It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Mom tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Big BIG cyber hugs for you. I lost my mom a couple years ago. Like you, we knew it was coming, Mom's quality of life had diminished greatly, and was a blessing to that extent. But it's still tough. I wish I knew how to make it easier for you. But I don't think that's even possible. It's just something to get through and past.

So hold your dear ones close. Cherish the memories. Let yourself cry and hurt and grieve your loss. Give yourself big hugs. And keep reminding yourself how very blessed you are to have someone that you could love so very much that it hurts this much to lose them.

Brightest blessings to you and yours.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Just getting in from a tough night. I'm ok and at peace with it, we all knew it was coming sooner than later but you're never ready for it until it actually happens. She was 93 and her health took a major turn in just the last few days. She had no quality of life left so it was for the best. I'll miss her as I do my Dad. Lost Dad ten years ago so there is a certain feeling of finality (for lack of better words) with having both parents now gone.

Thank you ATS for being here and allowing me to express my loss.

For those with parents still alive, cherish and value the time you have with them, because once they're gone, we're only left with the memories.

Not much I can add after reading all the replies except
GOD REST HER SOUL

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ummm...ah...brother...

Your loss is felt in more than just your heart...

That...sir...is the common voice of compassion...

A recognition that this journey is shared...you tossed a pebble into the heart of this ATS pond...and the ripples spread out across the face of the waters...

Entangled...we reflect sympathetically...strength acknowledges such connectivity and welcomes like plight...
And we respond in kind...

Journey well...mother to our brother...

Journey well...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Peace and comfort to you and yours at this sad time.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks again for the kind and supportive words that are helping to make a difficult time a little easier. The ATS family is awesome and a place I consider extended family. Thanks for all your support.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
mtnshredder

So sorry for your loss…
Her love will always be with you
Praying in the midst of your grief for stillness, peace, and calm in your heart…
Strength for your family
Hugs

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom almost 10 years ago. I think about her often, and will sometimes dream about her.
God Bless Mother's.
edit on 7-2-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. She is in a better place now.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Just getting in from a tough night. I'm ok and at peace with it, we all knew it was coming sooner than later but you're never ready for it until it actually happens. She was 93 and her health took a major turn in just the last few days. She had no quality of life left so it was for the best. I'll miss her as I do my Dad. Lost Dad ten years ago so there is a certain feeling of finality (for lack of better words) with having both parents now gone.

Thank you ATS for being here and allowing me to express my loss.

For those with parents still alive, cherish and value the time you have with them, because once they're gone, we're only left with the memories.

Sorry for your loss. Hang in there and cherish the memories.

My mother is in poor health and my heart stops every time I get a phone call.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Sad to hear that mtnshredder.

My mom, even in far away distances, knows when I'm not in good shape and calls me to ask how I'm doing.
I really wish you get some kind of a sign, a dream, a vision, or something, just to make sure she's in a good place. As one here put it "They're not gone".

My condolences.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

My mother is in the hospital and isn't doing well. I've not yet lost a parent, but if you ever need to vent to a stranger...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp

My mother is in the hospital and isn't doing well. I've not yet lost a parent, but if you ever need to vent to a stranger...

I'm very sorry to hear that, positive thoughts sent your way and wishing her the best.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

So true there's a poem about anniversaries of the heart. It's early and I can't quite remember it.
I am truly sorry for the pain that you are feeling. I have felt it also. You may never be the same but, I hope that in time you will be able to heal.
I'm still learning everyday how to live without Mom.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss. May your Mom rest in comfort and peace.

I lost my Mom at 93 also, on Christmas Eve two years ago. Same thing, she was fine one day, and in hospice three days later. She passed less than 24 hours after that. I hope your Mom's passing was easier for her than my Mom's. It was pretty rough. I was glad to have been able to make it there before she passed though. Hopefully it brought her some comfort.

Again, sorry for your loss, but know your parents will live on in your memory and will always be by your side.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'm sorry for your loss. May your Mom rest in comfort and peace.

I lost my Mom at 93 also, on Christmas Eve two years ago. Same thing, she was fine one day, and in hospice three days later. She passed less than 24 hours after that. I hope your Mom's passing was easier for her than my Mom's. It was pretty rough. I was glad to have been able to make it there before she passed though. Hopefully it brought her some comfort.

Again, sorry for your loss, but know your parents will live on in your memory and will always be by your side.

Sorry to hear. That sounds about exactly the way my Mom went also. She was sitting up and eating two days prior, assisted living called and suggested getting Hospice because of a major breathing change, we did and she was gone less than 12 hrs later.

Interesting coincidence that she was the same age as your Mom, mine was born on the same day that your Mother passed and under similar circumstances.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure I want to even ask this question...was the assisted living community your Mom was in an Ericson community by chance?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No. Haverland Center.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They're Not Gone Just in an higher dimension than we are. You might can't see them, but they can definitely see you. Energy doesn't die.

Sorry For your loss though.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It’s a hard time which is accompanied by strange thoughts and sad feelings.

I lost my old man just before Xmas and my mum 3.5 years ago.

66 and 70 respectively.

Although reasonably prepared for both the feelings can not be held back.

I hope you are ok.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join