It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Leads U.S. Colleges That Received $1 Billion From China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well I never knew that USA Colleges were getting that kind of coin. Darn so now I wonder why those schools are loaded with Tenured University Professors with TDS as we read about it all the time as they are screaming and ranting like a Chinese Fire Drill [look it Up].

Sorry but in my opinion this isn't good. Yes, I know that for decades many Northern Colleges and Universities accept and educate hundreds of thousands of Chinese students. I know. I went to University with many of them and that may be a good thing as they really get to know and understand America. This could partially be why China and Hong Kong have growing pains among the younger educated citizens. I will never forget my 1st Chemistry Lab in 101. After a brief lecture, all of the Chinese students ran to be first in line to get their Bunsen Burners and all other stuff so they could be first. I was appalled at such behavior. Sorry but that's not me. Oh, I did get my A in Chemistry 101.

Well here we go:

Yahoo Finance

Bloomberg) -- Trade tensions between Beijing and Washington have been building for years, leading the Trump administration to label the Asian nation “a threat to the world.” Yet the tally of gifts and contracts from China to U.S. universities since the start of 2013 is approaching $1 billion. About 115 colleges got monetary gifts, contracts or both from sources in mainland China in the six and a half years through June, according to a Bloomberg analysis of U.S. government data. The leader was Harvard University, which pulled in $93.7 million, the majority as gifts. The University of Southern California and University of Pennsylvania were second and third. China and its citizens are playing a greater role in U.S. campus life, even as President Donald Trump wages a trade war against the world’s second-largest economy. The Asian nation was the biggest contributor in the period after Qatar at $1.8 billion and the U.K. at $1.1 billion. The closer ties may be in jeopardy after the arrest of a Harvard chemistry professor accused of lying about his connections to China and concealing payments to him from a Chinese university. “China is a threat to the world in a sense, because they’re building a military faster than anybody and, frankly, they’re using U.S. money,” Trump told reporters at a press conference in September as he discussed global trade with Australia’s prime minister.

Remember money can buy anything.

edit on 7-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Didn't the whole political correctness start with Harvard?

Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its not all that surprising no? You donate tons of money, flood the sciences with students who will then take the knowledge proprietary or otherwise back home.

Universities are still a bastion or original research and science which to be fair, they are not as much as in the past, but the number of patents and discoveries they put out is staggering. A billion is cheap considering the return on investment one you factor in the Chicoms utter disregard for intellectual property

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now we know why colleges like Harvard embrace and teach Communism.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Now we know why colleges like Harvard embrace and teach Communism.

I mean it's a wise investment by China. Colleges are pumping out "liberals" that are actually authoritarian Communists like no tomorrow. Why wouldn't they fund it?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yep, China and Moslim Brotherhood > Qatar, pals with Iran.

Universities on the Foreign Payroll

Wonder why some mainstream journalists sound like extremism supporters? Perhaps because Qatar has paid them to do so? Muslim Brotherhood. 😲💣

Prominent US Universities Failed to Disclose $1.3 Billion in Foreign Funding

Six prominent U.S. universities failed to report a combined total of 1.3 billion in foreign funding, according to the Department of Education (DOE).

The universities named by the Department of Education were Georgetown, Texas A&M, Cornell, Rutgers, the University of Maryland and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

China, Qatar and Russia were some of the sources of foreign funding that went unreported.

For example, Qatar gave over $340 million to Northwestern University to promote a partnership between Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and Al Jazeera and to help train future “journalists.”

This former Emir of Qatar has quite the resume...
Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and founder of Qatar Foundation

A major reform of the K–12 education system was embarked upon by Qatar Foundation in 2003, resulting in the formation of the RAND-Qatar Policy Institute.
Partnership was terminated in 2013 but they were in bed with RAND Corp for 10 yrs.
Articles on Qatar influences

Obviously, they have way too much influence in western affairs!!

Remember the kid in Texas who reassembled a digital clock and brought it to school for show 'n tell and his teachers along with msm went into overdrive panic mode and thought it was a bomb.??
Well, in late 2015, his family decided to accept a scholarship from the Qatar Foundation and move to Qatar.
source

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Liberal Communist Zombies...……...you are correct. Why think when someone can do it for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Check out Confucius Institutes -- In spite of warnings from intel agencies, the colleges lapped it right up.

Confucius Institutes: Getting Schooled by Beijing

Criticism of Confucius Institutes

Senate inquiry finds problems with China-funded Confucius Institute at U.S. campuses

Confucius Institutes in the United States - embarrassing...

China’s Confucius Institutes Are Threat to Freedom, British Politicians Warn

edit on 8-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Nice presentation.

top topics

join