It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing text from doctors.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

So let me make sure I have this straight.

You received a text, from a professional institution, which said (in as many words)...

"If you've been around any Chinamen, slopes or chinks lately, you're on your own!" Stay away from them little yellow bastages!"

Royal Caribbean has also just announced it will not allow anyone with a Chinese passport onboard their cruise ships.

Isn't this Corona thing getting a little racist???
edit on 2/7/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes! Both my husband and I got a text also from the Doctors Surgery today, we live in Surrey.

Crouch Oak Family Practice: If you have travelled from China or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus in the last two weeks, you may be at risk of Coronavirus. Please do NOT leave the house. Instead ring 111 if: You have been to China in the last 14 days and develop cough, fever or shortness of breath; or You have been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus, even if you feel well. Thank you

edit on 7-2-2020 by Okidocki because: Extra info

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okidocki
Yes! Both my husband and I got a text also from the Doctors Surgery today, we live in Surrey.

Crouch Oak Family Practice: If you have travelled from China or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus in the last two weeks, you may be at risk of Coronavirus. Please do NOT leave the house. Instead ring 111 if: You have been to China in the last 14 days and develop cough, fever or shortness of breath; or You have been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus, even if you feel well. Thank you

So, is anyone going to point out that this sudden person in complete agreement with the op, just joined today?
I mean, that's pretty coincidental.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey we must live around the same area just had to join to reply. We are also with the village surgery SN. My Girlfriend got one but i did not.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edenshore

And you also joined today.... 🤔

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So let me make sure I have this straight.

You received a text, from a professional institution, which said (in as many words)...

"If you've been around any Chinamen, slopes or chinks lately, you're on your own!" Stay away from them little yellow bastages!"

Royal Caribbean has also just announced it will not allow anyone with a Chinese passport onboard their cruise ships.

If people from China are 1000x more likely to be infected with 2019nCoV than peole not from China, then it wouldn't be racist to steer clear, or to ban travel from China, it would be prudent and logical.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Call crouch oak medical on 01932 840123. Ask them.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Edenshore

And you also joined today.... 🤔

I'm not sure if your from the UK or not but all our local GP surgeries have messages about the virus. It appears some have had a text sent, my surgery just has a message on the login page for appointments, others have them on their website.
It's nothing strange or unbelievable considering what's been happening.
I'm from the Isle of Wight and have no reason to be 'backing up' these other members claims. You may see me as a new member but I have been on ATS in some shape or form for over 15 years.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Not received anything in the North West but can certainly see it happening, would be sound advice and the UK does have abackbone protection structure like this for emergency contingency planning.

No particular reason to doubt the text and 111 as GP text services do exist in the UK, the plans for tackling Corona have been trialed and going to GP with actual Coronavirus would cause it's spread to speed up and the GP surgery to be closed/quarantined for a time; or flooded with paranoid people with the nasty chest infection, cough, flu doing the rounds of the North of the UK in recent weeks as symptoms are very similar.

111 are Virgin Healthcare's/Care UK's private service masquerading as an NHS service and make money off the phonecalls, there's also been the recent sale of all UK patient data to the US and may be a scam.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Still waiting on some proof or verification for this.

It has a hoax bin smell.

Finally you can see more proof as you may not believe us....

"Longford Primary Care Centre sent SMS messages to patients urging them to not come to the practice if they display coronavirus symptoms and have been in contact with anyone who has recently been to China."
www.coventrytelegraph.net...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Still waiting on some proof or verification for this.

It has a hoax bin smell.

Finally you can see more proof as you may not believe us....

"Longford Primary Care Centre sent SMS messages to patients urging them to not come to the practice if they display coronavirus symptoms and have been in contact with anyone who has recently been to China."
www.coventrytelegraph.net...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skush
Mine is a bit different.

The first photo is a picture of the text message.

The second photo is a screenshot of my online NHS account.

imgur.com...

Your link leads to:

"Zoinks! I think you've taken a wrong turn"

It was worth it though just to see the word "Zoinks".

Ha!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Why should they be different?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

I'm not sure if your from the UK or not but all our local GP surgeries have messages about the virus.

Is a surgery another name for a doctor's office?

God, I *love* the Brits!

Seriously...they really know how to use the language...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It would indeed be both logical and prudent, as long as not taken to far.

Some halfwits will be balling and shouting at them in the street, refusing to send their kids to school, college, and nursery if there are any Chinese weans or teachers present.

Thing is it cannot be allowed to get out of control, or the blame placed on poor Chinese people as the fact of the matter is all Humans are susceptible to Coronavirus.

The logical thing to do is keep the head, wash your hands profusely, and try not to get sneezed on by anyone.
edit on 8-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join