It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Faux Faith of Nancy Pelosi and Mitt Romney

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Trump lost the popular vote...
Running out of talking points, I see. Or are you just recycling, re-using, and re-purposing?

Either way, you realize just how silly you sound right now, right?

it is ironic that you think the Democrats are the ones who want to suppress votes.
In the first 30 seconds:

"The President's conduct cannot be decided at the ballot box."

Those are the words of Adam Schiff, a Democrat from California.

Let that sink in.

Furthermore his policies are far from Christian-like, and I am flabbergasted by the support he gets from evangelicals.

Maybe, just maybe, you don't understand the faith as much as you think you do. Yeah, crazy idea, I know.

Hopefully this will motivate more voters to turn out in November. I feel like Trump's voter base is capped, that is almost everyone who supports him will vote in November, while the rest of us who want him out are less likely to be registered to vote.

If they don't, or if they re-elect these same idiots, they'll likely never get to. After all, the House of Representatives says now they can pick the President. Don't like who the people pick? Just get rid of them until you get someone you like. Disagreeing with the House is all it takes... even if the House is Republican!

And you agree with that.

Wow. Why do you bother voting for President at all?

The definition of tyranny is when the government says who can run run the government. The definition of freedom is when the people say who gets to run the government.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Lol.. I was a member of a Pentecostal church in texas and went to a weekly womens prayer meeting...
One day one of the women was rather irked with her unsaved son in law...
So we were all praying for god to save him... until one lady came out with a basically god, save him or kill him plea which made me pull out of their prayer...

Theres is a recording online of I believe trump religious counselor praying for god to cause all those satanic women to abort their satanic babies.. just wth is a satanic baby?? And just why is it okay for god to abort them but not ok for a doctor to when the women is in the middle of a miscarriage, the baby is unviable, and the womens health is deteriorating and putting her at risk?

People pray the dardest things!!

But you are right, no one knows the mind of god. NOONE!! You can get away with throwing your republican collegues over the fence when they displease you, bush, McCain, Romney, and so many others. Label then as liberals and toss them our way... heck we are becoming like the sanctuary city for unwanted republicans. But, I think its gonna be a tad bit harder for you to throw one of gods chosen over the gates of heaven.
Remove the bean from your own eyes before you worry about the splinter in another's.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... Well you got to expect to the victor, goes the spoils. Did the really think they could fight with and beat President Trump? Ludicrous ..... ya think.!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Or you could double down on the Mormon jokes. That's how the family supports one another. With love and laughter.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well said. That is how we know each other IRL. By our "fruit." (hateful intentions are a big tell for rotten fruit).

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree with most of your post, but I wouldn't characterize Nancy Pelosi or Mitt Romney as "one of God's chosen." They have their positions at God's pleasure, true, but that does not mean their actions are approved of by God Himself. I will not accept that the 8 years of tribulation I went through under Obama was at the choice of God. God does not hurt people. God has no need to punish people; people will punish themselves without His guidance. The "mean actions" of the Old Testament were mostly not God doing something; they were God allowing something to be done and warning about it.

"This stove is hot. Don't touch it!" That is not equal to intentionally burning a child's hand on a hot stove.

And before you try this tired old talking point, that goes for Donald Trump as well. His actions are not necessarily God's actions either. So far, I do believe his rise to power was due to some divine influence, and I believe there is some divine influence in his decisions, but these are still just men, not gods, and certainly not God. One need not be a saint to be used by God.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And, without fair and free elections...
The people dont get a say!!!
Rumor has it that people from 4chan did a dos attack on the Iowa caucas.
That doesnt sound like they support free and fair elections anymore than trump begging, bartering, bribing foreigners for trash on his political opponents.
Or quietly purging thousands of eligible voters from the rolls.
Or the Republican in carolina that was collecting peoples ballots and filling them out for them..
Or, sending out notices to Democrats with the wrong date of the election.

To have free and fair elections, people need to be informed with the truth.
Here is the truth... the lock her up man is about to be locked up.
Hillary hasn't died and her mind seemed to be still quite functional the last time I heard her speak while trump sounds like he might be losing his.
Those dead kids are really dead and one of the propagators of that story used insanity as a defense in his trial. I do believe he ended up with a court order to pay a hefty sum to the families of those kids for the pain and suffering he put them through for years.
That pizza shop that was supposed to have a bunch of sexually abused kids in its cellar, well there is no cellar.
So many lamebrained stories still with no substantive evidence to back it up.

Why the heck should anyone believe anything coming from these people now?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Rumors without evidence are noise and for the love of all that is holy or unholy don't run your elections on a public internet unless you can secure those elections from (any) public attack.

Don't you see? If DOS attacks can cripple our ability to hold free and fair elections than whoever is in charge of running those elections needs to find a new job or get their elections off the public internet. Everything doesn't belong "online." Anything online is inherently insecure. This is the biggest "duh" going ATM.

EDIT: Hillary's mind is NOT completely functional. Did you see her interview with Howard Stern where she claimed: "Nobody likes Bernie Sanders." That, right there is evidence she needs a long vacation at the very least.
edit on 7-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And, without fair and free elections...
The people dont get a say!!!

What good is having a say when that say is subject to the approval of the government?

How would you feel if you voted for Bernie, and the Republicans took the House? Under this precedent (which needs to have some sort of court overturn, although I'm not sure how that could legally happen), the Republicans can just impeach him. Reason? How about if he vetoes a bill? That's obstructing Congress! We need that bill! That's Abuse of Power!

And I will be all for it. Understand that. Not that I will believe it is right, but because I more believe that party does not matter. If it works for one, it works for all. Period. So your vote won't matter, even if you win. Vice President? Republicans can take them out the same way. That is what you are advocating for: pure tyranny. How long will it be before the House simply dismisses votes for Representatives they don't want? Don't laugh: several Senators threatened to "not seat" Roy Moore if he was elected... and Richard Shelby was among them. I'll be working to primary him next election, for that one reason.

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GET TO DECIDE WHO GETS TO BE IN THE GOVERNMENT!

Period.

To have free and fair elections, people need to be informed with the truth.
Here is the truth... the lock her up man is about to be locked up.

No, that is what is called a "lie." This is the truth:

Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

That is the Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 3, Clause 7. The President cannot be imprisoned due to impeachment; he must commit an actual statutory crime and be convicted of such in a court of law, just like another citizen of the United States of America.

Your own posting is no less laughable than all those silly rumors you like to keep bringing up. Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You need to talk to someone from communist china, or the soviet union before the iron curtain, or a holocaust survivor before you talk to me about your 8 years of tribulation.
If the bible prophecy is right, or maybe even if its not...
and that prophisized tribulation does come..
Well, there seems to be alot of american Christians that need to grow a backbone! They sound like a bunch of weak frightened children because they arent the overwhelming majority running the show uncontested anymore.

And, who is claiming Mitt and nancy are ordained by god? No one is!!! Its yous claiming that they just cant be sincere in their faith because they went against your divinely appointed leader. We refused the idea of divine providence a long time ago when we started stripping the Pope, the kings and queens of their power. The United states totally rejected the idea when they opted for a democratic republic with three branches with the power to check each other and rejected the idea of kingship! And, it was those founders that came up with the idea of impeachment!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Everything doesn't belong "online." Anything online is inherently insecure.

As a degreed electrical engineer with post-grad work in the field of communications, quoted for absolute truth!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

His initiative to reform criminal justice in the black community and reassess mandatory minimum sentences for individuals convicted of non-violent drug crimes is actually helping the black community, where up to 1/3 of the men have a criminal record.

That's a pretty good start considering those mandatory sentencing guidelines have been on the books since the 80s and neither party has done much to correct the imbalance that unfairly imprisons black men while slapping white men on the wrist.

Powder = rock. Both are the same crime if they are even a crime at all, and I still have trouble reconciling our society making that call for grown-ups.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You need to talk to someone from communist china, or the soviet union before the iron curtain, or a holocaust survivor before you talk to me about your 8 years of tribulation.

Why? Are these people going to give some validity to the fact that I lost my job, lost my insurance, couldn't find work, lived as an indigent, and at the very moment I needed insurance it wasn't available to me?

That happened, no matter who you think needs to somehow validate it.

I understand there are people living under tyranny across the globe, many in much worse condition than I was. Every one of these people living under communist or dictatorial rule has one thing in common: THEIR GOVERNMENT DECIDES WHO RUNS THEIR GOVERNMENT.

And, who is claiming Mitt and nancy are ordained by god? No one is!!!

Did you not type the following? Did the database suddenly just throw these random symbols together in the right order? Did aliens hijack you account? Did the dog eat your homework?

originally posted by: dawnstar
But you are right, no one knows the mind of god. NOONE!! You can get away with throwing your republican collegues over the fence when they displease you, bush, McCain, Romney, and so many others. Label then as liberals and toss them our way... heck we are becoming like the sanctuary city for unwanted republicans. But, I think its gonna be a tad bit harder for you to throw one of gods chosen over the gates of heaven.

If you want respect, at least accept your own words instead of trying to deny them. These are on the same page even!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Faux Faith of Nancy Pelosi and Mitt Romney

Which God do they have ?

Cause the one I was brought up on was' Judge not lest Yee be judged.

Forgiveness is divine.

Turning the other cheek.

You know when the religion card gets played it's a losing hand.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All I can tell you is that I used to play that card myself occasionally. I'd quote scripture back to my opponent like I had any business using a gift for memorization to attack someone else with my own "faith." All I can remember about that feeling is an ugly sense of smug self-satisfaction.

Which is my own punishment, TBH, and my guiding light now.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The lock her up man is flynn..

And if any president dem or republican was doing the things trump is doing...
Diverting a bunch of tax money to his own properties by making it his "winter white house".
Publicly asking other countries to assist him by investigating his political rivals. Holding congressionally approved aide till the comply.
Holding aid to hurricane stricken US territories.
Diverting approved funding to pet projects like the wall.
And tying up the court system to keep from having to cooperate with Congress in even the smallest way. Using arguments that should scare the crap out of any sane american!

Yes, I would say this is what the impeachment clause of the constitution is for!!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: incoserv

I used to listen to Kenneth Copeland on Sunday (I tend to swing between whichever preacher is sounding most Biblical to me, and prefer TV to attendance so I insult less people). He said something one day that has stuck with me:

"The biggest problem God has getting people into heaven is religion."

True words. Damn true words.

TheRedneck

You know what he means by that right? the ORGANIZED church,such as ROME for catholics and others for other sects.
Im a follower of the New testament myself. And a southern baptist by birth. Most people do not realize that they are following two covenants at once,and thats a failing of the organized church.

See it says in the Bible,the OT part that it is specifically meant for the hebrews/jews and thos elaws are for them specifically.
Now i know you are thinking of jesus saying he didnt come back to change the law right? Well he didnt change the law because the OT still covers the hebrews/jews.

Jesus DID however make a new covenant for those who believed in him and his words. That is the New testament and we are under his Grace and not the law.

See where Im going with this? The Catholic church is mis leading its flock by having them try to follow the ten commandments that were told to the hebrews/jews.

They should be doing as Jesus said for gentiles to do and accept him and the three things he wants us to do. its so much less stressful.

Im a sinner.Im not perfect. i still fall short on certain things,such as sex and catch myself from time to time being mean spirited, but i still believe in Jesus words and his sacrifice for me and the world. Am I not afraid though? O f course I am, because thanks to christianity being so confusing it makes you think am I right?

All I can do i s have faith In Jesus and keep living.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The lock her up man is flynn..

And if any president dem or republican was doing the things trump is doing...
Diverting a bunch of tax money to his own properties by making it his "winter white house".
Publicly asking other countries to assist him by investigating his political rivals. Holding congressionally approved aide till the comply.
Holding aid to hurricane stricken US territories.
Diverting approved funding to pet projects like the wall.
And tying up the court system to keep from having to cooperate with Congress in even the smallest way. Using arguments that should scare the crap out of any sane american!

Yes, I would say this is what the impeachment clause of the constitution is for!!

The aid was released EARLY to Ukraine. the Buzzfeed article talking about COMMERCIAL sales does not have to be part of the Free aid money we sent. The state dept wants to make sure CHina dont get its hands on it after it goes to Ukraine.

Hurricane aid was sent but was hoarded and hidden from them by their own leaders in Puerto rico. The pres knew the leadership was corrupt and the money would just disappear.

President is a co equal branch of government and has Privlidge to not self incriminate,so going through the courts was perfectly legal and not obstruction.

President said US,not himself in regard to the investigation of corruption. the word "US" is a qualifier showing his intent. Biden ONLY got into the race after being Tipped off by the ambassador as a way to get at trump and protect his own old quid and a pro and a quo joes arse.

The wall funding is a national defense measure the dems had on plan to do themselves before trump was elected.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My point is when you say, 'Let America decide!', the reality is Trump lost the popular vote by about 2.8million votes. I don't see how how Trump will win the popular vote in 2020 either.

I do not want to hear you guys cry foul when he loses in November.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Being gods chosen does not mean they are divinely appointed, at least that wasn't what I meant. But, if there is a heaven for those who god finds worthy, does he not chose who is worthy?

You lost your job...
You lost your insurance, and you needed it.
You couldn't find work.

I lost two jobs because the healthcare I needed to stay working was putting us under. Lost the insurance when the job ended. Watched the health problem deteriorate till bones broke. Needed a danged state senator to intervene to convince a surgeon to operate so I could walk again.
Cant drive across town, cant walk through a store, cant even walk around my house now.
Couldn't work when my husband passed on and he didnt leave much, no life insurance policy, still owe for his burial expense.
Went close to a year with no income whatsoever.. sold anything of value.
Feel crappier than all heck but cant die till I pay off his funeral bill and have mine covered...
Gee, according to most here...
I should have planned better!
Most of this crap happened while obama wasn't in office!
Social security and welfare was changed during the clinton years, part of the reform he ccx worked out with the republican congress. Those changes blocked me from any help for close to a year after my husbands death.
Healthcare has been a nightmare for me for many decades.

Obama had little to do with it!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join