It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing text from doctors.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Has anyone else in the UK had a text from their doctors this morning, saying if you've been in contact with anyone Chinese, not to come to your doctors... Just ring 111... What!! A number that's known for incompetence.😷😲

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

If it is anything like the Chinese are doing to handle the virus.... you might just get to go to a quarantine camp!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

If true, that's not right. Even if that phone number works.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC
Has anyone else in the UK had a text from their doctors this morning, saying if you've been in contact with anyone Chinese, not to come to your doctors... Just ring 111... What!! A number that's known for incompetence.😷😲

This can't be real?

Can it?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No texts received. For context, where in the UK are you? How old are you? Age could be important as you may be a student at a uni with a high amount of Chinese students, for example.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Received no text from my local GP and just got back from there after having a 50+ check up.
One small poster near reception warning of symptoms for anyone who has recently returned from China....that's it.

I'm in North East England, where are you?

edit on 7/2/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I could see some members easily falling for this one.

Oh boy.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Y'all UK doctors keeping it real, damn 😂

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just a bit of info for our colonial cousins;

111 is a new telephone service brought to you by the NHS. It is the number you should call when you need advice or medical treatment quickly, and you cannot wait for an appointment to see your doctor.

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm in a Village in Derbyshire and yes it is real, my girlfriend got it this morning, but I'm with the same doctors and I haven't received one yet? But it is the number of the surgery, I checked, and why would I lie? We do have a number of Chinese restaurants round us, so I'm wondering if they've come back and 1 of them is infected. Who knows... Just freaked me out and I had to share. This is what the full text says.

This is the Village surgery. If you have recently been in contact with anyone Chinese who has recently travelled to China (ok) And are concerned you have a viral infection. PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY. please call 111 for guidance. Thank you.

That's word for word, capitals and everything.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeh but ask anyone from UK the guys there are a joke. Not trained properly, they get the blame a lot for giving wrong advice and people dying as a result.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So non chinese who've travelled to china recently are fine?

Do you have a screenshot?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I will try with my phone cause she's got a throw away one, its a pos. Give me a bit.
edit on 7-2-2020 by DiddyC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It makes sense that the doctors are keeping up with what is going on better than the rest of the population. If you ran a local surgery would you want possible infected and sick patients coughing all over the place or would your prefer they got sent off to quarantine?

With Dr Li Wen Liang’s recent death it is a strong message to every medical practitioner of the dangers of this disease.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Atsbhct

I will try with my phone cause she's got a throw away one, its a pos. Give me a bit.

Give you a bit of time to fake it?

Come on.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Oh boy.

Ummm...I know...

Right...?

I’ve noticed a change in your entire Avatar Jefferton...

Your posts now consist of mostly cogent and humorous commentary...

It’s like some vast ideological burden has been lifted from your soul...I’ve been watching this transition vicariously through your posts over the last six or better months...

You seem more relaxed...more comfortable with who you are...more settled...more human...

I’m enjoying the new you...smart and funny...

I just thought it needed to be said...

On Topic interjection commencing in...3...2...1...

And...FEMA camps don’t seem like so much conspiracy...as proven theory in this Corona virus era...

Just ask the Chinese...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Last time I checked North East England was and still is part of the UK.

I'm not doubting you, just saying I haven't received one from my GP's.

111 was introduced to try and prevent people with minor ailments phoning the emergency services.
I've only had one experience of it and it seemed reasonably ok, it provided the information etc I needed even it did take quite a while to get there.....but I can be very impatient when on the phone.

Yes, its had some bad press but I could also relate some stories that portray it in a much better light.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Jefferton

Oh boy.

Ummm...I know...

Right...?

I’ve noticed a change in your entire Avatar Jefferton...

Your posts now consist of mostly cogent and humorous commentary...

It’s like some vast ideological burden has been lifted from your soul...I’ve been watching this transition vicariously through your posts over the last six or better months...

You seem more relaxed...more comfortable with who you are...more settled...more human...

I’m enjoying the new you...smart and funny...

I just thought it needed to be said...

On Topic interjection commencing in...3...2...1...

And...FEMA camps don’t seem like so much conspiracy...as proven theory in this Corona virus era...

Just ask the Chinese...

YouSir

Lol, thank you?

Not sure what could have caused this.

Maybe I'm just getting old?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

So non chinese who've travelled to china recently are fine?

Do you have a screenshot?

Ummm...I know...

Right...?

And in this brave new multicultural world...how could such blatant racism rear it’s foul and ungainly head...?

WoW...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I've not had anything sent, but if it's here and going to spread, probably best that the weans are off school till Wednesday.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join