for your healthcare costs.
Best you support gettinmg rid of Obamacare instead of trying to make the situation worse.

The problem is not really Obama's fault. He just did nothing to fix it.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

High school students working as a cashier at target for their first job ever make about as much as college educated nurses in the UK.

My daughter is a nurse, she earns just slightly short of £32,000 p.a - about $41,250 - for a 37.5 hour week.
Seems a lot for a supermarket cashier.

Minimum starting pay for a cashier is about $31,200 a year. $15 an hour.
Nurses in the UK are band 5.
Band 5 £24,214
That is ... $31,200 USD.
www.nhspay.org...

I know nurses that make well over 100k, that has no bearing on starting pay.
When I am done with school in a few years I will be making £130,000+ as a nurse here in America. My wife currently makes £47,000 and has only been working a few years. We also live in a very low cost of living state, we'd increase our income by 50% easy moving to another state.
edit on 9-2-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Only had a brief look and I read that cashiers in USA get paid between $7.25 and $10 an hour.
Of course you live there so obviously I'll take your word over some random article on the internet.

24 grand a year for working a till at Morrisons?
Since the introduction of minimum wage I know some tradesmen who don't earn that much.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We’re also well on our way to fulfilling the commitment we made in 2017 to raise our minimum hourly wage to $15 an hour by the end of 2020

corporate.target.com...

It's currently $13 nationwide. It will be $15 this year. That's nationwide. I was making $11.50 an hour back in 2007 working at Target while I was in college.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: UKTruth
Blame Obama for your healthcare costs.
Best you support gettinmg rid of Obamacare instead of trying to make the situation worse.

The problem is not really Obama's fault. He just did nothing to fix it.

For 30 years now healthcare premiums have been going up 20% each year. Before and after ACA made absolutely NO DIFFERENCE.

Every five years the premiums double. Now with policies require HUGE out of pocket expenses the CEOs can pocket MORE money because they don't have to pay at all for any healthcare. People, like myself, will simply be rationed out of healthcare I cannot afford. So I am SOL for what I need.

As usual, the American people are screwed with a "big red, white, and blue Dick":

"They'll get it. They'll get it all!"

edit on 10-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I was earning over £10 an hour labouring onshore building oil modules back in the late 80's.
All overtime, and there was plenty, was at either time and a half or double time.
Treble time and a day in lieu on national holidays etc.

Great job, worked hard and played hard.

Then Thatcher #ed us over.
A bit later Blair finished us off with minimum wage.

Then I went to work in the packaging industry - I had my own security firm as well for a long time - and earned good money.
Started in the crappest job in the factory and ended up being Improvement Manager.

Those days are well and truly gone.....yet the top earners are making more and more.
The gap between ordinary, everyday hard working people and the top earners is growing year in year out.

The systems broke.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Elect your own Trump. The largest wage growth in America for the past several years under Trump has been the bottom 40% of Americans.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: dfnj2015
What kind of policy do you have if your paying a grand a month? How much is your employer kicking in? I had bowl surgery years ago over 100,000 dollars spent a month in intensive care for infection, my cost zip. Was paying less than 100 dollars a week for wife and myself.

If you pay $1,000 a month for 100 months of insurance coverage, your cost for a $100,000 hospital bill is still $100,000. And then some because they keep milking you for as long as they can. And they figure on extorting a lot more than they pay out in the long run because some people will never need that amount.
edit on 11-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

So if you hadn't ever needed it, you'd have been paying $100 a week for nothing.
edit on 11-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join